Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

7 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

I am well aware of the many tales of gruesome crimes and even the debunked ones probably still circulating on the internet.

I am not trying to deny anything. Events of 7/10 were undeniably a trigger point but I retain the right to consider the underlying cause dates from well before that. However I also consider the current state of the conflict has exceeded justifications for continuance. I also doubt Netanyahu has any genuine  intent to "rescue" hostages as he pursues the previous ideology of the "Hannibal" policy. Paying lip service to the concerns of the Governments of country of origin of some hostages who may have already diminished in number by the IDF under orders to eliminate all and any while demolishing over 60 % of residential buildings in territory that Netanyahu has long declared no Gaza person will be permitted to return to. Ramping up with IDF protection the forced confiscation of land for illegal settlement in the West Bank as well as inside Israel indicates a desire , if not a premeditated plan, for a large militarized expansion of Israeli territory assisted by the US. Is the provision of many new fighter jets an urgent requirement to launch explosives on the Gaza strip? 

Cant hide the history behind final action which lead to this dissaster. 

The mentality of being superior and claim superior rights, might be the fundamental reasons. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

I am well aware of the many tales of gruesome crimes and even the debunked ones probably still circulating on the internet.

I am not trying to deny anything. Events of 7/10 were undeniably a trigger point but I retain the right to consider the underlying cause dates from well before that. However I also consider the current state of the conflict has exceeded justifications for continuance. I also doubt Netanyahu has any genuine  intent to "rescue" hostages as he pursues the previous ideology of the "Hannibal" policy. Paying lip service to the concerns of the Governments of country of origin of some hostages who may have already diminished in number by the IDF under orders to eliminate all and any while demolishing over 60 % of residential buildings in territory that Netanyahu has long declared no Gaza person will be permitted to return to. Ramping up with IDF protection the forced confiscation of land for illegal settlement in the West Bank as well as inside Israel indicates a desire , if not a premeditated plan, for a large militarized expansion of Israeli territory assisted by the US. Is the provision of many new fighter jets an urgent requirement to launch explosives on the Gaza strip? 

It doesn't matter what you think and it doesn't matter what I think, but we are lucky that we don't have the crazy zealots that are the Palestinians as neighbours.

How do you know what Netanyahu is thinking or planning.....you don't, none of us do but it makes excusing the terrorists actions much easier when blaming someone else.

Most of the anti-Israel posters on here can be very economic with factual evidence and prefer to fabricate and even enter into the world of conspiracy to avoid the actual evidence. Every time an accident happens it is always on purpose and always the fault of the Israelis, even when Hamas themselves bombed their own hospital it was a eureka moment for them until the truth emerged, Hamas even claimed that 500 civilians had lost their lives, nearly all women and children though, did those figures get added to the Hamas idiot sheet of the much inflated death toll, isn't it strange in this day and age that so many people can believe the figures that the terrorists band about! Good day!

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Cant hide the history behind final action which lead to this dissaster. 

The mentality of being superior and claim superior rights, might be the fundamental reasons. 

Gibberish!

Just now, Hummin said:

You know Im right, you just do not want to admit it

Yes you keep telling us all how intellectual you are and the rest of us are not worthy of a reply from you, how could you be anything else but right. :cheesy:

Secretary-General António Guterres (at podium) briefs reporters on the situation in Gaza on the six months mark since 7 October 2023.

"In its speed, scale and inhumane ferocity, the war in Gaza is the deadliest of conflicts – for civilians, for aid workers, for journalists, for health workers, and for our own colleagues. Some 196 humanitarian aid workers – including more than 175 members of our own UN staff – have been killed. The vast majority were serving UNRWA [The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East], the backbone of all relief efforts in Gaza," said the Secretary-General, and continued: "I repeat my urgent appeals for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire, the unconditional release of all hostages, the protection of civilians, and the unimpeded delivery of humanitarian aid. […] Six months on, we are at the brink: of mass starvation; of regional conflagration; of a total loss of faith in global standards and norms."

https://webtv.un.org/en/asset/k1b/k1b6qeybps?fbclid=IwAR0zR_Upy231Fib0SJDapfmOBmvyr42hLQdZyCcXwYwDm9vZhuhB9ra0PDk_aem_AUN1igoxCeYizYyNGr-SSMmwlEO4fAQu15sOtgpQHVCYvMdhOoI0nS-UFy5E0tqAtQPHId5RgsD2Ehu6fQcWl5YO

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Agree 1

Israel-Hamas war: Gaza's morgue network has effectively collapsed - how are they recording their dead?
The collapse of healthcare infrastructure has left thousands of dead unidentified - with authorities relying on first responders, journalists and bereaved families for information.

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-health-system-collapse-in-gaza-leaves-authorities-struggling-to-count-the-dead-13107279

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel-Hamas war: Gaza's morgue network has effectively collapsed - how are they recording their dead?
The collapse of healthcare infrastructure has left thousands of dead unidentified - with authorities relying on first responders, journalists and bereaved families for information.

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-health-system-collapse-in-gaza-leaves-authorities-struggling-to-count-the-dead-13107279

Posted 17 hours ago:

image.png.97f5f5b052416d83569239202af88529.png

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

A Tory former Foreign Office minister is being investigated by his party after giving an interview in which he called for two Conservative peers and a minister to face repercussions for their support of Israel.

Speaking to LBC this morning, he said the Conservative Friends of Israel (CFI) group had been "doing the bidding of [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu, bypassing all proper processes of government to exercise undue influence at the top of government".

Sky News understands the party has told Sir Alan he is being investigated - although this could take weeks.

In the interview, he singled out Lord Stuart Polak, the honorary president of the CFI, and Lord Eric Pickles, as among those who should face punishment for their support of Israel.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-ex-foreign-office-minister-sir-alan-duncan-investigated-by-party-after-israel-comments-13107785

Good for him. I hope he faces the <deleted> down.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Misleading data on deaths and potential famine is all used with dishonest rhetoric against Israel instead of Hamas

The Data Show Israel Is Not Causing a Gazan Famine

Despite the war, three-quarters of greenhouse acres were still available as of Feb. 15, according to a United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) report, which has the latest available data. . COGAT data show that 290,000 tons of food and beverages have been delivered to Gaza since October — recently as many as 200 truckloads a day. Full distribution of these supplies would deliver about 1.82 pounds of food daily for each of the 2 million people in Gaza. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2024/04/05/the_data_show_israel_is_not_causing_a_gazan_famine_150751.html

• Like 1

Palestinian media instructed to spread false claims of the treatment of hostages

Palestinian Authority TV: Israeli Hostages Are ‘Left Happy and Laughing’

Freed Israeli hostages have reported that they were sexually abused, tortured, beaten, and starved. The question is: why is it so important for the PA, Hamas, and their supporters to deny the sexual abuse? Certainly, kidnapping and holding civilians as hostages is by itself a horrific crime, but these they are not denying.

According to the values of the world’s antisemites and Israel haters, however, if Hamas had “only” kidnapped and not sexually abused civilians, the events of October 7 would easily have been hailed as a successful “resistance operation.”

https://www.algemeiner.com/2024/04/04/palestinian-authority-tv-israeli-hostages-are-left-happy-and-laughing/

• Thumbs Up 1

150 antisemites?

Over 150 Jewish creatives sign open letter defending Jonathan Glazer for Oscars speech on Gaza

“I signed this letter to help counter the climate of silencing that many workplaces and industries are facing around Israel’s war on Gaza, now entering its seventh month,” Ilana Glazer told Variety.

“This controversy surrounding Jonathan Glazer is just one example.”

Schamus added: “It has been weeks since Jonathan Glazer’s acceptance speech at the Academy Awards, but, as we’re reminded by this week’s unconscionable killing of seven World Center Kitchen aid workers — and of countless more Palestinian civilians — his plea for humanity has only become more urgent, as has our duty as Jewish creatives to protest the vicious smear campaign waged against him.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jonathan-glazer-open-letter-oscars-speech-gaza-b2524348.html

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

150 antisemites?

Over 150 Jewish creatives sign open letter defending Jonathan Glazer for Oscars speech on Gaza

“I signed this letter to help counter the climate of silencing that many workplaces and industries are facing around Israel’s war on Gaza, now entering its seventh month,” Ilana Glazer told Variety.

Schamus added: “It has been weeks since Jonathan Glazer’s acceptance speech at the Academy Awards, but, as we’re reminded by this week’s unconscionable killing of seven World Center Kitchen aid workers — and of countless more Palestinian civilians — his plea for humanity has only become more urgent, as has our duty as Jewish creatives to protest the vicious smear campaign waged against him.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jonathan-glazer-open-letter-oscars-speech-gaza-b2524348.html

Where does anti Semitism fit into that story ?

Did you add the word to the story for no apparent reason ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Where does anti Semitism fit into that story ?

Did you add the word to the story for no apparent reason ?

I am sure you understand just fine.

5 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

150 antisemites?

Considering the Oscars to be a waste of my time I was not aware of the  controversy you reference, so thank you for informing me of it. I was able to use google to find out about it and kudos to Glazer, and brickbats to those media people who criticized him and de facto support israel's barbarous assault on the civilians of Gaza.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As seems "normal" for this subforum you have posted a fact only information post and some pathetic individual has put a laugh emoji on it. It's not like you put any opinion from yourself on it to elicit such a response. It's sad that some posters think facts are some sort of joke.

If you could see you posts has we see them you would be hysterical. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As seems "normal" for this subforum you have posted a fact only information post and some pathetic individual has put a laugh emoji on it. It's not like you put any opinion from yourself on it to elicit such a response. It's sad that some posters think facts are some sort of joke.

It was an opinion piece by Norman Finkelstein, now we can see where you make up your facts.....:clap2:

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

150 antisemites?

And? I raise you 450 who denounce it.

More than 450 Jewish creatives denounce Jonathan Glazer’s ‘The Zone of Interest’ Oscars speech

Now, more than 450 Jewish creatives, executives and Hollywood professionals have signed an open letter denouncing Glazer’s speech. The list of co-signees was provided to Variety, who published the letter in full. The list includes actors (Debra Messing, Jennifer Jason Leigh), executives (Gary Barber, Gail Berman), directors (Eli Roth, Rod Lurie), producers (Lawrence Bender, Amy Pascal, Gary Gilbert) and representatives (UTA’s Jake Fenton, Gersh’s Jeffrey Greenberg, WGA’s Wendy Sachs).

https://www.euronews.com/culture/2024/03/19/more-than-450-jewish-creatives-denounce-jonathan-glazers-the-zone-of-interest-oscars-speec

I'm also curious as to why you started your post off with "150 antisemites?"

He needs to join AN and tell a few of the posters here.......

UN chief: ‘Nothing can justify the horror unleashed by Hamas on October 7’

Six months after the terror onslaught led by Hamas, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres calls October 7 “a day of pain for Israel and the world.”

In a video statement posted to X, Guterres says he and the UN mourn for the some 1,200 people, most of them civilians, “who were killed in cold blood.”

“Nothing can justify the horror unleashed by Hamas on October 7,” he says.

He also condemns “the use of sexual violence, torture, injuring and kidnapping of civilians, the firing of rockets toward civilian targets, and the use of human shields.”

“I call for the unconditional release of all the hostages still held by Hamas and other armed groups.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/un-chief-nothing-can-justify-the-horror-unleashed-by-hamas-on-october-7/

• Love It 1

6 months ago today.

"The following massacre, an atrocity of near-unprecedented levels, resulted in the murder of over 1,200 innocent Israelis, systematic sexual violence by Hamas and other terrorists against Israeli women, and the taking of over 250 hostages into Gaza.

Every single death, every single drop of blood, every single home destroyed, and every innocent injured – lays solely at the feet of Hamas’ leadership.

Hamas cannot and will not continue existing after this war is over, for the 1,200+ innocents slaughtered, for every single woman assaulted, for the tens of thousands of Israelis injured, and most importantly – for our people still held in Gaza."

image.png.bfd08065425cbb9c220b471cffd5e7e3.png

https://twitter.com/YaariCohen/status/1776716787683365209

• Agree 1