Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Lies, a recurring theme. In Nov/Dec Hamas officials in Gaza said it was 70% destroyed, quickly taken up by Al Jazeera and spread widely. The following month the BBC and others said 50% destroyed or damaged. Now with actual evidence to hand we find out its 35%. 

Satellite images show 35% of Gaza’s buildings damaged or destroyed, UN says
Satellite images analyzed by the United Nations Satellite Centre show that 35% of the Gaza Strip’s buildings have been damaged or destroyed since the start of the war between Israel and Hamas.
In its assessment, the United Nations Satellite Centre, UNOSAT, used high-resolution satellite images collected on Feb. 29 and compared them with images taken before and after the start of the war.
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Your standard reply when you fall short! 

It doesnt take much emphasis to understand the crises this is for humanity, for the world citizens to grasp the reality of this tragic revenge on innocent people! 

It is not complicated to understand at all, bt fod some world politics is difficult to understand, and jump easily on cheap rhetoric just to be safe, and easy comes words to stop any further discussion. Aint much intellectual thow, but safe at the right places. 

Hypocrisy I say, doubled faced and double morality 

Biased 🐂💩.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Lies, a recurring theme. In Nov/Dec Hamas officials in Gaza said it was 70% destroyed, quickly taken up by Al Jazeera and spread widely. The following month the BBC and others said 50% destroyed or damaged. Now with actual evidence to hand we find out its 35%. 

Satellite images show 35% of Gaza’s buildings damaged or destroyed, UN says
Satellite images analyzed by the United Nations Satellite Centre show that 35% of the Gaza Strip’s buildings have been damaged or destroyed since the start of the war between Israel and Hamas.
In its assessment, the United Nations Satellite Centre, UNOSAT, used high-resolution satellite images collected on Feb. 29 and compared them with images taken before and after the start of the war.

The media reported at the time that 70% of homes, not buildings, had been destroyed:

Israel-Hamas war: 70% of Gaza homes destroyed in fighting, WSJ claims

The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday that 70% of all Gaza homes and about half of all its buildings have been either damaged or destroyed due to Israeli airstrikes during its war with the Hamas terror organization. The report states that Gaza contained about 439,000 homes.

[...]

Around the time the report came out, N12 cited an estimate by aid organizations that it would take at least a year after the war to clear the rubble, and it would take approximately seven to ten years to rebuild destroyed houses, with the overall cost of restoring Gaza estimated at $3.5 billion.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-780086

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

The media reported at the time that 70% of homes, not buildings, had been destroyed:

Israel-Hamas war: 70% of Gaza homes destroyed in fighting, WSJ claims

The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday that 70% of all Gaza homes and about half of all its buildings have been either damaged or destroyed due to Israeli airstrikes during its war with the Hamas terror organization. The report states that Gaza contained about 439,000 homes.

[...]

Around the time the report came out, N12 cited an estimate by aid organizations that it would take at least a year after the war to clear the rubble, and it would take approximately seven to ten years to rebuild destroyed houses, with the overall cost of restoring Gaza estimated at $3.5 billion.

I know what the media reported and they were wrong. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It doesnt take much emphasis to understand the crises this is for humanity, for the world citizens to grasp the reality of this tragic revenge on innocent people! 

It is not complicated to understand at all, bt fod some world politics is difficult to understand, and jump easily on cheap rhetoric just to be safe, and easy comes words to stop any further discussion. Aint much intellectual thow, but safe at the right places. 

Word salad gone wrong

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Biased 🐂💩.

just take off your pink glasses, and look at the reality! You know deep inside you, you are wrong! 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

just take off your pink glasses, and look at the reality! You know deep inside you, you are wrong! 

That's the trouble and the point of my previous, long post. I don't think these people do know deep down inside of them that they are wrong. 🥹

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hummin said:

I have read enough of your posts to realise that you patronise other posters, does that give you a superiority complex. 🥴

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That's the trouble and the point of my previous, long post. I don't think these people do know deep down inside of them that they are wrong. 🥹

The difference is William we don't have to fabricate stories, and falsely accuse posters of saying something you made up. It is a very disingenuous way you try to make a point.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I have read enough of your posts to realise that you patronise other posters, does that give you a superiority complex. 🥴

No, doing what you perceive as patronizing other posters doesn't give me a superiority complex. However, reading your and a few others's posts on this forum does.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

The common respons is negative loaded emotions when they have nothing left. Spineless week creatures.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Im spot on on every target, but if you are biased which Im not, then you struggle. I have said before, if it was the other way around, then my emphasis would have been with the jews, but it is not the other way around. 

Thats why this is ironically biased of your side

46 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is not complicated to understand at all, but for some world politics is difficult to understand, and jump easily on cheap rhetoric just to be safe, and easy comes words to stop any further discussion. Aint much intellectual thow, but safe at the right places. 

Garbage!

What I was responding to was a B.S. post that professed "understanding" of hating ALL Jewish people everywhere in the world because of their twisted one side narrative on the history of Israel, their one sided characterization of this current war, and because they have heard SOME Jewish and/or Israeli voices that are extremely right wing. Again I say, Jew haters always have excuses all through history. Their excuses just change with the times and national cultures.

If you can't take a clear stand on the moral wrong of Jew hatred UNCONDITIONALLY, then I doubt you or anyone else promoting Jew hatred has any moral leg to stand on whatsover.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Garbage!

What I was responding to was a B.S. post that professed "understanding" of hating ALL Jewish people everywhere in the world because of their twisted one side narrative on the history of Israel, their own sided characterization of this current war, and because they have heard SOME Jewish and/or Israeli voices that are extremely right wing. Again I say, Jew haters always have excuses all through history.

If you can't take a clear stand on the moral wrong of Jew hatred UNCONDITIONALLY, then I doubt you have a moral leg to stand on.

Nobody here has ever professed to hating Jews. The legitimate hate is against Netanyahu and his war cabinet for both expressing islamophobic sentiment and conducting genocidal revenge attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im spot on on every target, but if you are biased which Im not, then you struggle. I have said before, if it was the other way around, then my emphasis would have been with the jews, but it is not the other way around. 

Thats why this is ironically biased of your side

You insert words into your posts that are simply not true, why can't you be honest and truthful instead of trying to point score all the time. Your latest attempt was using the word "revenge" referring to the Israelis in Gaza, the Israelis would have to be pretty stupid to send in ground troops when they have enough weapons to do the job without loss of lives to themselves, and more to the point you would have to be pretty stupid to believe that this is a "revenge" attack.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Nobody here has ever professed to hating Jews. The legitimate hate is against Netanyahu and his war cabinet for both expressing islamophobic sentiment and conducting genocidal revenge attacks.

So you missed the post I was talking about talking about "understanding" people hating ALL Jews.

Don't insult my intelligence. 

21 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No, doing what you perceive as patronizing other posters doesn't give me a superiority complex. However, reading your and a few others's posts on this forum does.

Again you are replying to posts that wasn't directed at you. Comprehension not your strong point?

Just now, Wobblybob said:

You insert words into your posts that are simply not true, why can't you be honest and truthful instead of trying to point score all the time. Your latest attempt was using the word "revenge" referring to the Israelis in Gaza, the Israelis would have to be pretty stupid to send in ground troops when they have enough weapons to do the job without loss of lives to themselves, and more to the point you would have to be pretty stupid to believe that this is a "revenge" attack.

How is it not a revenge attack? 30,000 dead Palerstinians was never going to be justifiable in any sane person's mind. I note that no person here has ever been willing to put up their hand and say that the bombings of Gaza were appropiate or that continued or even greater numbers of deaths in Rafah caused by an incursion there are justifiable. The pro Israel lobby here just wants to cry outrage and attack anyone who would hate on a country that openly commits genocide and flaunts ICJ court rulings.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you missed the post I was talking about talking about "understanding" people hating ALL Jews.

Sue. I can understand why people people might hate Jews. In particular I believe most Palestinians now hate Jews. It's been pointed out to you that understanding motivation does not mean that motivation is shared by the person who expresses that understanding. If you can't understand at all why someone might hate Jews then I think you are just being disingenuous. We don't have to agree with the sentiment to know that many have that sentiment and to comprehend the reasons why they may have that sentiment. The point previously made was that the number of people who do hate Jews has risen markedly in the past 5 months.

Genocide focuses the mind.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Genocidal revenge attacks and islamophobic sentiment. Really? You forgot to add Israeli sub humans as you did in your other post. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

How is it not a revenge attack? 30,000 dead Palerstinians was never going to be justifiable in any sane person's mind. I note that no person here has ever been willing to put up their hand and say that the bombings of Gaza were appropiate or that continued or even greater numbers of deaths in Rafah caused by an incursion there are justifiable. The pro Israel lobby here just wants to cry outrage and attack anyone who would hate on a country that openly commits genocide and flaunts ICJ court rulings.

If you read my post to Hummin I explained why it is not a revenge attack.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Genocidal revenge attacks and islamophobic sentiment. Really? You forgot to add Israeli sub humans as you did in your other post. 

Let me be quite clear here. Natanyahu is an animal.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"Nobody here" and just "people" doesn't describe the same group.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

"Nobody here" and just "people" doesn't describe the same group.

I don't think that the notion that "other people" hate Jews is controversial. There was an allegation that some people here were such.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Again you are replying to posts that wasn't directed at you. Comprehension not your strong point?

Comprehension is one of my strongest points. Waiting my turn is not.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Sue. I can understand why people people might hate Jews. In particular I believe most Palestinians now hate Jews. It's been pointed out to you that understanding motivation does not mean that motivation is shared by the person who expresses that understanding. If you can't understand at all why someone might hate Jews then I think you are just being disingenuous. We don't have to agree with the sentiment to know that many have that sentiment and to comprehend the reasons why they may have that sentiment. The point previously made was that the number of people who do hate Jews has risen markedly in the past 5 months.

Genocide focuses the mind.

That post went beyond that. It was a strong defense of Jew hatred based on a one sided narrative of lies. As far as genocide, note that you conveniently yet again ignore what STARTED this current war. October 7. From Hamas. A terrorist organization explicitly in favor of genocide of Jews. Hamas is on record as intending to repeat October 7 attacks indefinitely until their genocidal goals are met. Yet somehow Israel is the bad guy for just not laying down baring their necks. It's really weird. Somehow only Jews are expected to passively accept genocide of their own people. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

That post went beyond that. It was a strong defense of Jew hatred. As far as genocide, note that you conveniently yet again ignore what STARTED this current war. October 7. From Hamas. A terrorist organization explicitly in favor of genocide of Jews. Hamas is on record as intended to repeat October 7 attacks indefinitely until their genocidal goals are met. Yet somehow Israel is the bad guy for just not laying down baring their necks. 

If anyone ignores what started this conflict it is you.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2