The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

The deep state manipulates the media to elect puppets like Bush, Obama, Biden. Pro war puppets so they can kill people and make billions on weapons whilst the average American pays for it.

But of course to the uneducated the deep state doesnt exist despite Assange proving it:cheesy:

Lost the plot....

5 minutes ago, Dolf said:

No deep state :cheesy:

No state sanctioned murders by the US

What fairyland do you live in?

Assange exposed these crooks for what they are

Deep state is completely different than state sponsored murders. Jeez.

Assange exposed those providing us information at great risk to themselves. Assange should be in jail.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

Agreed. But Biden is light years better than Trump. Look at my previous link. Most who worked for him didn't like him. These are people he hired! :cheesy:

Sooooo, your opinion that Trump is useless because he is unpopular with people that worked for him?

If that was a useful yardstick to measure people by, most of the managers I worked for were useless.

• Like 1

Not saying it is right, in fact can be frustrating.   Every company or government I worked for had philosophy,culture, way of doing things their way. How is this different?  The current government, rules, culture even courts have swayed to very liberal practices. So, why can't Trump direct these same entities to change? 

Not a huge Trump fan, just asking it seems like common practice for most government leaders.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, your opinion that Trump is useless because he is unpopular with people that worked for him?

If that was a useful yardstick to measure people by, most of the managers I worked for were useless.

That is one of many criteria to use. Especially considering the caliber of these individuals. Not your average people.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I can make that argument for almost any American president with the world's most powerful military, attempting to combat terrorism. IIRC there were a lot of people killed during the Civil War, by your criteria Lincoln was a murderer too.

Trump murdered a couple of hundred thousand of his fellow Americans during COVID.

Now kindly point me towards any other President who has (a) been adjudged a rapist (b) has had a $366 million verdict for fraud against him (c) has had 91 criminal indictments (d) Sucks up to dictators.

You support a mob boss.

More died from covid under Biden. Do you really think the deep state doesnt exist? JFK was killed by a nut? Diana was killed by a drunk? Epstein committed suicide? 

Assange exposed these murderers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

No, but I can see how the Trump ideology of idiocrasy can lead some to respond illogically.

Seems, there might be a couple of logical fallacies in your post:

Ad Hominem Fallacy: This is when an argument is directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining. In this case, you’re attacking Turnbull’s popularity rather than addressing the content of his statements about Trump.

False Equivalence Fallacy: This is when someone incorrectly asserts that two or more things are equivalent, simply because they share some characteristics. You seem to imply that because Turnbull was unpopular, his criticisms of Trump are invalid or less credible.

However, the popularity of a leader does not necessarily correlate with the validity of their observations or arguments.

While it’s true that Turnbull had his own challenges during his term as PM, his honest comments about Trump are based on his personal experiences and observations. These should be evaluated on their own merits, rather than dismissed based on his popularity.

No. I'm attacking your pick of an unpopular PM (Turnbull) as an example to promote your argument against Trump. The contents of his "statements" seem personally and politically driven. Turnbull did not directly witness much of what he criticizes Trump of and, as far as I can see, they only had one close and exclusive meeting, without Putin, of course.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Intelligent people know the deep state is beloved by people seeking for an excuse for their own inadequacies.

Well keep believing the earth is flat then. Wikileaks proved it exists. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

That is one of many criteria to use. Especially considering the caliber of these individuals. Not your average people.

I stopped thinking that "those sort of people" were special when I got to know some of them in the military, which IMO is run by mental midgets in uniform ( not all of course, I did get to know some that were actually good at what they did ) I don't know enough about the people that Trump hired to know if they were competent. I know that Seesions was a useless incompetent and Trump should have sacked him soon as he recused himself.

IMO most of them got to where they are just because they were at the right place at the right time, or they knew someone that helped them. None of which makes them exceptional. They all have to poop.

54 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/18/opinion/trump-cabinet-election-2024.html

What 17 of Trump’s ‘Best People’ Said About Him

Mark Milley. Joints Chief of Staff

Sept. 29, 2023

We don’t take an oath to a country. We don’t take an oath to a tribe. We don’t take an oath to a religion. We don’t take an oath to a king or a queen, or to a tyrant or a dictator. And we don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator.”

Rex Tillerson. Secretary of State

July 20, 2017

Moron,” Mr. Tillerson reportedly said of Mr. Trump.

I'm pretty sure that pooch Milley isn't a Trump person and certainly not best in show

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Dolf said:

More died from covid under Biden. Do you really think the deep state doesnt exist? JFK was killed by a nut? Diana was killed by a drunk? Epstein committed suicide? 

Assange exposed these murderers.

You really need to compare apple to apple. 

Trump Last 10 months, 425,000 people died from Covid-19. Comparatively Biden’s first 10 months saw 353,000 people died from Covid-19. Still not a comparison to be proud off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

You really need to compare apple to apple. 

Trump Last 10 months, 425,000 people died from Covid-19. Comparatively Biden’s first 10 months saw 353,000 people died from Covid-19. Still not a comparison to be proud off. 

Biden had 3 vaccines.

1 minute ago, Cory1848 said:

Hey Dolf, my wife spent a career as a US diplomat, ending up in the Senior Foreign Service, where she had daily interactions with ambassadors, officials at the highest levels of the bureaucracy (including intelligence officers), and state and federal elected officials on foreign missions. In your addled imagination, she was in the thick of the deep state, but in reality, she was simply at the upper end of a typical bureaucracy of civil servants trying to do their jobs. Really, that’s all it was.

So you’re getting your information from what, “videos”? Maybe you’re mixing up “deep state” with foreign policy blundering, I have no idea, but really, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. I do. Reading your fevered posts here, I’d suggest a few weeks away from social media.

Does the deep state exist in China, Russia and Thailand? Yes or no?

Politico,

“In the classified documents case, Trump’s lawyers have argued that the intelligence community is heavily politicized already, only with a leftist ideology that is unfair to the former president.

One former senior White House official under Trump, who is still close with Trump and his team, argued that other key national security officials at the time also believed the intelligence agencies were political and bloated bureaucratic offices that often miscalculated critical issues. Another former Trump administration national security official who still speaks to the former president said there is a need for Trump, if re-elected, to try to install people in the agencies who he trusts and oust those who have a history of trying to undermine him”.

What a mess domestically and foreign!

He’s in a much better position the second time around to do some legal agency house  cleaning.

Weaponization of Government agencies is a threat to the existence of the Republic, with help from loyalists , American First 

cabinet heads ,the new administration will weed out the outliers  after the typical resignations .

He won’t have a Jim Comey , McCabe or Stroz conspiring to create soft coup’s , such as the Russia Russia hoax. Fbi director Chris Wray a Chris Christy recommendation is gone, its a start .

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

In your addled imagination, she was in the thick of the deep state, but in reality, she was simply at the upper end of a typical bureaucracy of civil

I'd say she was a nobody who shuffled paper and pushed pens.

• Like 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Wanted, allegedly, has info - all a rich conspiracy vein.

JFK was assassinated by a loner who had dreams of living in Russia, and thought the act would ingratiate him with the Soviet regime.

There is no evidence Diana was pregnant. The couple was being chased by paparazzi, with an impaired chauffeur at the wheel.

Prince Andrew did it in his own nest. Epstein was facing years in jail, and prisons are notorious for their treatment of pedophiles by other inmates.

You're so full of horse poo it's a wonder you are not neighing.

So the deep state doesnt exist then? You are easily fooled by the media it seems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1