Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

12 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

These Palestian women are both educated but they are completely programmed.

They are classic examples of what I call "yabbuts". When confronted with uncomfortable truth, they always answer, "yeah, but...." and try to deflect away.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

"The Hamas charter is to eliminate the Jewish people but starting with Israel." A real masterclass of two Palestian women showing their scant regard for human life whilst displaying their ignorance.

Just in case you missed, the Middle Eastern guy speaking in the second part of the video is a Palestinian  named Mosab Yousef , as he is the son of a Hamas founder .

"If you were a decent Human being, you would condemn the Oct 7 th terror attack and state it was a crime against humanity and genocide "

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One hope that this might be a turning point for western countries. It's one thing when mere Palestinians are killed, hardly worth a yawn from our leaders, but when it's our own citizens being killed in a deliberate way it's a different matter. Questions may be asked in Parliament, news organisations may feel inclined to ask the questions they would not otherwise ask, it might even get on the MSM.

From what I just heard on radio news, it's got Biden riled enough to call netanyahu about it. 

Has netanyahu finally crossed a red line? Time will tell.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems the poster you quoted doesn't understand what "friendly fire" is. It's when a side kills it's own, not when a side kills people it doesn't like. That's unfriendly fire.

I think the poster you are slandering does know what "friendly fire" is, and your snide remarks about said posters has fallen on deaf ears. Fancy not knowing that, you nearly going to Vietnam and all that. 

When you discuss other posters through a third party it will never end the way you want it to. 

David Cameron has got some front. The Foreign Secretary is haranguing Israel over its tragic unintentional killing of seven aid workers in Gaza, and yet he oversaw a war in which such ‘friendly fire’ horrors were commonplace. In fact, more than seven people were slain in accidental bombings under Cameron’s watch.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-truth-about-israels-friendly-fire/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

From what I just heard on radio news, it's got Biden riled enough to call netanyahu about it. 

Has netanyahu finally crossed a red line? Time will tell.

Best you got "from what I've heard". 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Another rejection from Hamas to end the war. They are determined to be finished off in battle no matter how many of their own civilians get sacrificed on the way.

A senior Hamas leader says Egypt has put forward a ceasefire and hostage release proposal, but that it does not include anything new and that the terror group will not back down from any of its previous demands, days after an Israeli negotiating team returned from Cairo having drawn up the updated draft.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hamas-appears-to-reject-latest-gaza-ceasefire-proposal-from-egypt/

• Like 1

Netanyahu’s office says it will allow “temporary” aid deliveries via its border with the northern Gaza Strip “to ensure the continuation of the fighting and to achieve the goals of the war”.
US President Joe Biden tells Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu to “empower his negotiators to conclude a deal without delay”.
Hamas official Osama Hamadan earlier told a news briefing negotiations were “stuck in a vicious circle” with Israel refusing requests to withdraw troops, allow aid, and for Palestinians to return to the northern Gaza Strip.
At least 101 Palestinians have been returned to the Gaza Strip from Israeli prisons, with some having suffered fractures and other injuries, according to a medical source.
At least 33,037 Palestinians have been killed and 75,668 wounded in Israeli attacks on Gaza since October 7. The death toll in Israel from Hamas’s October 7 attack stands at 1,139, with dozens still held captive.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/4/5/israels-war-on-gaza-live-biden-presses-israel-for-immediate-ceasefire

A Tory former Foreign Office minister is being investigated by his party after giving an interview in which he called for two Conservative peers and a minister to face repercussions for their support of Israel.

Speaking to LBC this morning, he said the Conservative Friends of Israel (CFI) group had been "doing the bidding of [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu, bypassing all proper processes of government to exercise undue influence at the top of government".

Sky News understands the party has told Sir Alan he is being investigated - although this could take weeks.

In the interview, he singled out Lord Stuart Polak, the honorary president of the CFI, and Lord Eric Pickles, as among those who should face punishment for their support of Israel.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-ex-foreign-office-minister-sir-alan-duncan-investigated-by-party-after-israel-comments-13107785

• Agree 1

On 4/2/2024 at 10:04 AM, Bkk Brian said:

These fantasy numbers dished just got even worse with evidence of deliberate hiding of the deaths from Gazans by failed rocket launches by Hamas. The names of those who died and continue to do so are added to the overall counts and blamed on IDF bombs. Around 11% of rockers fired by Hamas since Oct 7th towards Israel have failed and landed back in Gaza.

Hamas document reveals it hides casualties, blames failed rocket launches on Israel - IDF

“These documents clearly show that terrorist organizations in Gaza are cooperating to hide the extent of the destruction and killing caused by failed launches that fall on the residents, while making an effort to protect Hamas terrorists, overlooking the danger to civilians,” said Adraee in his statement.

Lastly, Hamas reports were exposed featuring names of Gazan casualties as a result of failed launches, which were then recycled by Hamas in their outward reports of casualties, alleging they stemmed from Israeli airstrikes. In other words, Hamas counted casualties from PIJ failed rockets as casualties from Israeli attacks, proving yet again the lack of accuracy of their propaganda reporting.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-794610

Here we go again with the fake numbers and percentages and this and admission from Gaza Health authority themselves.

Israel-Hamas war: Gaza's morgue network has effectively collapsed - how are they recording their dead?

Of the 21,703 identified fatalities whose details have been shared by the Hamas-run health ministry, 13,207 were women, children or elderly (61%).

Until recently, however, the ministry had been reporting a figure of 72%.

Mr al Wahaidi told Sky News that this was a "media estimate". He was not able to explain the basis for this estimate or who had produced it.

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-health-system-collapse-in-gaza-leaves-authorities-struggling-to-count-the-dead-13107279

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israeli forces kill Palestinian collecting aid
Exclusive video obtained by Al Jazeera shows Israeli forces opening fire and killing a Palestinian man as he tried to collect aid in north Gaza.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/4/5/israeli-forces-kill-palestinian-collecting-aid

(Just another "regrettable incident') from the IDF I expect. I have no doubt that there will be an enquiry by the IDF, about the IDF, and nobody will be punished as usual.

After all he was only a Palestinian, and nobody important. (Sarcasm mode off). The IDF who murdered him probably "thought" he was a Hamas terrorist or a Hamas supporter.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

(Just another "regrettable incident') from the IDF I expect. I have no doubt that there will be an enquiry by the IDF, about the IDF, and nobody will be punished as usual.

After all he was only a Palestinian, and nobody important. (Sarcasm mode off). The IDF who murdered him probably "thought" he was a Hamas terrorist or a Hamas supporter.

How very dare you, the IDF murdering innocent civilians, who would ever think such a thing?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

How very dare you, the IDF murdering innocent civilians, who would ever think such a thing?

Well if it wasn't the IDF it must have been Hamas in IDF uniform.

That is what some posters here may want us heretic, unbelieving, terrorist supporters to believe.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Murdering innocent civilians is in the remit of Palestinian terrorists, Israel have made some mistakes which incidentally would not have happened without Palestinian terrorists starting this war. But when you promote propaganda facts from Al Jazeera you are not thinking with your head but more with your feet, up there for thinking, down there for dancing. 

Ask yourself, what has the Israeli army got to gain by killing someone trying to feed his family, Hamas has more to gain by killing a civilian stealing aid that they can sell on to Palestinians. Don't be a sponge all your life start asking yourself questions like who has got more to gain by these incidents! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Time and time again 😞 

That has its own topic. Also from Guterras today.

I renew my call for the unconditional release of all hostages still held by Hamas & other groups.

I have met with many of the family members of those being held captive & even former hostages themselves.

I carry their anguish, uncertainty & deep pain with me every day.

image.png.4b771c84f09f9442bba3ff3fc6874c0a.png

https://twitter.com/antonioguterres/status/1776246215794942159

Surely you would like to see all the hostages released unconditionally right?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Exactly. Well said, nice to see a voice of reason and humanity. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Sounds like you support conspiracy theories just like other posters, there is no proof that this guy was purposely shot, Al Jaz is hardly going to tell the truth now are they, but like the terrorists themselves you hang on to their every word. 🙁

• Agree 1

A fact some posters on here forget.

“This basic fact remains true: There would be a ceasefire in Gaza today had Hamas simply agreed to release this vulnerable category of hostages – the sick, wounded, elderly, and young women,” the official continues. “Holding these innocent people is outrageous and a reminder as to how this war started in the first place. The onus is on Hamas to release the hostages and bring relief to the people of Gaza through a prolonged ceasefire.”

Biden urges Egypt, Qatar leaders to press Hamas to agree to hostage deal — official

US President Joe Biden wrote to the leaders of Egypt and Qatar, calling on them to press Hamas to agree to a hostage deal with Israel, a senior administration official tells The Times of Israel.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the private letters, says Biden’s national security adviser will meet Monday with family members of some of the estimated 100 hostages who are believed to still be in Gaza.

The letters to Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi and Qatar’s ruling emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, come as Biden has deployed CIA Director Bill Burns to Cairo for talks this weekend about the hostage crisis.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-april-05-2024/

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Sometimes people need reminding why Israel is fighting this bloody war that was forced upon them. Hamas are evil and some might say that supporting them is a mental illness.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Sometimes people need reminding why Israel is fighting this bloody war that was forced upon them. Hamas are evil and some might say that supporting them is a mental illness.

I feel compelled to ask how this alledged information and pictures of a house that was burned to the ground came to discovery?

Unfortunately there have been a number of allegations made that have been thoroughly debunked as fabrications. It is not helpful to relate such if are only to solicit wrongful perspective. On either side.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

I feel compelled to ask how this alledged information and pictures of a house that was burned to the ground came to discovery?

Unfortunately there have been a number of allegations made that have been thoroughly debunked as fabrications. It is not helpful to relate such if are only to solicit wrongful perspective. On either side.

Not alleged and if you'd care to do an internet search you would find all of these gruesome crimes.

What you cannot deny is without 7/10 none of this would be happening, now who really is to blame? 

An Israeli woman received an unthinkably tragic update on the fate of her daughter, who has autism, and her elderly mother 12 days after they were taken by Hamas: their bodies were found at the Gaza border, authorities told the family.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/israeli-child-autism-found-dead-grandmother-gaza-border/story?id=104135722

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Sad but true

Matthew 7:2

For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Sad but true

Matthew 7:2

For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Here endeth the sermon.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

Not alleged and if you'd care to do an internet search you would find all of these gruesome crimes.

What you cannot deny is without 7/10 none of this would be happening, now who really is to blame? 

An Israeli woman received an unthinkably tragic update on the fate of her daughter, who has autism, and her elderly mother 12 days after they were taken by Hamas: their bodies were found at the Gaza border, authorities told the family.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/israeli-child-autism-found-dead-grandmother-gaza-border/story?id=104135722

I am well aware of the many tales of gruesome crimes and even the debunked ones probably still circulating on the internet.

I am not trying to deny anything. Events of 7/10 were undeniably a trigger point but I retain the right to consider the underlying cause dates from well before that. However I also consider the current state of the conflict has exceeded justifications for continuance. I also doubt Netanyahu has any genuine  intent to "rescue" hostages as he pursues the previous ideology of the "Hannibal" policy. Paying lip service to the concerns of the Governments of country of origin of some hostages who may have already diminished in number by the IDF under orders to eliminate all and any while demolishing over 60 % of residential buildings in territory that Netanyahu has long declared no Gaza person will be permitted to return to. Ramping up with IDF protection the forced confiscation of land for illegal settlement in the West Bank as well as inside Israel indicates a desire , if not a premeditated plan, for a large militarized expansion of Israeli territory assisted by the US. Is the provision of many new fighter jets an urgent requirement to launch explosives on the Gaza strip? 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1