Do some People have no concept of Noise?

A mama-san in Pattaya told me that Russians were cheap and wouldn't pay bar prices for alcohol and so bought their booze at 7/11 and then drank on the beach or at home. I think if they drank in bars you wouldn't hear the noise. 

27 minutes ago, retarius said:

A mama-san in Pattaya told me that Russians were cheap and wouldn't pay bar prices for alcohol and so bought their booze at 7/11 and then drank on the beach or at home. I think if they drank in bars you wouldn't hear the noise. 

I was sat in a pub one evening in Patong having a beer alone, some Russians who were sat outside came in and bought a bottle od Sang Som, 1500 baht they got charged they paid no argument, I was thinking to myself at the time if they saw the price in 7/11, could have bought 5 bottles. 

They are descendants of cossack warriors who murdered people because it was a convenient way to steal their fur coat. 

They are not a gentle people generally they are very gruff, loud and unfriendly. My best suggestion would be to leave the condo and rent a house, if you want quiet get yourself a house. I live in a house in a nice development and it's quiet all day and all night. I don't think it's reasonable to expect quiet when you're living on top of each other such as you are in many of the condo buildings here. 

And there's certainly not much that you could do about the noise, the ruckus, the loud people, and the disturbances when living in a condo building. I'm sure the more luxurious buildings are different, but most condo buildings here have tiny units that are very much crammed together. And what crowd is attracted to a 6-10,000 baht per month condo?

• Agree 2

On 2/26/2024 at 6:25 PM, bob smith said:

It’s the same thing every night in our building.

hordes of Russian families together in the common area,

smoking,

drinking,

screaming their bleedin heads off past 10pm.

the kids are the worst,

constant noise shouting at one another.

its always the same families.

the Japanese, Brit’s, aussies etc are all quiet as mice

but these Russians, by god.

they leave their trash everywhere and have broken many things in the common area in the past.

do they have no concept of noise pollution, or are they well aware of what they are doing but just don’t give a monkeys?

also, what can be done about this?

bob.

Cut off their vodka supply.

On 2/26/2024 at 6:51 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Thais are no different.

I was just thinking that myself Biggun. It never ceases to amaze me how loud they are, be it coughing, sneezing, talking etc! It's like a badge of honour if they're louder than the company they're in!

On 2/26/2024 at 7:19 PM, Ohyesuare said:

No concept of noise, manners, respect for the country and its people that they are visiting or anyone else and the list goes on. This is my personal experience with the majority of Russians I have been near or lived near. This seemed to change for awhile when the Russians first attacked Ukraine and they were worried about any backlash but has now returned to the same as before. Like I said, this is just my personal experience, Russia is a huge country and I am sure there are people there who are not like that.

And not that it matters or makes any difference but I am 1/4 Russian and often get mistaken at first as Russian by Russians and others, by looks only of course since I am a nice and respectful guy 🙂

It's impossible to pin down a Russian by looks alone. I'm 0% Russian but often get approached by them in Pattaya. Sometimes they ask if I speak Russian.

On 2/26/2024 at 7:07 PM, BigStar said:

No it isn't. But we do love a good Russian bash.

Let's see some photos.

I assume that by making such a definitive statement you went to his building to check.

On 2/26/2024 at 7:57 PM, LikeItHot said:

Yes. They learned it from Thais.  Gotta love the crap for brains guy who often sets off a 500 piece long strip of firecrackers at 7 am behind my house thinking that's normal.

Or the place near my house that sometimes plays loud bass-heavy music from 4am to 8am. What's the mentality of a head banger that does that?

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

It's impossible to pin down a Russian by looks alone. I'm 0% Russian but often get approached by them in Pattaya. Sometimes they ask if I speak Russian.

You don't, by chance, live in the same fine up-scale exclusive estate as Bob?    Perhaps, Bob is mistaking you and your babushkas?

Edited by tjintx

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

The ones at Jomtien beach don’t ask if I speak Russian, they just launch into rapid Russian, so I’ve had to memorise the Russian for “I’m sorry, I don’t speak Russian”.

However, as I’ve said before here, I have no problems whatsoever with them, they seem to be decent, ordinary people, unlike their president, and are definitely not noisy. The only guy who was noisy at the beach this afternoon was a very non-Russian looking black guy who was playing that horrid rap non-music at high volume, but I’m not about to make generalisations about black people from that single case.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I assume that by making such a definitive statement you went to his building to check.

LOL. No, that's obviously a demand that he present photos taken in his building as evidence that he actually has the problem he's claiming. I doubt he does.

2 hours ago, zhounan said:

Testosterone in group always make this result. Traditional civilizations still maintain high testosterone.

And the testosterone-deficient can easily shoot up with the stuff in Pattaya, the hub of silver-haired, corpulent 'youth'.

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And the testosterone-deficient can easily shoot up with the stuff in Pattaya, the hub of silver-haired, corpulent 'youth'.

Unfortunately testereone injections can shoot up blood pressure and cause stroke and heart attack