UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

1 hour ago, transam said:

I don't speak Thai/Lao, when I do they don't understand me, so given up.

My comment is probably only for those who read a lot here will understand ....😉

Sure. That's totally different then. Completely acceptable for a doctor or anyone really to switch to English or another language both parties have in common if they can't understand what you're saying in their language. That happens in every country. Different story if you're fluent and know it and yet get spoken to in English by say a doctor, when you are always spoken to in Thai by the rest of society. I see it as a form of arrogance on the part of the higher educated types, seeing this doesn't happen when interacting with most other people. 

I’m describing a scenario, which happens very rarely even to me, but has happened. 

Even though I'm not very regular on here, I know what you are referring to, hence why I responded. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You should read what you wrote and what it means to a reader.  You actually posted this: "...and now she has to also leave Thailand, or her husband"  (in full, for your clarification), which, very clearly, suggests an alternative to her being compelled to leave, not an accompaniment to him.  You may not meant to have posted that, but you did.

Yes alright, you win, arguer of the year prize! Go nitpick other posts, hundreds to go at to keep you amused. Split a few hairs at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Especially when it is not really 'racist' but a matter of the odds, which leads to making assumptions based on those odds.  English is still at this time considered an international language - one that is often taught to people as a second language because it is used as a common denominator in international communication (eg. Airline communications).  The odds that any person seen as a foreigner speaks Thai at a minimum conversational level.... is still rather long odds...

Im deeply offended by your  languagist comments  here you  language bigot mysognist racist homphobe transphobe mis pronouning you grrrrr grrr  grrrr im gonna  damn well squeam an squeam on tiktok about  you to anyone else  dumb enough to gawk at me............please give me a like

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, HampiK said:

The big difference is, the Thai would say sorry. The swiss man told he never will sorry to this woman!

This is (I guess) what the woman mad angry. and especially her father, which was better connected than this swiss.

What would happen if this woman not had that father. The swiss man would have won. As you see in the begining the police was even helping the swiss with their statement. I read somewhere the police showed up in only 15 minutes which is very fast. So why so fast. 
But now because father of this girl (Doctor) had more influence than the swiss guy.. his connections disapeared. I read they even want find out which police are connected to the swiss guy and they demselfe probably will be punished as well.

I think the IDC which he stays now (Visa-extension revoked) and wait for his trial is too much. But as someone before wrote this was no pushed up by media (Media do that things for becoming more readers).

I am a Swiss too and not feel happy about my countrymen (3 person in the last few week) who killed a Thai, Kicked a Thai and just hit a Thai in a shopping mall. Seems the swiss want win in top of bad news at the moment 😞 

You have to look at all the proportions, out of 10,000 Swiss in Thailand in a short period of time, three have gone outside the law, first no problem for years, now for an inexplicable reason these events have happened quickly.

In every society in every country there are these scammers and criminals, that's why prisons exist.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1