Tell your exercise regimen

I have noticed a lot of guys mentioning they exercise a few times a week or everyday 

What is your exercise regimen

Unfortunately I had to cut down as I got older , training everyday did make me tired even with testereone injections 

I try and train 5 days a week, ( I am 53 and in good health).

I use a mixture of TRX and Bodylastics (resistance bands), and do CV work either running around a lake near me (weather permitting) or static bike.

If you are  older than this and have health worries I would recommend Bodylastics (very cheap on Lazada), easy to set up anywhere, it will exercise every muscle group, and you can set your own resistance (kilograms), good for flexibility and to keep muscles from atrophying, also is easy on the joints.

Example training programme:

Mon   Back and Biceps and 15k static bike

Tue    Chest and Triceps  and 5k run

Wed   Shoulders and Legs

Thurs Rest day upper body 20k static bike or 5k run

Fri      Repeat from the top..

I do the above programme but 85% of the time it is with TRX not bodylastics.

As I say this is just an example you can adjust it around to suit your health conditions/age.

Always go and get checked out by your Doctor before embarking on any exercise programme.

• Love It 1

5km on the treadmill....under 30 mins......one hour weights....one hour in the pool.....everyday.

Cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, salad for dinner....no smoking, no alcohol.

Got me from 90kg to 74kg.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

If it's any consolation....I hate every second of it......apart from the swimming.

i'm so lazy. i mean screen name and all. a friend keeps pushing me and i hate/love him for it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

5km on the treadmill....under 30 mins......one hour weights....one hour in the pool.....everyday.

Cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, salad for dinner....no smoking, no alcohol.

Got me from 90kg to 74kg.

What about meat?

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Very rare I eat meat (not a vegetarian)....the odd burger, chicken, maybe a steak...once or twice a month.

What about eggs? Your diet sounds very low in protein.

8 minutes ago, Dolf said:

What about eggs? Your diet sounds very low in protein.

Funny you should say that....my sister was onto me just last night.....saying the same thing.

Eat, maybe, one egg per day on average with my salad.

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Funny you should say that....my sister was onto me just last night.....saying the same thing.

Eat, maybe, one egg per day on average with my salad.

1 hour a day of weights on 1 egg. Your muscles will waste away.

You should have a look in to your diet if you feel tired. I heard for long time we needed more protein the older we got, and took me awhile to try, and it was a game changer. Now back on 30% protein, 25% fat and 45% carb.  

Rowing as warm up 

4-6 days weights

Push-Legs-pull 

Walk one hour 5 days a week

Rowing 35min 2-3 days a week

Swimming is my preferred activty when I have access to a pool. 

3 hours ago, Martin71 said:

I try and train 5 days a week, ( I am 53 and in good health).

I use a mixture of TRX and Bodylastics (resistance bands), and do CV work either running around a lake near me (weather permitting) or static bike.

If you are  older than this and have health worries I would recommend Bodylastics (very cheap on Lazada), easy to set up anywhere, it will exercise every muscle group, and you can set your own resistance (kilograms), good for flexibility and to keep muscles from atrophying, also is easy on the joints.

Example training programme:

Mon   Back and Biceps and 15k static bike

Tue    Chest and Triceps  and 5k run

Wed   Shoulders and Legs

Thurs Rest day upper body 20k static bike or 5k run

Fri      Repeat from the top..

I do the above programme but 85% of the time it is with TRX not bodylastics.

As I say this is just an example you can adjust it around to suit your health conditions/age.

Always go and get checked out by your Doctor before embarking on any exercise programme.

Bands like bodylastics are great. Be careful however about the cheap copies at Lazada. They do not last long and can hurt you when breaking. The sets at Lazada often cost the same as a single good band from a reputable company. Good and expensive bands can last years. Just to mention.

a 2 hour total body workout in my (well equipped) home gym every 3 days. 

plenty of aerobic work around the farm every day

and a good dose of alcohol about 4 days a week to stop me from becoming too hansum

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dolf said:

1 hour a day of weights on 1 egg. Your muscles will waste away.

easy to get extra protein with all the drinks and added protein powders that are easy to add with the meals.  Last I recall was that within 4 hours of weight lifting, need 40 extra grams of protein so that the body doesn't take it from the muscles..but I am no expert and do take extra protein when I lift weights.  I do fruits AM w/soaked oatmeal, tumeric, Thai or farang lunch, nuts, seeds, probiotic yogurt and berries during the evening (fortunately Villamarket carries a variety of fresh berries)

I start with stretching exercises.

Morning exercise:

Afternoon exercise:

Swimming when it gets hotter, golf three times a week, walk a couple of km every day.

I got off blood pressure meds about two years ago. Resting pulse rate mid-fifties.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bicycle 40-45km about 5 days a week. Usually ride 3 days then skip one, and repeat, sometimes skip one after 2 days but I average 5 days per week. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tedly said:

Bicycle 40-45km about 5 days a week. Usually ride 3 days then skip one, and repeat, sometimes skip one after 2 days but I average 5 days per week. 

Wow 

In Asia you do this ?

Arent you concerned about traffic 

• Like 2

Go to Fitness First weight training 3x a week. Walk on average of 8K steps a day. Swim about 25 laps in 20 meter pool 2/3 times a week.  Occasional bike ride. 

Wake up, half hour of power breathing, 30 minutes in the pool -- swimming, stretches, leg exercises -- typically walk between 6,000 and 10,000 steps per day, 90 minutes of aerobics in the evening. I like a drink after aerobics and that makes me feel guilty.

• Like 1

At age 73 I'm cycling 3 times per week, average distance per ride around 45kms. Just returned from a 60km ride with some serious hill climbs involved, Steepest gradient 22%.

DDPYoga 4 times a week, sessions range between 35-50 minutes.

Golf once a month

Supplements: Drink Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 30mls (2 tablespoons) every morning on an empty stomach & the same dose 1 hour before bed each night.

Blood sugar & blood pressure levels are the same healthy levels as when I was in my 20's.  Flexibility is better now than when I was 40. Weight down from 95kg to 80kg.