Your personal opinion guns

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Absolutely ain't that the truth .

But ...I guess all.of us can't live in wealthy areas as us Academics

We unfortunately have the peasants and lower class uneducated among us ! 

So a gun make you safer? The mentality of everyone have a gun, doesnt that mean the criminals have easier to use their gun? An evil circle. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Good! Leave guns in America!:whistling:

I'm guessing you don't know that Thailand has about as much gun crime per capita as the US, and almost all of it is involving Thais, illegal guns, drugs, gangs and the like, just as other countries like America, just on a slightly smaller scale. Even mass shooting happen here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, connda said:

The average price of a handgun from a reputable, licensed dealer in Thailand is 5x the cost of the same gun in the US.  For rifles and shotguns, it's about 3x the cost of the same firearm. 

Mmmmm shotguns, on my want list is a

image.png.a86d3a0a4ca0dc977b43984c9546be83.png

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

People who carry guns for the personal pleasure and fun they get from killing animal and birds, doesn't have my blessing or respect.

That is my opinion.

Your opinion might change if you were a station owner or environmentalist trying to control introduced vermin such as rabbits, feral cats, pigs, and foxes. Or an excess population of kangaroos eating pasture his stock needed.

I always ate edible game I shot, or fed it to the station dogs. They enjoyed fresh meat a lot more than their staple diet of dry dog food.

Rule #1 on all the stations I hunted on was no shooting of birds, except ducks for eating, and crows. The crows were almost always too smart to get hit anyway.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It's never a good idea to assume you know much about another country without spending a lot of time there. I lived in Texas for 32 years, never carried a handgun, sold guns for a living, and never saw any crime where someone used one. Daily, driving many miles, night and day, small towns, big towns and country, filling up on gas at night, never had any trouble whatsoever.

You Sir should buy a lottery ticket !,😅

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

Conshohocken  good food ,   The commies have taken over    Putin

I thought it was the other way around, Putin took over the commies.

I remember Consohocken, agree food was good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

hunt with a bow only and you have my utmost respect in all aspects of your hunting and practices.

use a gun and well the game really isn't pure now anymore is it. when you can take a target down from hundreds of yards away it makes things a little one sided. 

pure would also include a hunter being eaten by a bear out in the woods if he only had a bow. pure nature at its best. 

I use all firearms but usually, and for the last 5 or more years, a bow then a crossbow.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your opinion might change if you were a station owner or environmentalist trying to control introduced vermin such as rabbits, feral cats, pigs, and foxes. Or an excess population of kangaroos eating pasture his stock needed.

I always ate edible game I shot, or fed it to the station dogs. They enjoyed fresh meat a lot more than their staple diet of dry dog food.

Rule #1 on all the stations I hunted on was no shooting of birds, except ducks for eating, and crows. The crows were almost always too smart to get hit anyway.

You were in the outback of Australia?

Too many kangaroo 🦘

Just now, georgegeorgia said:

You Sir should buy a lottery ticket !,😅

I do, and have won many times, but never more than $1000 USD. Here  no luck yet. Trust me, Texas isn't like what you might have heard about it. It's like I mentioned. Of course there is crime, but mostly in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

But NOT just the thrill of shooting / killing animals then walking away.

I saw active service in the VN conflict and saw many human being killed, maimed, lose their limbs, dreadfully disfigured etc.

I returned to OZ and never again touched and type of firearm and I never will. 

And you were only 19 too right 😂

7 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Guns are for weak people who can't fight.

No, guns, besides those for hunting and target shooting, are for protection against weak people who can't fight, or want what you have. The same as here with 5 against 1, and carrying machetes and sticks.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I do, and have won many times, but never more than $1000 USD. Here  no luck yet. Trust me, Texas isn't like what you might have heard about it. It's like I mentioned. Of course there is crime, but mostly in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio .

Your probably right ,it's probably much worse in Australia with our lax leftist laws 

I would prefer to walk in the Country towns of Texas at night than in the Country towns of Australia 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, guns, besides those for hunting and target shooting, are for protection against weak people who can't fight, or want what you have. The same as here with 5 against 1, and carrying machetes and sticks.

Unfortunately I know in Australia some elderly are carrying knives especially in the country towns so it's SUBSTITUTED for carrying something else for which they are not trained for 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your probably right ,it's probably much worse in Australia with our lax leftist laws 

I would prefer to walk in the Country towns of Texas at night than in the Country towns of Australia 

Learn muay thai then buy a gun. You will be unstoppable.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

You were in the outback of Australia?

Too many kangaroo 🦘

My favorite holiday for many years.

Kangaroos can control their gestation cycle, putting embryos into dormancy in times of drought. Their populations explode when there is heavy rain to bring up fresh feed.

I learned a lot of things in outback Australia most city slickers never get to know.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My favorite holiday for many years.

Kangaroos can control their gestation cycle, putting embryos into dormancy in times of drought. Their populations explode when there is heavy rain to bring up fresh feed.

I learned a lot of things in outback Australia most city slickers never get to know.

Yes as a City Slicker I have never been to the Outback of Australia

And with their high crime never will ( Alice Springs) 

But may I ask , if you nowadays as a experienced bushman carry a gun for safety in those areas ?

Alice Springs, etc 

Would you consider it ?

Edited by georgegeorgia

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Utter BS. With the exception of places such as Wilcannia, Alice Springs and Bourke, most Australian country towns are as safe as houses.

There's that leftist label again, we have had Labor governments since Federation. They are the ones usually introducing reforms.

Somewhat ironic the ban on semi-automatic weapons was brought in by a Liberal Prime Minister.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm guessing you don't know that Thailand has about as much gun crime per capita as the US, and almost all of it is involving Thais, illegal guns, drugs, gangs and the like, just as other countries like America, just on a slightly smaller scale. Even mass shooting happen here.

I just spent 2 weeks in Detroit.

Saw more gun related crime on the news in those two weeks than I have ever seen on Thai news in the past 10 years.

All the staff at the business I was at for those two weeks open carry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Would they all be Trump supporters?

Look it ain't easy ..under Albanese!

I use to own rifles for sport when I lived in Massachusetts before retiring here! 
I miss them ! I would own one here for protection if I could legally!

A old 2017 article 

has , “Among gun owners who do not belong to the NRA, by contrast, 58% are Republicans and 39% are Democrats”.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2017/07/05/among-gun-owners-nra-members-have-a-unique-set-of-views-and-experiences/

Many gun purchases now are for protection against the criminal element that dont care to follow laws & rules .

2023: For Most U.S. Gun Owners, Protection Is the Main Reason They Own a Gun.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2023/08/16/for-most-u-s-gun-owners-protection-is-the-main-reason-they-own-a-gun/

19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, not for fun. It's hunting, experiencing the outdoors and sometimes bringing home game to eat.

You are playing semantics. It IS for fun and personal pleasure; "The Thrill of the Hunt" etc. You said yourself you hunt and kill (and maybe often only injure some poor creature that then dies a lingering death). Only sometimes take home the spoils.

I experience the outdoors that don't require killing anything.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

You are playing semantics. It IS for fun and personal pleasure; "The Thrill of the Hunt" etc. You said yourself you hunt and kill (and maybe often only injure some poor creature that then dies a lingering death). Only sometimes take home the spoils.

What's the answer to the 🦘

15 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I just spent 2 weeks in Detroit.

Saw more gun related crime on the news in those two weeks than I have ever seen on Thai news in the past 10 years.

All the staff at the business I was at for those two weeks open carry.

News here doesn't tell but a tiny percentage of what goes on. In America, there are thousands of TV stations that cover everything. Gun crime is big news everywhere, but here most of the news is about people robbing gold stores, snakes in houses in Bangkok, monks gone bad, and daily road accidents, along with news that wouldn't be news anywhere in the US, meaning not noteworthy.

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes as a City Slicker I have never been to the Outback of Australia

And with their high crime never will ( Alice Springs) 

But may I ask , if you nowadays as a experienced bushman carry a gun for safety in those areas ?

Alice Springs, etc 

Would you consider it ?

No. Not necessary in places like Condobolin or Cobar. Or Broken Hill.

The trouble spots usually have high Aboriginal components, and alcohol/drug related violence. Their populations tend to congregate around permanent water sources.

To me, even those places are far less risky than some of the places I have been through, such as Soweto, the Thames embankment, Philadelphia projects, and Detroit.

IMO one is far more likely to get into trouble carrying a gun, than being without one.

I am not an experienced bushman, just someone who enjoys the outback life. Simpler, no time pressure.

There is too much light around cities for the heavens to be appreciated. Get into outback Australia on a clear night, it shows how insignificant we are.

8 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

It's what I consider loving the outdoors. You can't know what I feel nor understand it because you aren't for hunting. I don't often injure anything, preferring to ensure I make a killing shot that doesn't let the animal suffer. Sometimes taking home meat means most of the time I just like to sit and enjoy seeing the animals, along with other animals, in their natural habitat. The same way I assume you enjoy the outdoors without sometimes killing.

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Last time I was in the Philippines last year I went to browse in a gun shop.

Being from Australia only the criminals have guns here including the police criminals.

There is some places in Australia where it is not safe at night but we can't carry weapons 

The gun shop owner in the Philippines advised me I could get a gun licence etc etc after doing his gun training and to cut a very long story so long I could write a book or make a YouTube channel but I was fascinated

I was thinking if I was a American I would carry a gun and move to places that allowed a gun.

This is more for our American members but did you believe in carrying a gun and did you ?

Thailand seems to have strict gun laws for foreigners

Philippines it's possible

Vietnam I think the same 

Cambodia allowed for foreigners 

I will need to retire when I can carry 

Do you really think weapons make the world safer. Look around.....😵‍💫

19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

News here doesn't tell but a tiny percentage of what goes on. In America, there are thousands of TV stations that cover everything. Gun crime is big news everywhere, but here most of the news is about people robbing gold stores, snakes in houses in Bangkok, monks gone bad, and daily road accidents, along with news that wouldn't be news anywhere in the US, meaning not noteworthy.

yeah and ?

Far more gun crime on US news than Thai.

I do not recall the last time Thai news reported an 11yr girl shot dead whilst sleeping.

https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/news/11-year-old-girl-shot-in-head-in-drive-by-shooting-on-detroits-east-side-pennsylvania-street/