UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

53 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

The Canadian guy who admitted to the Police that he had kicked me in the back of my head got 20k fine. I don't understand why some incidences are rated so different in Thailand.

I would fathom to guess it is a combination of: status, visuals, and loss of face by the dummy being so arrogant that he did not take the opportunity to apologize and move on when he had the chance.  Also there were no Thais involved in your incident... (the 20K fine would be a bonus for the police fund).

Edited by bkkcanuck8

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Well, it looks like that is it and a decision has been made.

His previous behaviour has caught up with him, the lesson to be learned here, if your life is good and you are making money, don't make waves.

..........or think you are protected because you know people..........:huh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:24 AM, Purdey said:

The article doesn't mention how long he will be banned. Could he come back at some point? 

Being deported does not necessarily mean that he is banned from re-entering or applying for a new visa.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:
On 3/6/2024 at 11:16 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

You should read what you wrote and what it means to a reader.  You actually posted this: "...and now she has to also leave Thailand, or her husband"  (in full, for your clarification), which, very clearly, suggests an alternative to her being compelled to leave, not an accompaniment to him.  You may not meant to have posted that, but you did.

Yes alright, you win, arguer of the year prize! Go nitpick other posts

Making accurate observations and being able to read doesn't make me a "nit picker".   Accusing me of being one in response to your being correctly called out for your false statements is daft.

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Being deported does not necessarily mean that he is banned from re-entering or applying for a new visa.

No, but first he has to have the record magically disappear since while he is a danger to society -- no immigration officer is going to let you in since you can not say how or when he is no longer a danger to society (that will cost a significant amount of money if he can find the right people).  The incident has to be out of people's mind as well (might have to have authorities going around requesting the incident to be forgotten - i.e. deleted news stories from the web)... at least that is how I see it.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:18 PM, transam said:

Because Doctors are looked up to here, as someone spending a lot of time and effort to become one, to help those Thai folk in need of help.............🤗

I think Dave's episode has proved it.

You are not in farangland now............😉

Thank god I am not but doctors are human being not gods as many people think of them. They work for a money making industry like most people.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 8:02 AM, Smokin Joe said:

His Elephant Sanctuary is strictly a for-profit tourist attraction. It is not a charity or non-profit business.

How is the business registered? 

On 3/6/2024 at 2:35 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

The guy is a scammer, he's got his elephant sanctuary siphoning money from the visitors, using this money to pay mortgage and lease his Audi.

Making allegations like that is criminal defamation in Thailand and a violation of the Computer Crimes Act.

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think the reason for his Visa being revoked is also do to with his nefarious business dealings. 

I don't think the attack alone, is sufficient for him to have his permission of stay removed. But, there has been a lot of digging into his business practices and there has been some 'rather dodgy' dealings going on... I think his visa is being revoked because of his illegal business practices rather than the attack on the Dr who was sat on the steps at the beach-front.

None of that has been proven, and at this time it is only pure speculation.

I think someone is trying to steal that business off him.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He had also blocked an ambulance last year but nothing came of the case, possibly because of his 'friends'. This time he kicked the wrong person who wouldn't be hushed up. He's a serial idiot, arrogant and a bully. Having money sometimes does that to people.

Swiss guy apologizes to Ambulance driver with flowers

https://www.thephuketnews.com/kicking-swiss-man-in-phuket-loses-visa-91515.php

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Link to the evidence of his visa status please?

Can't provide a link because it's in the Bangkok Post update on the story. Next to last paragraph.

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Making allegations like that is criminal defamation in Thailand and a violation of the Computer Crimes Act.

Whislt you come across as a bit pompous / officious for posting something like that it's actually true. And the Swiss guy has shown he is not afraid to abuse the defamation law and computer crimes act as he pressed charges on the ambulance drive under both of them after he posted the video of him.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

No, but first he has to have the record magically disappear since while he is a danger to society -- no immigration officer is going to let you in since you can not say how or when he is no longer a danger to society (that will cost a significant amount of money if he can find the right people).  The incident has to be out of people's mind as well (might have to have authorities going around requesting the incident to be forgotten - i.e. deleted news stories from the web)... at least that is how I see it.

I know foreign criminals that have been blacklisted from Thailand but have still been back here for short periods of time. 

Likewise, I know Thai felons that have gained entry to Western countries with falsified clean Thai Police records checks to get visas.

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think the reason for his Visa being revoked is also do to with his nefarious business dealings. 

As far as I'm aware from the multiple new articles covering this incident. His visa status is under review and will be decided on renewal, which is due soon.

So nothing has been revoked yet, and the thread title is misleading (clickbait?)

Same for the other thread  "Update: Villa owner’s violent act leads to demolition in beach assault scandal" which makes it sound as if the villa got demolished, while it are only some stairs

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

See "'Kicking' Swiss man in Phuket loses visa" in The Bangkok Post.

I stand corrected about my claim that nothing has been revoked yet, but stand by my claim that the thread titles are misleading.

His visa was revoked less than 24 hours ago, and he has 48 hours to appeal, while the thread title is since Tuesday

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I know foreign criminals that have been blacklisted from Thailand but have still been back here for short periods of time. 

Were any of these foreign criminals on the Prime Minister's radar?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

I stand corrected about my claim that nothing has been revoked yet, but stand by my claim that the thread titles are misleading.

His visa was revoked less than 24 hours ago, and he has 48 hours to appeal, while the thread title is since Tuesday

Again, I'm more interested in how he got a retirement visa/extension at age 45, according to that Bangkok Post story. If the report is accurate, that is something to follow up on in relation to others in Phuket, especially Russians.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

Thank god I am not but doctors are human being not gods as many people think of them. They work for a money making industry like most people.

So you have not lived in LOS for long, or at all..........:coffee1:

• Haha 1