‘Britain feels like Nazi Germany’: The Jewish people wanting to flee the UK as antisemitism

Social Media

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

That depends what part of London you go to. Hackney has the the largest concentration of Hasidic Jews in Europe. Spot them a mile off.

And so what?   Are they harming anybody by dressing like that?   What's your dress-code like?

35 minutes ago, Greenhill said:

And so what?   Are they harming anybody by dressing like that?   What's your dress-code like?

Please go back and read why I responded with that post. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

To be clear, can I declare my belief that the Israeli government has a long standing history of acting like an unspecified reprehensible historic government without fear of being called out for it?

Oh you think that's being subtle, do you? You'll need to get a bit more vague to get to the point of it being a dog whistle which appears to be your objective. A noble one to be sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I'm lost for words that you feel it is appropriate to link to and believe in such odious hate filled anti-Semitism. Guys this is the real thing, and it's damn ugly indeed.

Which parts of the article do you disagree with?

Edited by BangkokHank

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Here is a picture of people engaged in activism:

So if the far right abused/insulted/attacked this mob you would state that it is their own fault for poking the bear and they are reaping what they sowed?  Or do you have different standards for non Jews?  

Yes. If they get hurt they knew when they went there that eventuality was possible. That's my point. In both cases the people are protesting peacefully. That's irrelevant to my point. Safe would be watching TV back home or fighting with keyboard warriors on the internet.  You seem to be trying to drag this into some kind of blame thing. If people want to protest, they know it's risky and no amount of pearl clutching changes that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

With "friends" like you, who needs enemies?

Eight out of ten British Jews identify as Zionist, says new poll - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

Eight out of ten British Jews identify as Zionist, says new poll

The CAA said the November survey countered far-left claims that Zionism is separate from Jewish identity

Forgive me for questioning the veracity of the survey, it wasn't done by an independent survey company but directly by the Campaign Against anti-Semitism about whom there are doubts to their independence from advancing Israeli foreign policy. From the link you provided

In common with the NJCS, the samples were self-selecting, and respondents were required to self-identify as Jewish and confirm that they lived in the United Kingdom. Like the NJCS, they were contacted primarily through ‘seed’ organisations, including religious bodies, Jewish online networks (including targeted advertising on social networks), and community welfare organisations, among others.

It was not possible to use a random probability sampling approach for this study because a suitable sampling frame for the Jewish population is not available in the UK.

So rather like those Twitter polls representative of those that bothered to put themselves forward. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/04/uk-charities-watchdog-assesses-concerns-about-campaign-against-antisemitism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_Against_Antisemitism

In January 2015, the All-Party Parliamentary Group against Antisemitism wrote: "We were somewhat disappointed to note that not all of the messages from that group [CAA] have been in line with CST's stated approach of seeking to avoid undue panic and alarm." They added "it is important that the leadership do not conflate concerns about activity legitimately protesting Israel's actions with antisemitism, as we have seen has been the case on some occasions."[46] That same month, the Institute for Jewish Policy Research said that a CAA survey about antisemitism was "littered with flaws", and "may even be rather irresponsible".[47] After criticism by CAA of Shami Chakrabarti over her 2016 report into antisemitism in the UK Labour Party, a number of British Jews wrote to The Guardian dissociating themselves from what they described as "the pro-Israel lobbyists of the Campaign Against Antisemitism".[48][citation needed]

Edited by beautifulthailand99

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's a scumbag Nazi site. It's disgusting that it was posted here and stands. 

Agreed, and he has posted from that before as well. I do unlike many others bother to read the links. And I should add other sites I frequent that would be an instant perma ban. Period.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

On the contary we know exactly how zionists think regardless of theirs or our own nationality.

More imaginary claims. Anyone can become a Zionist. To them it can simply be they are glad that the State of Israel exists, and wants it to survive and thrive. I believe that and if that makes someone want to label me a Zionist then I'm more than happy. I also want a solution where Palestine also has its own statehood.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Funny how that's been a criticism of Muslims for decades because they don't "assimilate".

Or even integrate

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kevbo said:

Or even integrate

"Integration" and "Assimilation" are racist tropes.  Why should any immigrant abandon their culture to satisfy the majority inhabitants who have no worthwhile culture anyway? Vive la difference. The world is richer for cultural diversity, not poorer.

I notice it's always muslims being told to assimilate, never Jews or any other religion.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yes. If they get hurt they knew when they went there that eventuality was possible. That's my point. In both cases the people are protesting peacefully. That's irrelevant to my point. Safe would be watching TV back home or fighting with keyboard warriors on the internet.  You seem to be trying to drag this into some kind of blame thing. If people want to protest, they know it's risky and no amount of pearl clutching changes that.

Why is protesting risky? Why do you classify these people as activists? They want the return of their loved ones. What makes this father an activist for wanting his daughter released from the clutches of the terrorists in Gaza and making that known in public. If anyone wants to question him should it not be to offer empathy and thoughts for his distress, not what his beliefs are.

Father of 9 year old kidnapped Israeli girl Emily Hand speaks today at an event outside Downing Street, London.Thomas Hand her father said: 

“My daughter Emily was kidnapped…she’s now in the hands of Hamas- down deep in the tunnels of Hamas.”

image.png.912555339a75bafef78e88ffcc780ca1.png

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-london-father-of-9-year-old-hamas-hostage-emily-pleads-help-me-bring-her-home/

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why is protesting risky? Why do you classify these people as activists? They want the return of their loved ones. What makes this father an activist for wanting his daughter released from the clutches of the terrorists in Gaza and making that known in public. If anyone wants to question him should it not be to offer empathy and thoughts for his distress, not what his beliefs are.

Father of 9 year old kidnapped Israeli girl Emily Hand speaks today at an event outside Downing Street, London.Thomas Hand her father said: 

“My daughter Emily was kidnapped…she’s now in the hands of Hamas- down deep in the tunnels of Hamas.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-london-father-of-9-year-old-hamas-hostage-emily-pleads-help-me-bring-her-home/

off topic. This is about people in the UK. My post is about activism in the UK and the inherent dangers that poses, regardless of any moral high or low ground.

Edited by ozimoron

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

off topic. This is about people in the UK. My post is about activism in the UK and the inherent dangers that poses, regardless of any moral high or low ground.

Its not off topic just because you want it to be, this is in London, which happens to be in the UK. Its totally relevant but you can't justify any cause to question what his beliefs are in Israel's war in Gaza becaase there are none. He has every right to do what he is doing without being questioned.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not off topic just because you want it to be. Its totally relevant but you can't justify any cause to question what his beliefs are in Israel's war in Gaza becaase there are none. He has every right to do what he is doing without being questioned.

There are other threads. Seems like nothing is off topic when it's another reminder of October 7th but everything is off topic when it's about subsequent war crimes.

He does have a right to do protest. I made that point didn't I? Clearly, right?

Without being questioned about his support for Natanyahu? No. Free speech dictates that.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

There are other threads. Seems like nothing is off topic when it's another reminder of October 7th but everything is off topic when it's about subsequent war crimes.

Its on the streets of London, London is in the UK. Its on topic, your deflection is lame.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its on the streets of London, London is in the UK. Its on topic, your deflection is lame.

I said he has every right to protest. Anti Israeli government protesters have a similar right. If they clash, nobody should be surprised.

I'm justifying nothing. There was a reason I didn't protest the Vietnam war in my own country. I didn't want to get hurt.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I said he has every right to protest. Anti Israeli government protesters have a similar right. If they clash, nobody should be surprised.

I'm justifying nothing. There was a reason I didn't protest the Vietnam war in my own country. I didn't want to get hurt.

No you didn't, you literally just said it was off topic because its not in the UK. He was also not protesting war. He was wanting his daughter back.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No you didn't, you literally just said it was off topic because its not in the UK. He was also not protesting war. He was wanting his daughter back.

Did I not say he has every right to protest? Really? Why didn't he protest the real reason he doesn't have his daughter back so so many other parents of hostages are doing, in Israel where the problem originated?

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Did I not say he has every right to protest? Really? Why didn't he protest the real reason he doesn't have his daughter back so so many other parents of hostages are doing, in Israel where the problem originated?

Why didn't he protest the real reason he doesn't have his daughter back 

Sick and vile reply. His daughter was taken hostage by terrorists who had no justification in taking a 9 year old innocent girl.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Got to say I don't much like religious bigots of any flavour.

Go around professing to be gods chosen, and the rest of us are scum, and reap what you sow.

Since I grew up I've never been a fan of any organised religion. Smacks too much of being treated like kids- do this, don't do that- for my liking.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why didn't he protest the real reason he doesn't have his daughter back 

Sick and vile reply. His daughter was taken hostage by terrorists who had no justification in taking a 9 year old innocent girl.

I never implied they had any justification. You are deliberately distorting what I said in order to be inflammatory.

I addressed the reasons why Hamas has not given his daughter back

ALL of Hamas demands in the current hostage negotiations are eminently reasonable. Israel needs to stop the war crimes and hand Palestinians a 2 state solution. At a minimum.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Using your logic..... It is not your country it belongs to the indigenous Aboriginals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

Using your logic..... It is not your country it belongs to the indigenous Aboriginals. 

yawn. Cracked record much? Throw it in the bin and stay on topic.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Since I grew up I've never been a fan of any organised religion. Smacks too much of being treated like kids- do this, don't do that- for my liking.

Thanks for sharing that bombshell. 😕

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I never implied they had any justification. You are deliberately distorting what I said in order to be inflammatory.

I addressed the reasons why Hamas has not given his daughter back

ALL of Hamas demands in the current hostage negotiations are eminently reasonable. Israel needs to stop the war crimes and hand Palestinians a 2 state solution. At a minimum.

No I quoted what you said already, it cannot be taken back now.

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ryandb said:

Absolute bs, I'm a Galloway fan and Jewish, he isn't antisemitic, he is anti Israel. The Unelected PMs hilarious statement about how this was a dark day for democracy (or whatever the line was) was gaslighting in the extreme. 

Islamphobia is hugely more prevalent in every western nation than antisemitism, sure there's both, but also the fact that any anti Israel statement is wrongly labelled  antisemitic would allow you to distort this sharp rise they talk of.

There's another topic on Galloway, this is not it

• Like 1