Your personal opinion guns

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Regardless of eating or not eating the meat it is wrong......but your are correct.....I will never understand the mind of a hunter (or a Trump supporter or a Republican for that matter).

In your mind it is wrong, but to the millions of hunters and meat eaters, it is normal. And Trump's mind isn't easy to understand because he's a very disturbed billionaire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

This is more for our American members but did you believe in carrying a gun and did you ?

Yep.  And yep.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I wonder why on all your posts you laugh at your own jokes that are not even funny ?

🙄🙄

ANd just to be nice you have to pretend to laugh with them 😅 🙄

ANd... Got it, you dont like smiley,s.!!   Ok... lol! 

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

It must be hard for you to understand the mind of a hunter, being one who thinks we are sick for hunting, and eating , the game we shoot. Are you a meat eater? If so, you might want to check out how your meals are kept, and then killed. If a vegetarian, then I'm sorry you will never understand this. We don't kill for fun, at least the majority of hunters. We are in the woods to enjoy life in it's purest form. We don't kill every time we go. If we kill, we have the meat processed and then either have meals for us or family and friends, or we donate to homeless shelters so they can have something to eat.

So you shoot birds for fun? How nice. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I shot my first gun when I was 6. My father was in the Shore Patrol. He would of course hold my hands, as his Navy issue was a bit heavy. We would shoot at man targets in the basement. He showed me how to disassemble, blue, and reassemble. Had my first rifle when I was 10. At that time I could walk downtown and buy bullets for it myself (needed a note from my mother to buy cigarettes for her). I find guns as a tool. Too many people now seem to think it is some sign of manhood. I don't hunt anymore, and I don't have a fox trying to get in the hen house anymore so I no longer need one. I have a friend who sleeps with one under his pillow. I just can't go there with that kind of paranoia.

Once while hitchhiking, this guy picks us up. There were three of us so I sat in the back. The handgun that he had hidden under his seat had slid back onto the floor in front of me. I never said anything and left it there. I always wonder what went through his head when he found it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

The bull<deleted> never ends       Obama took all the guns remember   or was that Hitler ?

Can you read? I never said Obama took the guns. I said the price of weapons and ammo went up as political moves to restrict guns took effect. Read intsead on commenting, you might learn something.

4 hours ago, retarius said:

I don't know about foreigners but Thais can get legal guns easily. They are expensive, though, a 9mm Block G9 is about $3000 (100k baht) with the paperwork vs around $500-600 in the US (although there has been inflation since and panic buying driving up the price as some political moves to restrict guns take effect).

Ammo is cheap here and available. 

Dunno what a Block G9 is but a .45 Glock can be at a reasonable price.

image.png.7cb57d80eb38f249875a77032df0c9ec.png

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, retarius said:

Can you read? I never said Obama took the guns. I said the price of weapons and ammo went up as political moves to restrict guns took effect. Read intsead on commenting, you might learn something.

I said he took all the guns      So who is incapable of reading?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately there are now some parts of Australia particularly regional areas where you should be allowed to carry a gun !

I read of some parts ,Alice Springs, Townsville, Moree etc where the crime is rampant 

Edited by georgegeorgia

People who carry guns for the personal pleasure and fun they get from killing animal and birds, doesn't have my blessing or respect.

That is my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

hunt with a bow only and you have my utmost respect in all aspects of your hunting and practices.

use a gun and well the game really isn't pure now anymore is it. when you can take a target down from hundreds of yards away it makes things a little one sided. 

pure would also include a hunter being eaten by a bear out in the woods if he only had a bow. pure nature at its best. 

Gel Blasters are great for feral cats !

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

hunt with a bow only and you have my utmost respect in all aspects of your hunting and practices.

use a gun and well the game really isn't pure now anymore is it. when you can take a target down from hundreds of yards away it makes things a little one sided. 

pure would also include a hunter being eaten by a bear out in the woods if he only had a bow. pure nature at its best. 

I guess there has to be some culling of animals though 

Kangaroos are overpopulated are they not 

I was a little bit sad though of the recent killing by snipers in helicopter shooting the Brumbies in the national park I think 2000 wild horses to be culled 

The man from snowy River Brumbies 😭

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was thinking if I was a American I would carry a gun and move to places that allowed a gun.

That is exactly why I came to Thailand.

Imagine my disappointment. I guess I should had researched the issue before I came here.:sad:

Now I am looking at explosives or PNDs (Personal Nuclear Devices) 

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I guess there has to be some culling of animals though 

Kangaroos are overpopulated are they not 

I was a little bit sad though of the recent killing by snipers in helicopter shooting the Brumbies in the national park I think 2000 wild horses to be culled 

The man from snowy River Brumbies 😭

are we not more of the problem though ? nature without us has a good way of balancing itself. 

• Agree 1

American, and left of center leaning politically. Let's see, right before retirement and move to Thailand, I owned a pump shotgun I had used rarely for dove, rabbit hunting. 30-30c with scope used only target shooting on my 18.4 acres, inherited Dad's 38c pistol, owned 38c snub nosed, 22 fold down backpack rifle (you may remember from a James  Bond movie), favorite was a target pistol thought of as home protection was an .308 Bersa PPK knockoff. went through training/testing to hold a Kentucky Concealed Deadly Weapon License (mostly so I could put in car glove compartment without fearing getting cited for having a Concealed Deadly Weapon (leave in on dashboard, on seat and it would not be considered concealed). I support hunting gun and pistol for home protection (not to protect property but threaten me of household members and I would shoot you dead without any remorse). I favor out lawing assault style weapons (reinstitution the 1990s bi-partisan law), outlaw "bump-stocks, outlaw large ammunition magazines. ALL "Rights" under the American Bill of Rights have restrictions, the current 2nd amendment interpretation is not valid. The history and English language wording is clear, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Australia has had 18 mass shootings this century, an average of less than one a year.

In America, the average is more than one per day.

It is a NRA myth Australians are not allowed to have guns. Post Port Arthur, I legally owned four firearms for hunting purposes.

I remember traveling in a car with an American from Philadelphia to Consohocken. He had 19 firearms in his household. When I asked him why, he said it was in case the Commies invaded.

On balance of probability, logic, and history, America is the nation least likely to be invaded by any other country. It has an ocean on each side of it.

Jim Jeffries points out the absurdity of the American Second Amendment obsession.

Conshohocken  good food ,   The commies have taken over    Putin

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Reasonable for Thailand.

The average price of a handgun from a reputable, licensed dealer in Thailand is 5x the cost of the same gun in the US.  For rifles and shotguns, it's about 3x the cost of the same firearm. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Grew up on a farm where we had alot rifles and guns, and available for me since 12 years old, and could go out and shoot whenever I wanted, but never owned a gun myself. 

If you feel the need for a gun to protect yourself, you living the wrong place! 

Most people have no need for a gun!

Absolutely ain't that the truth .

But ...I guess all.of us can't live in wealthy areas as us Academics

We unfortunately have the peasants and lower class uneducated among us ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I guess of you live in the USA and you travel at night maybe a good idea to carry one .

Those areas such as Texas etc by yourself filling up gas/fuel by yourself or a truck driver 

It's never a good idea to assume you know much about another country without spending a lot of time there. I lived in Texas for 32 years, never carried a handgun, sold guns for a living, and never saw any crime where someone used one. Daily, driving many miles, night and day, small towns, big towns and country, filling up on gas at night, never had any trouble whatsoever.

• Agree 2

I had a .22 rifle in my early twenties. Used it for work, carrying it around in the back of my car. (country vet - used to euthanise animals) .  Handed in after the Port Arthur incident. 

Don't miss owning a gun - and feel happier in a society where they are 'less visible'.

• Like 2