Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Read and inwardly digest, you're welcome.

Well post them if you want, but they wont be taken as having any integrity or any truth .

Al-Jazeera live streamed a mis firing Hamas rocket hitting a Gazain hospital and the next day they reported it as a Israeli rocket hitting the hospital and they never retracted that story . They also cut off any callers who stated the truth .

Which shows how trustworthy AJ are

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Note the "immediate ceasefire part". That's not just a pause.

Everybody wants an immediate ceasefire and hostages released apart from Hamas, I've posted that myself today. Can you tell me where in the article it says its not just a pause? 

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Blinken: US circulated draft UN Security Council resolution calling for ‘immediate ceasefire linked to the release of hostages’

The United States has circulated a draft UN Security Council resolution calling for an “immediate ceasefire linked to the release of hostages” in the Gaza Strip, Secretary of State Antony Blinken says.

“Well, in fact, we actually have a resolution that we put forward right now that’s before the United Nations Security Council that does call for an immediate ceasefire tied to the release of hostages, and we hope very much that countries will support that,” Blinken says.

“I think that would send a strong message, a strong signal,” he tells Saudi media outlet Al Hadath during a visit to Saudi Arabia to discuss the war between Israel and Hamas, sparked by the terror group’s devastating October 7 attack.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/blinken-us-circulated-draft-un-security-council-resolution-calling-for-immediate-ceasefire-linked-to-the-release-of-hostages/

This is one of the very few posts you've posted that I've indicated I liked. 

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Everybody wants an immediate ceasefire and hostages released, I've posted that myself today. Can you tell me where in the article it says its not just a pause? 

Do you honestly think Blinken believes it would be fine to resume the invasion of Rafah after the hostages have been released?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Why's that, a tad embarrassing for you and the illustrious Israeli military.

It just gets rather repetitive .

For how long will you be celebrating  that victory ?

You won that previous  battle , now lets get on with the current  war

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Do you honestly think Blinken believes it would be fine to resume the invasion of Rafah after the hostages have been released?

Its not what I think, its what you claim, where did you get this from? 

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Common sense and a wider reading of Blinken's comments. I asked what you think. I can't imagine that any rational person believes other than he means a permanent ceasefire, especially when Blinken is calling for a 2 state solution. You are sounding a bit off the rails here to be frank.

• Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Common sense and a wider reading of Blinken's comments. I asked what you think. I can't imagine that any rational person believes other than he means a permanent ceasefire, especially when Blinken is calling for a 2 state solution. You are sounding a bit off the rails here to be frank.

If I was you I'd use that common sense and wait to read the draft resolution first

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I not only think that Blinken is expecting a permanent ceasefire, but most of the rest of the world is slowly coming around to that expectation. Isreal, if it doesn't comply, will soon become a worldwide pariah, just what it didn't want. 
- Permanent ceasefire;
- Exchange of all hostages and prisoners; 
- Begin negotiations for a long-term agreement, which will probably be a two-state solution.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It just gets rather repetitive .

For how long will you be celebrating  that victory ?

You won that previous  battle , now lets get on with the current  war

As is said on here time and time again, this war started on the 7th Oct 2023, the IDF killed 3 Israeli ex-prisoners waving white flags and screaming in Hebrew, there is nothing to celebrate, just another 3 dead to add to the total killed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Intense, at least another 40 terrorists killed since the earlier update a few hours ago..................

Israeli Army Says Over 140 Militants Killed In Al-Shifa Operation.

More than 140 militants have been killed in four days of fighting in and around Gaza's largest hospital, where the Israeli army's operation is still underway, the military said Thursday.

Israel launched a raid on Al-Shifa medical centre on Monday, targeting what it said were senior Hamas militants with tank fire and air strikes.

Combat has raged for days in and around the sprawling hospital complex crowded with patients and displaced people. A previous raid on the complex in November triggered international outrage.

https://www.barrons.com/news/israeli-army-says-over-140-militants-killed-in-al-shifa-operation-cf1dbad2

• Sad 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Intense, at least another 40 terrorists killed since the earlier update a few hours ago..................

Israeli Army Says Over 140 Militants Killed In Al-Shifa Operation.

More than 140 militants have been killed in four days of fighting in and around Gaza's largest hospital, where the Israeli army's operation is still underway, the military said Thursday.

Israel launched a raid on Al-Shifa medical centre on Monday, targeting what it said were senior Hamas militants with tank fire and air strikes.

Combat has raged for days in and around the sprawling hospital complex crowded with patients and displaced people. A previous raid on the complex in November triggered international outrage.

https://www.barrons.com/news/israeli-army-says-over-140-militants-killed-in-al-shifa-operation-cf1dbad2

And, how many hostages have been released recently? 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

As is said on here time and time again, this war started on the 7th Oct 2023, the IDF killed 3 Israeli ex-prisoners waving white flags and screaming in Hebrew, there is nothing to celebrate, just another 3 dead to add to the total killed.

If you didn't keep posting the same link over and over again, then you wouldn't have to keep saying the same thing time and time again .

Not only posting the link, but also describing what happened again  in subsequent  posts .

As you keep describing and highlighting  the IDF messing up. Sounds like you are gloating and celebrating 

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You know right, why ask me such a question. Not playing your little games, very childish

My point was that although you boast about the IDF killing 140 militants (supposedly, by their ID and count), no hostages have been released. If the recovery of hostages were the primary goal of the Israeli government, their plans so far are not working. If they really valued the lives of all those hostages, they should more seriously consider a ceasefire, not continuing attacks.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

My point was that although you boast about the IDF killing 140 militants (supposedly, by their ID and count), no hostages have been released. If the recovery of hostages were the primary goal of the Israeli government, their plans so far are not working. If they really valued the lives of all those hostages, they should more seriously consider a ceasefire, not continuing attacks.

That would mean Netanyahu loses his position and faces prosecution for domestic crimes, apart from his war crimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you didn't keep posting the same link over and over again, then you wouldn't have to keep saying the same thing time and time again .

Not only posting the link, but also describing what happened again  in subsequent  posts .

As you keep describing and highlighting  the IDF messing up. Sounds like you are gloating and celebrating 

Where do you get from my post any celebrating or gloating and no link posted, as this is well known information.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Actually they've killed 140 terrorists not militants and that's just at the hospital, other fighting goes on in Gaza where they have killed more. Yes I am very pleased and wish that Hamas did what other security council resolutions ordered, release the hostages immediately.

Hamas refused the ceasefires deals so far even with all the concessions made by Israel.

Why does this have to be explained again and again and again to you. So repetitive and time wasting

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually they've killed 140 terrorists not militants and that's just at the hospital, other fighting goes on in Gaza where they have killed more. Yes I am very pleased and wish that Hamas did what other security council resolutions ordered, release the hostages immediately.

Hamas refused the ceasefires deals so far even with all the concessions made by Israel.

Why does this have to be explained again and again and again to you. So repetitive and time wasting

Going round and round in circles with the antisemite bloke wearing a syrup.........🥴

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Every administrative post in Gaza is hamas. Are they all terrorists?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Blinken: Israel-Hamas ceasefire deal ‘very much possible’

A potential ceasefire deal between Israel and the Hamas terrorist group is “getting closer,” U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Wednesday during a trip to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

“I think the gaps are narrowing, and I think an agreement is very much possible. We worked very hard with Qatar, with Egypt and with Israel to put a strong proposal on the table. We did that; Hamas wouldn’t accept it. They came back with other requests, other demands,” Blinken told Christiane Baissary of the Saudi-based Al Hadath newspaper, according to a State Department transcript of the interview.

“The negotiators are working on that right now. But I believe it’s very much doable, and it’s very much necessary,” he added.

https://www.jns.org/blinken-israel-hamas-ceasefire-deal-very-much-possible/

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

The equally primary goal is to wipe Hamas out 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Seems very doubtful.

I can't imagine Israel going for a permanent ceasefire without Hamas permanently surrendering.  

As far as a two state solution, they can talk, but I continue to think October 7 made that possibility much more remote than it already was.

Keep in mind the targets of October 7 were heavily of the more peacenik kind of Israelis (the dancers AND the kibbutzim). 

Israelis should have any trust after that? Good luck with that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

A potential ceasefire deal between Israel and the Hamas terrorist group is “getting closer,” U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Wednesday during a trip to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

“I think the gaps are narrowing, and I think an agreement is very much possible. We worked very hard with Qatar, with Egypt and with Israel to put a strong proposal on the table. We did that; Hamas wouldn’t accept it. They came back with other requests, other demands,” Blinken told Christiane Baissary of the Saudi-based Al Hadath newspaper, according to a State Department transcript of the interview.

“The negotiators are working on that right now. But I believe it’s very much doable, and it’s very much necessary,” he added.

Yet Netanyahu has made it clear that the Rafah offensive will happen no matter what, and that it will take weeks. From this article:

"On Wednesday, Netanyahu insisted that the IDF would enter Rafah with or without support from the United States."

Also, from four days ago:

Despite the talks, Netanyahu made it clear he has no plan to back down from the fighting that has killed tens of thousands of Palestinians, forced survivors into unlivable, cramped conditions in Rafah and elicited accusations of genocide.

[...]

Netanyahu also reiterated his determination to attack Hamas in Rafah, in southern Gaza, and said that his government approved military plans for such an operation.

[...]

"This will take several weeks, and it will happen," he said."

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Yet Netanyahu has made it clear that the Rafah offensive will happen no matter what, and that it will take weeks. From this article:

"On Wednesday, Netanyahu insisted that the IDF would enter Rafah with or without support from the United States."

Also, from four days ago:

Despite the talks, Netanyahu made it clear he has no plan to back down from the fighting that has killed tens of thousands of Palestinians, forced survivors into unlivable, cramped conditions in Rafah and elicited accusations of genocide.

[...]

Netanyahu also reiterated his determination to attack Hamas in Rafah, in southern Gaza, and said that his government approved military plans for such an operation.

[...]

"This will take several weeks, and it will happen," he said."

The ongoing deal referred to in my post has nothing to do with Rafah.

Whether Rafah goes ahead also depends on how the talks go in Washington as the US is going to be offering some more targeted options to get Hamas in Rafah rather than full invasion.

US to focus on Rafah in upcoming Israel talks

The U.S. is set to present Israel with alternative options for targeting Hamas that does not involve a risky incursion into Rafah, which would come with a high humanitarian cost. American officials that spoke to The Times of Israel said that Washington will propose securing the Egypt-Gaza border as an alternative to the ground campaign. Under the proposal, Israel would focus on preventing weapons that could rearm Hamas militants from being smuggled over the border. “This isn’t just us saying, ‘No you can’t do it.’ We’re saying that we’re willing to work with you on viable alternatives that still help you achieve your objectives,” one official said.

https://www.semafor.com/article/03/20/2024/us-to-focus-on-rafah-in-upcoming-israel-talks

Blinken says negotiations to a deal are 'getting closer' amid looming Rafah operation

'We can think of Rafah in terms of whether and how we go... Maybe we can do limited operations that go hand-in-hand with what the U.S wants from us,' says Lt. Col. (Res.) Doron Avital

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1