Ophthalmologist or qualified Eye person who speaks English for new Glasses

rexpotter

I have managed to get several pairs of glasses without an English speaking optometrist. You know how the optics tests work, go do it. If you cooperate, they will be very helpful. 

On 2/29/2024 at 3:38 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

Euro Optics in Royal Garden Plaza the lady speaks very good English, she is an optometrist.

I'll second this one.  A Philippine lady called Maria.

8 hours ago, treetops said:

I'll second this one.  A Philippine lady called Maria.

Probably the best optometrist in Pattaya. However, last I checked, the exams are for customers who intend to buy glasses from her. No standalone exams w/ prescription given. Not atypical. We should have a list here of docs who will give a prescription only. First Optic is one, Pattaya International another (inquire first). What about Pattaya Optic?

Edited by BigStar

19 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Probably the best optometrist in Pattaya. However, last I checked, the exams are for customers who intend to buy glasses from her. No standalone exams w/ prescription given. Not atypical. We should have a list here of docs who will give a prescription only. First Optic is one, Pattaya International another (inquire first). What about Pattaya Optic?

I stopped taking "best blah blah in pattaya" recommendations from this forum.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I stopped taking "best blah blah in pattaya" recommendations from this forum.

Of course you did, but Up 2 U is one of the core values of Pattaya culture. Pattaya provides.🙂 

8 minutes ago, BigStar said:

However, last I checked, the exams are for customers who intend to buy glasses from her. No standalone exams w/ prescription given.

I wasn't aware of that but I do know she won't do it the other way round, ie sell you glasses based on a presciption obtained elsewhere.  She insists on doing the eye test as presumably it gives her the opportunity to pick up any other issues you should be aware of.