Swiss retiree’s brutal attack on Thai woman sparks outcry in Trang

1 hour ago, Mr Dome said:

Absolutely shocking. This should have some serious consequences.

Also, why do I keep seeing this about Western retirees in Thailand? What makes them so aggressive there?

Cherry picked articles come to mind. There are so many nice foreign folks doing some great things here in Thailand. I think those stories would still get some good clicks here. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dolf said:

Find this hard to believe. More to story. She probably made racist comments or something.

Yes, I believe there is more to the story and she was most likely provoked a situation. Not saying this Eurotrash is right.

But, you throw a water bottle at me potentially injuring me.....I'm throwing.......just saying.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Let's wait for the flip side of the coin ......... 

File a complaint, take him to court, deal with it according to the Thai law but - for heaven's sake - get on with life and stop fanning uncontrollable xenophobia and pure racism. 99.99% of those "dirty farang" (as per a Thai minister) and "alien" (not from outer space but just outside the Thai border) are law abiding citizen. 

Teachers rape/lash students under their care here, how many men mistreat women, how many children are exploited to no end - all by Thais and only once you clean up this country full of corrupt manure you will be taken serious. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Cricky said:

This could be why the Swiss are attacking Thai women, they are fed up.

Getting justice. 😮

Very strange that 73yo riding his bicycle around midnight. Weird.

Not a good idea.

Probably doing the right thing by not driving home drunk has cost him his life?

If you look at the picture he had a light on the back of the bike.
Lady maybe on her phone or more than likely at her age half blind and shouldn't be driving at all. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

The son and relatives of the woman have one thing in mind, I guess. 

How would you feel if your mother/aunt/loved one was beaten up by a POS farang coward and had to spend a month in the hospital as a result of that? Would you not want compensation for her?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

How would you feel if your mother/aunt/loved one was beaten up by a POS farang coward and had to spend a month in the hospital as a result of that? Would you not want compensation for her?

Question is primarily for her or for themselves ?

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

Question is primarily for her or for themselves ?

Does it really matter? The guy was an absolute a-hole for beating her up and putting her in the hospital. Let the court decide what he needs to pay in damages. And if the woman does get money out of this, her relatives are very probably going to get some of that as well anyway, that’s just the way things work in Thailand.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

Whataboutism is used when you have nothing.
Are you condoning the attack on this woman?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Abmong said:

What is with all this Whataboutisms? One crime doesn't have to do with the other. Man did vile crime, he should face the consequences and do hard time and deported.

1 hour ago, Shetraveler said:
16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

Whataboutism is used when you have nothing.
Are you condoning the attack on this woman?

'whataboutsim'....   I think you are missing the point of the comments.... 

No one is condoning the attack, everyone is condemning the behaviour of the swiss attacker. 

BUT.... what is being brought into question is the the measure of equality in the charges and penalties...   It seems to be the more 'experienced forum members who've clearly been here a long time and are cynical of dual-penalties....

....and perhaps rightly so... If this were a Thai guy who attacked the woman, what type of charges and penalty would expect to see ??

Do any of us expect the Swiss Man's charges and penalty to be the same ???? 

I hope they throw the book at him.... and my cynicism suggests they will, but if it were a Thai guy the outrage would be less, the media coverage a lot less.... and quite likely the penalty rather paltry.....

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I hope the swiss man faces serious charges for his behaviour - or at least the same degree of (serious?) charges a Thai would face in exactly the same situation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

There's got to be more to this story than we are hearing ......

is the Swiss guy pregnant.

it must be ' get the Swiss '  month. 

Ah, here he comes riding in on his white horse - the great defender of all farangs! Surprised it took you eight pages to get here, did Dobbin have a problem?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RT555 said:

Yes, I believe there is more to the story and she was most likely provoked a situation. Not saying this Eurotrash is right.

But, you throw a water bottle at me potentially injuring me.....I'm throwing.......just saying.

She threw it after she'd been pummeled once. Did you actually read the article?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

The son and relatives of the woman have one thing in mind, I guess. 

Yes, I agree. They will want to get justice for her after she had her face smashed in the floor, her nose broken, and sufferent many other injuries after being brutally attacked by a maniac.

• Sad 1

The new Thai Prime Minister Mr Srettha must activate the criminal record in the Interpol travel documents on all Westerners who have commited crime or serious  offences and want to stay or visit again the beautiful Thai.

Thai citizens are not second "bus class" citizens to accept unacceptable criminal behaviour from westerners
Western citizens who have committed offenses in Thailand sould ban from entering the Kingdom of Thailand for five (5) years while in their international travel documents should be written that they have committed offenses in Thailand.
When they visit Thailand again, the Suvarnabhumi Police should interrogate them in detail, reminding them about of the crime they have committed since years ago.

As European citizen from Greece I feel ashamed from the second in few days Swiss unacceptable behaviour to Thai ladies.

Violence against ladies or to anyone is not acceptable to any country mainly with high feminist movements as it exitst in Switzerland Federation.

Royal Thai Police Authorities ought to investigate very carefully violences against women from "large" north European citizens because we are not talking about of violence against women but to a clear misogynist behaviour.

Only in Austria Vienna capital since 1 January tottaly 7 women have been murdered and uncounted numbers of rapes.

Thai Prime Minister Mr Srettha "message" received?

Moving-picture-Greece-flag-flapping-on-pole-with-name-animated-gif.gif

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

I think there was enough and much more that have been said about this subject, yes, this guy is an a-hole and

by now he got or will get what he deserves, but not like he murdered or rapped someone,

not as if the locals are white doves in their treatments of their fellow Thais, so ok, the message was clear

and everyone learned a lot from it... 

A thai women through things at me when I returned a crook cellphone she sold me, she lost face and screemed at me, I grabbed another one she was comparing it with and ran, she threw the broken one at me hitting me in the head, good shot, I kept running and disappeared. 

These were in the day's of not having to show ID, she had put my Sim into the new phone already. 

I did not ever think of retaliation, I just wanted to get away from her as quickly as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

I find it strange that a "bump" would lead to this, you seem quick to condemn the guy, I don't think we have the whole story  from both sides.

There are lot of witnesses who saw him assaulting that poor woman. Regardless of how event took place, violence is unacceptable. I am sure you would agree with that.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

Then can farang expats learn not to react by striking her multiple times and then fleeing the scene. Witnesses report Natchanan threw a water bottle in retaliation, after which Straumann returned, choking and beating her further, even slamming her head against the floor?

I think you need to take a cold shower mate.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1