UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

11 hours ago, impulse said:

Be careful what you wish for, lest it be used against you the next time.

Who gets to decide what the threshold is for deportation?

I'm not supporting the guy or defending his despicable behavior at all.  Just saying that what gets used against him may be used against any of us who upset the apple cart.

I dont go around kickin Asian people, unless they kick me first!

The kick came first and his past behavior of arrogance solidified why many want him out. 
But I agree Mr Congeniality  has given falangs in Thailand a cause for concern!

I love Thailand ,do you hear me kon Thai.

imop

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

All the elephants are being taken care of at his sanctuary, regardless of ownership.

He has licences for all 15 elephants. 

Where did the 15 come from? I don't know for sure how many he has but the website for his sanctuary says he has 4 adults and 2 babies.

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park

13 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The difference being this is a very wealthy Swiss man who can afford to pay THB 1 million per month rent for a villa,

I haven't seen that but I would seriously question either that figure the Swiss guy's intelligence if he's paying that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

Where did the 15 come from? I don't know for sure how many he has but the website for his sanctuary says he has 4 adults and 2 babies.

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park

My tgf says he only owns one but rents the others to make it look like he is a kind person caring for so many in his Sanctuary. That's why he can afford a 1 million baht a month villa and a multi million Audi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

I'm curious how they'll resolve this matter, between the police wanting him out immediately and immigration wanting to grant her a temporary visa until the trial. However this case has become a political case, a foreigner who badly chases a Thai woman on a beach that all Thais claim as theirs, it is not for nothing that the PM also intervened.

Trials in absentia can only proceed against politicians.

This is way over the top.

But ... if his visa gets revoked because of that, there may be a new avenue of investigation, namely that of abuse of power and influence peddling.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My tgf says he only owns one but rents the others to make it look like he is a kind person caring for so many in his Sanctuary. That's why he can afford a 1 million baht a month villa and a multi million Audi.

Nothing to do with the fact he is a successful businessman then.

Looks like he has done better for himself in Thailand than 99% of the locals, and there's a bit of jealousy creeping in. 

• Confused 4
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

When was it confirmed that he was leaving?

It has now been decided that his visa will no longer be renewed so he will have to leave in a few days.

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, BE88 said:

It has now been decided that his visa will no longer be renewed so he will have to leave in a few days.

Based on the reference you provided for that statement, none, your statement is not very credible.

Not to mention the fact that he probably won't be allowed to leave if he has a court date coming up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BE88 said:

rubbish  @BE88..fake news.....   there will be investigations, court case (at least one) before anything is decided.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

This man, being smug and full of himself, forgot where he is and that he's a guest in this country that

doesn't tolerate such, 'I'm better than you' type of behaviour towards the locals,

Maybe that will teach him a lesson where ever he will thing to go and retire next...

A country that doesnt tolerate I'm better than you behavior?  Are you serious?  Have you ever seen how the priviledged treat their help here?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Further reminder that as foreigners we can never really call Thailand home. Even being married to a Thai you are subject to have your visa revoked at any point for a minor incident - and this was a minor incident before the doctor blew it up. The guy was rude and entitled - sure - but he is not "a danger to the public". The doctor suffered no wounds beyond her pride. Meanwhile Thai thugs beat each other near the brink of death and police absolves them with 500 baht and a wai. Reminds me of an elderly couple I met at immigration one day - the man is Thai and the wife is Malaysian - married for 30 years, but still have to waste 4 days a year go to immigration to file 90 day reports. 💩

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I heard his villa stairs on public land have been removed today by Phuket Peninsula Estate Co., owner of beachfront villa No. 23, and basically erased encroaching structures, including the contentious stairway.

26 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Further reminder that as foreigners we can never really call Thailand home. Even being married to a Thai you are subject to have your visa revoked at any point for a minor incident - and this was a minor incident before the doctor blew it up. The guy was rude and entitled - sure - but he is not "a danger to the public". The doctor suffered no wounds beyond her pride. Meanwhile Thai thugs beat each other near the brink of death and police absolves them with 500 baht and a wai. Reminds me of an elderly couple I met at immigration one day - the man is Thai and the wife is Malaysian - married for 30 years, but still have to waste 4 days a year go to immigration to file 90 day reports. 💩

The swiss guy and his wife could have resolve this issue but no their language and attitude to the doctor was you have to  apologise to us and foreigners never  apologise to Thai's

According to the doctor, she offered three options to the foreigner and his wife: apologise mutually and end the matter, separate without an apology, or proceed with legal proceedings.

The foreigner rejected the agreement and ordered the doctor to apologise to him. He insisted that he would never apologise for the assault and would file a complaint to the police to ensure the doctor went to jail.

The language and attitude from the swiss guy and his wife to the doctor was we are well connected and we are foreigners so in the pecking order of life we are at the top and you are at the bottom worthless and unimportant 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Oh, you can call it home, but many are delusional when it comes to Non-Imm Visas where they think for some reason it is a different visa that is more than just a long (annual) tourist visa equivalent.   Non-Immigrant visas are all temporary, but vary in length the visa is for... that is it.  It is not permanent residency, it is not citizenship...  nothing really special about it.  This is one of many reasons you should be on your best behaviour as you are only a guest... and guests that act up... can be shown the door (exit).  This was not a minor incident... period... It might be a minor criminal incident... but not a minor incident... Kicking someone, or punching someone -- can be charged as a criminal offence ... (and use of feet is much worse than hand when it comes to assaulting someone in Thailand because of the culture of the feet being the dirtiest part of your body).   As foreigners here we can get away with some stuff that would not be acceptable if we were Thai as the locals make allowances for us... however there are some lines that you cross at your own peril.  (Doctor = someone who has a higher class status in Thailand than average; criminal offence directed at someone with a higher class status; and use of feet being the dirties part of the body culturally (the reason why you are not suppose to point your feet at someone)).

• Like 1

Deputy Governor writes letter to Phuket Immigration to revoke visa. Foreigner kicks doctor and inspects elephant camp.

The Deputy Governor wrote a letter to Phuket Immigration to revoke the visa of a foreigner who kicked a doctor, pointing out that he is a person who is a danger to society. Let the livestock inspect the elephant camp as well.

https://www.khaosod.co.th/breaking-news/news_8125337

1 hour ago, traveller101 said:

Seems to me it is perfectly acceptable for some members of this board having the guy charged and found guilty by majority public opinion. With suggestions of being put in jail and/or deported.

I think one element is missing, the actual trial by a judge based on available evidence followed by the verdict of guilt/innocence/and the exact severity of the crime specified.

What is being played out here, reminds me of the dark ages - and more specifically the Spanish Inquisition.

If I were in the same situation and given the option of going the option of ... if found guilty going to prison for lets say 6 months (up to 2 years I believe) then being deported... or... being deported and avoiding a trial...  I think I would take the deportation.  The video seems to indicate he kicked them, he says he slipped as an excuse (pretty sure that would be taken as an admission)... I am pretty sure what a court would find.  The fact the location where he allegedly assaulted them was actually not his property -- also bad news for him (stairs where they were sitting were demolished because it was built on public land -- not private).  As they say, self-help is fraught with peril.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

2 hours ago, traveller101 said:

Seems to me it is perfectly acceptable for some members of this board having the guy charged and found guilty by majority public opinion. With suggestions of being put in jail and/or deported.

I think one element is missing, the actual trial by a judge based on available evidence followed by the verdict of guilt/innocence/and the exact severity of the crime specified.

What is being played out here, reminds me of the dark ages - and more specifically the Spanish Inquisition.

Did the Spanish inquisition let you off if you agreed to mutually apologise and walk away or mutually not apologise and walk away?

What a ridiculous escalation, even for AN that is special, well done. It is like the Spanish inquisition!  Ha ha ha ha.

Congratulation to Thai Immigartion Police to revoke the visa from "large" 😜 European citizen Swiss nationality.

As a European citizen Greek from Athens I feel ashamed of his unacceptable stance to Thai citizen from scientific community.

Penalty ban to reentry the Kingdom of Thailand for 5 years in order everybody mainly from "large"😜 western regions to figure out that Thai citizens arent "bus class" subordinate citizens to implement authoritarian behaviour from "large" western region civilians.😜

I only wanted to know if you kick off on back οf her shoulders a Swiss woman in your "paradise" Federal of Swiss which is top country of feminist movement what would be your punishment......

Congratulation "gentleman" !

CLAP.jpg

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, vinny41 said:

The language and attitude from the swiss guy and his wife to the doctor was we are well connected and we are foreigners so in the pecking order of life we are at the top and you are at the bottom worthless and unimportant 

Oh there is no doubt the guy is a pompous ass and the matter could've been resolved amicably, but between being a **** and being a danger to the public there's a big difference. He might deserve a fine and/or to compensate her financially, but asking to have his visa revoked before his case was even heard by a judge, just because it went public, is excessive.

4 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Oh, you can call it home, but many are delusional when it comes to Non-Imm Visas where they think for some reason it is a different visa that is more than just a long (annual) tourist visa equivalent.

That's the point - in other countries if you are married to a local you get initially a temporary visa, and a few years later permanent residency. Thailand is quite unique in that even if you are married and lived here for 30 years, you are still no better off than a tourist.

• Agree 1

I'm curious about the guy's background. He obviously has a lot of money. How did he make it? Was it through legitimate means? His behaviour makes me wonder about that.

When someone makes a lot of legitimately money in business, generally if you Google their name you will get some background on the businesses they have owned / run / been involved in. Not in every case, of course - but in most. But Google this guy and what do you find? An elephant sanctuary. I can't imagine that's a road to riches. Far from it, in fact.

The question of how he made his money is relevant because this man's behaviour is not what you'd expect of someone who is leading the lifestyle of a wildly successful guy. Those who have done well for themselves, who live in uber expensive, beach-front houses on a tropical island and who drive brand-new German vehicles generally don't behave like this man.

So how did he make his money? I'd love to know more about his background. It seems to me there are some big questions to be answered.

• Like 1