Japanese National Found Dead After Fall from Sri Racha Condominium

snoop1130

429524098_908526487946837_7832264448569454717_n-696x392.jpg

A naked Japanese man was discovered deceased on Monday, February 26th, following a fall from a condominium building in Sri Racha, Chonburi.

Authorities responded to a report of the individual falling from a condominium building early this morning. The incident occurred at a prominent high-rise condominium, whose name was withheld pending an ongoing investigation in the Sri Racha district.

Authorities arrived at the scene and located the body of a deceased person on the 6th floor by the swimming pool. The victim was identified by Sri Racha police as Mr. Yuya Fujiwara, a 41-year-old Japanese national. The police disclosed the victim’s identity after reportedly contacting his family and embassy.

By Aim Tanakorn

Caption: PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: The Pattaya News 2024-02-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 2

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who die in Thailand as a result of falling from a tall building. RIP to the poor man from Japan. We are not here forever, but that is a horrible way to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who die in Thailand as a result of falling from a tall building

The building laws need to be changed....

I think some of it could be getting older. When you get older you get a bit jittery and not as balanced. Most older people have vision issues also with bifocals and thick glasses and such. If you add in some drinking it's not like a young strong guy is out there on the balcony. I was out there recently and did not feel as confident as I was in my 20's & 30's. I had to walk around more carefully then when I was younger.

Edited by JimTripper

First thing I did after purchase was to have the balcony railing extended another 50cm (bit of a fight with the juristic getting permission but after I told them I'd get a lawyer they relented). Before that it was super scary to be anywhere near the railing as it was basically just above hip height for me and I'm not super tall at 187cm. Looks like crap but safety first.

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

First thing I did after purchase was to have the balcony railing extended another 40cm. Before that it was super scary to be anywhere near the railing.

I have lately looked at many condo's, most of them 10 - 15 years old, and didn't see any that didn't have a balcony railing higher than my belly button,

So either you are 2.5 meter tall, or you bought some substandard or very old condo

21 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I have lately looked at many condo's, most of them 10 - 15 years old, and didn't see any that didn't have a balcony railing higher than my belly button,

So either you are 2.5 meter tall, or you bought some substandard or very old condo

Exactly my point. Belly button level is IMO way too low (the average male's center of gravity while standing is just below the belly button). I feel safer at about nipple level or just under the nipples (I'm just a little tall-ish 187cm, not a 2m Dutch giant).

As for the unit I bought, 7 yrs old in Phuket (Laguna), 85 sqm beach view @ THB 9 mil, so from my Western minded perspective in regard to build quilty I'd consider it a mid-tier development. Not ultra luxury, but definitely not hobo housing like that well known chain of white painted monstrosities in Pattaya/Jomtien that have 1000+ units per bldg. 

Edited by Sandboxer

18 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

First thing I did after purchase was to have the balcony railing extended another 50cm (bit of a fight with the juristic getting permission but after I told them I'd get a lawyer they relented). Before that it was super scary to be anywhere near the railing as it was basically just above hip height for me and I'm not super tall at 187cm. Looks like crap but safety first.

I was at my GFs apartment last week. Forget hip height. The balcony top railing there is just halfway between knee and hip height for me and I'm average height for a westerner. Just as well I don't overnight there anymore (she stays with me).

Anyone noticed how readily the name, age and nationality of the poor deceased gentleman and his state of dress is disclosed? But never the location of the actual tragic event. It's not as if anyone is going to blame the building for his demise (or will they accuse the building of low balcony heights?). RIP Khun Yippun.

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I was at my GFs apartment last week. Forget hip height. The balcony top railing there is just halfway between knee and hip height for me and I'm average height for a westerner. Just as well I don't overnight there anymore (she stays with me).

Are you surer? That sounds like 80-85cm only? Not even safe for a toddler!