Yet another scam- This time a Samsung franchisee in Kalasin.

Scouse123

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB) Thailand may be able to help if your visit to the Samsung Service Centre doesn't resolve the issue.

https://complaint.ocpb.go.th/#

I have no personal experience, but I'm sure there have been positive reports from members here.

This office and board is the busiest in Thailand by far.

• Like 1

9000 baht.  A 250$ phone.   Your wife broke the screen.   The phone techs in MBK in bkk are very good and i bet  they would have fixed it good for 2000 baht.   But I would have wanted a price from Samsung shop because likely a new screen was half the phones value so time to get a new phone.   But a decent gently used samy, like a S21 ultra or any ultra. Many people trade in fir the latest versions .   The ultra cameras are amazing.   Get a good cheap case like the unicorn beetle.  Its just as 

Protective as an otter box.   

Im all about holding Thai's accountable.  But for a broken 250$ phone.    No.  

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB) Thailand may be able to help if your visit to the Samsung Service Centre doesn't resolve the issue.

https://complaint.ocpb.go.th/#

I have no personal experience, but I'm sure there have been positive reports from members here.

Just hate them thinking they've pulled a fast one and got away with it with no recourse.

If it makes them think twice, good!

003.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think there may be another facet at play here.

Taking sending the phone to Samsung can take weeks (I guess), but getting the phone repaired locally could return solution within a day, perhaps two.  Thus, when given the choice I imagine most Thai's would want the 'quick' repair. 

Its possible the vendor was not trying to deliberately cheat the Op, but giving him the solution he thought he wanted and going about in a very clumsy, unprofessional manner becase everyone else is just more of the attitude of 'yeah whatever - just fix it'....

So... I don't think the Vendor was pulling a deliberate scam.... but just operating in an manner which is clumsy without clear communication - and thats is pretty much par for the course here and its only when we start asking 20 questions that we find out the rings, hoops and circles Thai's will jump through and run around not to do something properly.... 

Yeah, but then they want to return a phone that they have broken and can't fix.

They, of course, don't want to accept responsibility and give a new replacement phone.

Incidentally, all other shops in this area, including the franchisee Advice Centre IT send them to Samsung.

Anyway, off for a trip to Roi Et, as I have bugger all else to do and may kill two birds with one stone and call in it Makro.

14 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Because it is the principle. They are ripping people off. It's fraud. What if a poor person had worked months to save up for a decent phone, and they did this to them? These people need to understand that in a civilized, adult society you don't carry out such deceptive behaviour at the expense of others. 

I agree, and that's why I have made a full official complaint to try and make them think they cannot just carry on like this regardless.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:05 PM, retarius said:

Some people, it's only 11,500 baht, why would you waste time, effort, energy and raise your BP over such a small amount of money? Do you put no value on your time? Is someone going to reimburse you for all your petrol and the wear and tear on your car? And you chances of success are what exactly? Close to zero I would suspect.

Everybody has to choose their battles. Maybe for him this is a fight he wants to pursue.

It's people like him that fight for their principles that make life better for the rest of us.

Edited by RocketDog
  • Like 1