UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks for the link. And it raises something interesting. It says he is 45 and he has a retirement visa. And yet, from the official Thai government website in Norway: Applicants applying for a Non-Immigrant O visa for retirement purposes must be at least 50 years of age.

Now isn't that interesting. Bad reporting or something else.......

According to this link

After receiving a letter from the Governor of Phuket Province and the Provincial Police Phuket Province Report the behavior of this accused. It was found that there had been more than 3-4 wrongdoings and behaviors that affected the happiness and peace of the people in the country. Dangerous to society When considered So the visa was revoked. This is a type of visa to spend the rest of your life in Thailand (retirement).

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=saved&v=419778263900124

Have seen similar cases in the UK where a single reported  incident leads to mountain of  incident's

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Link to the evidence of his visa status please?

From @vinny41 to me...

https://www.thephuketnews.com/kicking-swiss-man-in-phuket-loses-visa-91515.php

Of course, maybe the report is wrong. Many are here. Or maybe his former friends were able to assist him. Or he used an agent.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

3 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

As i remember the victim has took the money from this man i.e. the conflict has resolved. Why this thing still going on? 

Settling with the victim is a civil resolution but not necessarily a criminal resolution, ie., with the RTP. If a crime has been committed, the RTP must pursue an investigation to determine whether criminal prosecution is required.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

As i remember the victim has took the money from this man i.e. the conflict has resolved. Why this thing still going on? 

Which victim are your referring I don't think its the Thai doctor

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Again, I'm more interested in how he got a retirement visa/extension at age 45, according to that Bangkok Post story. If the report is accurate, that is something to follow up on in relation to others in Phuket, especially Russians.

I read in a previous article that his visa is related to being an official in connection with his elephant sanctuary (like an NGO?), thus not a retirement visa. If his Sanctuary proves to be a fake, he should lose his visa.

• Agree 2

On 3/6/2024 at 3:12 PM, bkkcanuck8 said:

She was wrong for sitting on public property? (the steps were on public property).

An earlier article said that the steps that she was sitting on was claimed by the Swiss man to be part of his private villa property and so not public property. For that he kicked her.

The doctor previously asked a nearby guard if it was okay to sit on the steps and the guard said 'yes.' She trusted he was correct.

But further reporting said the Swiss man was not the property owner but a renter. According to a police investigation, the steps were encroaching on public property and removed.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

An earlier article said that the steps that she was sitting on was claimed by the Swiss man to be part of his private villa property and so not public property. For that he kicked her.

The doctor previously asked a nearby guard if it was okay to sit on the steps and the guard said 'yes.' She trusted he was correct.

But further reporting said the Swiss man was not the property owner but a renter. According to a police investigation, the steps were encroaching on public property and removed.

And that right there is why they say in the legal profession... self-help is fraught with peril... 

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He had also blocked an ambulance last year but nothing came of the case, possibly because of his 'friends'. This time he kicked the wrong person who wouldn't be hushed up. He's a serial idiot, arrogant and a bully. Having money sometimes does that to people.

He cut in front of the ambulance and gave the driver the finger. He did not block it and the ambulance was not on an urgent mission with no sirens.

We have only heard the ambulance driver's side of the story. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He cut in front of the ambulance and gave the driver the finger. He did not block it and the ambulance was not on an urgent mission with no sirens.

We have only heard the ambulance driver's side of the story. 

Maybe your not aware

Swiss guy apologizes to Ambulance driver with flowers

58 minutes ago, zakalwe said:

Some more detail from:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=saved&v=419778263900124

What is interesting is the multiple incidents of misconduct, totaling 3-4 times.

Police Colonel Itthipol Itthisaranachai, Superintendent of Immigration Division 6, disclosed the progress regarding the revocation of the visa of Mr. David, a 45-year-old Swiss national and suspect in the assault case against a female doctor in Phuket province. Recently, they received a report from the immigration chief regarding the withdrawal of the visa of the aforementioned Swiss individual after receiving letters from the provincial governor of Phuket and the provincial police. The report highlighted the individual's behavior, indicating multiple incidents of misconduct, totaling 3-4 times, which adversely affected the peace and happiness of the people in the country, posing a threat to society. Consequently, his retirement visa, allowing permanent residency in Thailand, has been revoked.

Furthermore, following these steps, the police officers from the immigration division will notify Mr. David today about the revocation of his visa. Mr. David has the right to appeal within 48 hours. Additionally, he has the right to stay in the country because there are still pending assault cases against the female doctor. Mr. David also has the right to post bail to fight the case and remain in Thailand until the case is concluded. Afterward, there will be arrangements for his deportation.

A nonsense article adding fuel to the fire. 

Retirement visa under 50 is not possible.

Retirement visa does not allow permanent residency.

Multiple incidents of misconduct which are completely unsubstantiated.

Etc.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Perfectly aware of that, but we have not heard the Swiss guy's side of the story.

Since that case has been settled your unlikely to hear the Swiss guy's side of the story

Just now, vinny41 said:

Since that case has been settled your unlikely to hear the Swiss guy's side of the story

Which does not give any balance or fairness to the reporting of the case. 

Several articles stating he will be charged for the incident as well, which is concerning. I was not aware that giving the finger and telling another vehicle to eff off was a chargeable offence. 

They are completely losing it over this Swiss idiot and are showing their true character which is not one of maturity and good judgement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You forgot corrupt. Perfectly plausible here in Thailand.

Very unlikely to be the scenario in this case given he has money and other options for visas but point taken.

BKK Post reporting business visa, so I think you nailed it as poor reporting in your post.

• Agree 1

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

Which does not give any balance or fairness to the reporting of the case. 

Several articles stating he will be charged for the incident as well, which is concerning. I was not aware that giving the finger and telling another vehicle to eff off was a chargeable offence. 

They are completely losing it over this Swiss idiot and are showing their true character which is not one of maturity and good judgement.

Careless or Reckless driving is a chargeable offence if someone cuts in front of you for example

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Whislt you come across as a bit pompous / officious for posting something like that it's actually true. And the Swiss guy has shown he is not afraid to abuse the defamation law and computer crimes act as he pressed charges on the ambulance drive under both of them after he posted the video of him.

Correct and I am surprised so many people leaving confused reactions on that post as we all know about the criminal defamation laws in Thailand.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Maybe your not aware

Swiss guy apologizes to Ambulance driver with flowers

Perfectly aware of that, but we have not heard the Swiss guy's side of the story.

So you think the Swiss guy met the ambulance driver and gave him a gift to apologise for something he didn't do? Are you suggesting that the Swiss guy was innocent and it was all a misunderstanding? What planet do you live on?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

I think he's in the sht and will do whatever he was told to do, which is in this case to apologise.

So you think the ambulance driver made it up and because he's in the spotlight the Swiss went along with it, apologised and gave him a gift for lying? Okay.

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Plus I don't think David has a lot of credibility. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1