The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

52 minutes ago, riclag said:

Politico,

“In the classified documents case, Trump’s lawyers have argued that the intelligence community is heavily politicized already, only with a leftist ideology that is unfair to the former president.

One former senior White House official under Trump, who is still close with Trump and his team, argued that other key national security officials at the time also believed the intelligence agencies were political and bloated bureaucratic offices that often miscalculated critical issues. Another former Trump administration national security official who still speaks to the former president said there is a need for Trump, if re-elected, to try to install people in the agencies who he trusts and oust those who have a history of trying to undermine him”.

What a mess domestically and foreign!

He’s in a much better position the second time around to do some legal agency house  cleaning.

Weaponization of Government agencies is a threat to the existence of the Republic, with help from loyalists , American First 

cabinet heads ,the new administration will weed out the outliers  after the typical resignations .

He won’t have a Jim Comey , McCabe or Stroz conspiring to create soft coup’s , such as the Russia Russia hoax. Fbi director Chris Wray a Chris Christy recommendation is gone, its a start .

That argument was already rebutted not only by the Inspector General of the Justice Dept, but also by John Durham, who was appointed to reinvestigate the issue because William Barr was dissatisfied with the AG's conclusion about the role that political prejudice played in the original investigation.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Dolf said:

More died from covid under Biden. Do you really think the deep state doesnt exist? JFK was killed by a nut? Diana was killed by a drunk? Epstein committed suicide? 

Assange exposed these murderers.

Stop trolling. Jeez. Stick to the topic.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, riclag said:

Politico,

“In the classified documents case, Trump’s lawyers have argued that the intelligence community is heavily politicized already, only with a leftist ideology that is unfair to the former president.

One former senior White House official under Trump, who is still close with Trump and his team, argued that other key national security officials at the time also believed the intelligence agencies were political and bloated bureaucratic offices that often miscalculated critical issues. Another former Trump administration national security official who still speaks to the former president said there is a need for Trump, if re-elected, to try to install people in the agencies who he trusts and oust those who have a history of trying to undermine him”.

What a mess domestically and foreign!

He’s in a much better position the second time around to do some legal agency house  cleaning.

Weaponization of Government agencies is a threat to the existence of the Republic, with help from loyalists , American First 

cabinet heads ,the new administration will weed out the outliers  after the typical resignations .

He won’t have a Jim Comey , McCabe or Stroz conspiring to create soft coup’s , such as the Russia Russia hoax. Fbi director Chris Wray a Chris Christy recommendation is gone, its a start .

Trump's lawyers? Right. Such credible people. 😝

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Trump's lawyers? Right. Such credible people. 😝

More credible than random people on the internet who think the US never kills innocents and covers it up.

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

So then every president has been a criminal? Lay off the kool-aid. Please.

Who was VP whilst many innocents were killed?

Why is it ok for the US to kill people?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You beat me to it. More likely that they are terrified he'll go after the guys that worked against him the first time. Hopefully he won't have a useless incompetent like Sessions to have to deal with this time.

“On Trump's last day in office, why were sensitive documents allegedly in such disarray”?

Pay no attention to the misleading way these activists pretending to be reporters phrase the headline!

During his last weeks in office,Trump declassified much of what the 

intelligence agencies didn’t want known . Those documents were suppose to be released , but like the JFK files, they weren’t.

Some Doj officials will be held accountable for that me thinks.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-day-office-sensitive-documents-allegedly-disarray/story?id=90989613

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dolf said:

More old people? More fat people? You would have to look at those 2 factors.

I extracted portion of the link to reveal your tendency to avoid the truth. You seem to be struggling with truths and facts. 

Republicans are less likely to be vaccinated, then of course more deaths will be Republicans

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Eric Loh said:

I extracted portion of the link to reveal your tendency to avoid the truth. You seem to be struggling with truths and facts. 

Republicans are less likely to be vaccinated, then of course more deaths will be Republicans

You need to provide actual statistics on all the factors not make vague statements

Age, obesity are major factors as is vaccination. If people choose not to vaccinate that's their choice not Trump's fault.

39 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Does the deep state exist in China, Russia and Thailand? Yes or no?

I would say that there are entrenched interests in most states -- I prefer that term to “deep state,” and I would agree that entrenched interests can have real power and are generally outside the purview of elections. In China, if you want to call the Chinese Communist Party a “deep state,” up to you, but calling it the “Chinese Communist Party” is more accurate. In Russia, a “deep state” was certainly developing as wealthy oligarchs snapped up state assets after the fall of communism, but they’ve mostly been co-opted by a stronger force. In Thailand, no comment.

In the US, there are certainly entrenched corporate interests who routinely purchase politicians, and maybe that’s what you’re thinking about. But these are ad hoc alliances, not long-standing institutions. The term “corporate interests” is much more accurate.

In short, it’s not quite as simple as you make it out to be. And I would suggest not blindly latching onto every conspiracy theory you read about online.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 7:27 AM, Walker88 said:

As a former case officer, I know first hand what it takes to do the job and what sort of intelligence COs gain access to. One such thing is terrorist threats, most of which are rolled up and prevented before they occur, the public none the wiser. Many times such terrorist plans are credible threats against the President, as getting so public a figure is a major coup for an organization such as al Qaeda.

I also know the general feelings of those on the front lines of the intel community toward despots and tyrants, such as the kind of person trump fantasizes about being.

Put the two together, and I doubt any case officer would report a credible threat against trump. Take some of that built up R&R time or Home Leave. Let al Qaeda or Jama'ah Islamiya or the Haqqani Network or whomever has a plan do the needful and rid the world of a major threat. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I also would be willing to bet that should trump travel internationally, not a single host nation or their security would bend over backwards to protect trump. Nobody likes him (save perhaps for putin and Kim Jong-un), and nobody respects him. Take him out in London or Berlin or Paris or Tokyo---oh well, stuff happens. All host governments and all liaison intelligence services are of the same view: a world without trump is instantly a better world.

Now donny could try to stuff the agency with lackeys, but none of them has either the brains or courage to walk alone into the dens of al Qaeda or any terror group and do what case officers do. Similarly, I know none of the trumpers on this site have the brains or cojones to do the job.

The bloated one would quickly learn that no one who could save him is on his side. He will shudder himself in the WH cocoon and do what he did whenever even a Code Pink protest showed up on PA Ave: run to the WH bunker, coward that he is.

At least no other country laughs at Trump the way the whole world laughs at Biden and the comedy he has made of the USA. Foreign nations don't all like Trump but most respect him and take him seriously. If were 1963 they would take Trump out the way the did JFK, now its never ending 'Trumped' up court cases. I hope Trump gets re elected, if only to see the liberal tears and hate flowing again. Yahoo etc would implode. 😄

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Obesity is more common in red states which would explain in part the higher death rates

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html