Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Just now, placeholder said:

But at least it has succeeded in destroying Hamas... Or is about to... There's no doubt about that, right?

No, Hamas hasn't been defeated yet , you have won on that point as well . 

Your terror group are still alive and you still are holding hostages , including babies .

Enjoy your victorious celebrations . 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

2 replies to the same post......lol

Why are you asking me how the hostage recovery is going, why not read the topic your on for the latest updates. Enough of your baiting

That I replied with two separate posts is relevant how? More deflection from you.

And it was you who raised the issues of the hostages in your reply. Hoist by your own petard much?

Just now, placeholder said:

That I replied with two separate posts is relevant how? More deflection from you.

And it was you who raised the issues of the hostages in your reply. Hoist by your own petard much?

Oh..... ok I look forward to a third then, maybe

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

No, Hamas hasn't been defeated yet , you have won on that point as well . 

Your terror group are still alive and you still are holding hostages , including babies .

Enjoy your victorious celebrations . 

I'm holding hostages? How did you find that out? It hasn't been easy locatng kosher meals for them here in Thailand. But I'm doing my best. 

Anyway, you got any different approaches at deflection to come up with? Or are you just going to keep on trying to make it personal?

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But at least it has succeeded in destroying Hamas... Or is about to... There's no doubt about that, right?

There's no doubt about that, right?

Nope. From just 3 days ago.

"You can absolutely... decapitate their leadership, dry up their resources, eliminate their infrastructure, their ability to operate, store weapons, and train troops."

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm holding hostages? How did you find that out? It hasn't been easy locatng kosher meals for them here in Thailand. But I'm doing my best. 

Anyway, you got any different approaches at deflection to come up with? Or are you just going to keep on trying to make it personal?

Don't you support the Palestinians ?

You = your group and not you personally, as you well know .

You did seem to happy about Hamas not being wiped out completely and the hostages still be hostages and the IDF retreating 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Don't you support the Palestinians ?

You = your group and not you personally, as you well know .

You did seem to happy about Hamas not being wiped out completely and the hostages still be hostages and the IDF retreating 

I would certainly have grounds for schadenfreude as the predictions of you and your fellow travelers come up croppers.

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's no doubt about that, right?

Nope. From just 3 days ago.

"You can absolutely... decapitate their leadership, dry up their resources, eliminate their infrastructure, their ability to operate, store weapons, and train troops."

It's not news or significant when a Biden Administration official continues with its policy of supporting Israel. What is interesting and significant is the breaks that are occurring with more and more frequency. And as even Kirby noted "And it is the how that the president was focused on, the way these operations are being prosecuted, and the additional harm that it being brought upon civilian aid workers and innocent Gazans."

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

It's not news or significant when a Biden Administration official continues with its policy of supporting Israel. What is interesting and significant is the breaks that are occurring with more and more frequency. And as even Kirby noted "And it is the how that the president was focused on, the way these operations are being prosecuted, and the additional harm that it being brought upon civilian aid workers and innocent Gazans."

You asked a question, I provided a reply from the White House, an authoritative source. 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I would certainly have grounds for schadenfreude as the predictions of you and your fellow travelers come up croppers.

You would enjoy if I personally suffered misfortune , like in real life .

I wouldn't enjoy anyone else's misfortune, not even Palestinian  supporters .

So, you support a terror group that kills and rapes innocent people and takes babies hostages and keeps them and you enjoy it when other people "come up croppers" .

Its plain to see that we are on different sides off the conflict .

One side is evil and nasty, and the other side isn't 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

You would enjoy if I personally suffered misfortune , like in real life .

I wouldn't enjoy anyone else's misfortune, not even Palestinian  supporters .

So, you support a terror group that kills and rapes innocent people and takes babies hostages and keeps them and you enjoy it when other people "come up croppers" .

Its plain to see that we are on different sides off the conflict .

One side is evil and nasty, and the other side isn't 

I'm not about to engage in giving you a course in remedial reading. My schadenfreude, if it exists, would be from the fact that your predictions have failed and your ignorance exposed. Much the way that I might have enjoyed the discomfort of the neocons when their predictions about Iraq failed.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You asked a question, I provided a reply from the White House, an authoritative source. 

Tell me, when the Iraq war was ongoing, did you accept White House statements as being authoritative? Naive much?

• Sad 1

I'm not about to engage in giving you a course in remedial reading. My schadenfreude, if it exists, would be from the fact that your predictions have failed and your ignorance exposed. Much the way that I might have enjoyed the discomfort of the neocons when their predictions about Iraq failed.

Which one of my predictions failed and which ignorance of mine was exposed ?

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Which one of my predictions failed and which ignorance of mine was exposed ?

Haven't the time or inclination to go back. I do recall you blaming Islam for the hatred Palestinians feel for Israel and not recognizing at all  the relevance of Israel's brutal and rapacious treatment of Palestinians for the last 50+ years. That would be proof of your ignorance.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whataboutery nonsense

Really? You claimed that a White House is an authoritative source. Because by the very nature of being a spokesman for the White House, propositions will be advanced that would run counter to the favored political narrative? It is to laugh.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really? You claimed that a White House is an authoritative source. Because by the very nature of being a spokesman for the White House, propositions will be advanced that would run counter to the favored political narrative? It is to laugh.

Really? You claimed that a White House is an authoritative source.

Yes, but I know you don't like the answer to the question you asked.

Really? You claimed that a White House is an authoritative source.

Yes, but I know you don't like the answer to the question you asked.

What I said was to the effect that it's significant that the White House has backed way off its unqualified backing of Israel. That reality has forced it and Israel's other allies to qualify their support. Unlike you, they can no longer accept, for example, that Israel is not obstructing delivery of aid to Gaza. Of course, you may have changed your tune on that issue since the last time I dropped in on this forum. Or maybe you're still supporting the relevant Israeli authorities' laughable claim in that regard. Because to you, they are still authoritative. A pretty lonely position to hold.

What I said was to the effect that it's significant that the White House has backed way off its unqualified backing of Israel. That reality has forced it and Israel's other allies to qualify their support. Unlike you, they can no longer accept, for example, that Israel is not obstructing delivery of aid to Gaza. Of course, you may have changed your tune on that issue since the last time I dropped in on this forum. Or maybe you're still supporting the relevant Israeli authorities' laughable claim in that regard. Because to you, they are still authoritative. A pretty lonely position to hold.

You asked a question, I gave a reply, its really that simple to anyone reading this:

image.png.0bff6b456a1831ec6b9fde3fb7a7bde7.png

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You asked a question, I gave a reply, its really that simple to anyone reading this:

image.png.0bff6b456a1831ec6b9fde3fb7a7bde7.png

Not only is that quote from a biased source, but if you actually think about what Kirby said, while it may be possible, nowhere does Kirby specify what it would take to accomplish that. Does Israel actually command the resources or the will to do it? Its economy was already severely hurt by just a few months of massive warfare. You seem to unreservedly believe that Israel has mostly withdrawn from Gaza as part of its strategy for victory. No scepticism at all on your part about that claim?

Not only is that quote from a biased source, but if you actually think about what Kirby said, while it may be possible, nowhere does Kirby specify what it would take to accomplish that. Does Israel actually command the resources or the will to do it? Its economy was already severely hurt by just a few months of massive warfare. You seem to unreservedly believe that Israel has mostly withdrawn from Gaza as part of its strategy for victory. No scepticism at all on your part about that claim?

The quote is from the Whitehouse, Kirby, what dishonest deflection, an ongoing theme with you after having to point out why I replied in the first place to your question

The quote is from the Whitehouse, Kirby, what dishonest deflection, an ongoing theme with you after having to point out why I replied in the first place to your question

You think that a quote from a politically biased source is authoritative? 

You think that a quote from a politically biased source is authoritative? 

Every source has some political bias but what's that to with the question you asked and the reply from the White House statement from Kirby. Nothing.

Another example of your dishonest debating and where I will leave you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Haven't the time or inclination to go back. I do recall you blaming Islam for the hatred Palestinians feel for Israel and not recognizing at all  the relevance of Israel's brutal and rapacious treatment of Palestinians for the last 50+ years. That would be proof of your ignorance.

I don't recall that , although my opinion is that the reason why the Muslim World opposes Israel is because of Religion , if Israel's were Muslims, other Muslims wouldn't care about the Palestinians , just like they don't care about the other Muslims in similar situations to the Palestinians  .

Palestinian supporters support Palestinians because of Religion , you little dig about not having Kosher food is evidence of that 

Had the Palestinians accepted an Israeli state , they would have been no need for Isreal to treat them the way they do 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't recall that , although my opinion is that the reason why the Muslim World opposes Israel is because of Religion , if Israel's were Muslims, other Muslims wouldn't care about the Palestinians , just like they don't care about the other Muslims in similar situations to the Palestinians  .

Palestinian supporters support Palestinians because of Religion , you little dig about not having Kosher food is evidence of that 

Had the Palestinians accepted an Israeli state , they would have been no need for Isreal to treat them the way they do 

Oh dear Nick...you've been at this nonstop for 6 months now, and your opinions are getting rather boring.

Take a few days off, relax, smell the flowers and come back (hopefully not) refreshed.

4 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Oh dear Nick...you've been at this nonstop for 6 months now, and your opinions are getting rather boring.

Take a few days off, relax, smell the flowers and come back (hopefully not) refreshed.

Why not add your opinion, as that what's discussions are all about 

Anyway, nice to know that you've been reading my posts for six months , I don't recall reading any of your posts about the subject 

On 4/5/2024 at 5:15 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Here we go again with the fake numbers and percentages and this and admission from Gaza Health authority themselves.

Israel-Hamas war: Gaza's morgue network has effectively collapsed - how are they recording their dead?

Of the 21,703 identified fatalities whose details have been shared by the Hamas-run health ministry, 13,207 were women, children or elderly (61%).

Until recently, however, the ministry had been reporting a figure of 72%.

Mr al Wahaidi told Sky News that this was a "media estimate". He was not able to explain the basis for this estimate or who had produced it.

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-health-system-collapse-in-gaza-leaves-authorities-struggling-to-count-the-dead-13107279

Yet another article on the dodgy Hamas death figures and women/children percentages, seem to be getting one a week now!

Hamas’s Casualty Numbers Games
As Israeli troops batter Hamas and drive its surviving forces to the southern edge of the Gaza Strip, the Gaza Health Ministry has etched in the public mind a statistic that casts Israel’s war of self-defense as a bloodbath: 70% of the dead in Gaza are women and children, the Hamas-run ministry says, and more than 30,000 lives in total have been lost. Is it true?

Yet in a series of lengthy reports, the ministry admits that the figures the media treat as authoritative rely in part on reporting from . . . the media. The ministry says its casualty counts include two types of fatalities: those recorded by medical facilities and those reported by “reliable media sources.” In its March 31 report, the ministry attributes 15,070 of the dead, or 45.9%, to news reports. From which outlets? The ministry never says.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hamass-numbers-games-civilian-death-counts-casualty-data-b99140eb

https://archive.ph/JYQFg

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet another article on the dodgy Hamas death figures and women/children percentages, seem to be getting one a week now!

Hamas’s Casualty Numbers Games
As Israeli troops batter Hamas and drive its surviving forces to the southern edge of the Gaza Strip, the Gaza Health Ministry has etched in the public mind a statistic that casts Israel’s war of self-defense as a bloodbath: 70% of the dead in Gaza are women and children, the Hamas-run ministry says, and more than 30,000 lives in total have been lost. Is it true?

Yet in a series of lengthy reports, the ministry admits that the figures the media treat as authoritative rely in part on reporting from . . . the media. The ministry says its casualty counts include two types of fatalities: those recorded by medical facilities and those reported by “reliable media sources.” In its March 31 report, the ministry attributes 15,070 of the dead, or 45.9%, to news reports. From which outlets? The ministry never says.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hamass-numbers-games-civilian-death-counts-casualty-data-b99140eb

https://archive.ph/JYQFg

Very nice OPINION piece as stated, we will probably never know the full cost in human lives until all the bodies under the rubble are included in the count.

7 April 2024:

Israel steps up preparation for Rafah invasion despite Western warnings

The EU and U.S. have warned of a humanitarian catastrophe if Israel goes ahead with its planned offensive.

The U.S. and other Western allies have repeatedly called on Israel not to launch an all-out attack on Rafah, the last remaining area that has not come under the control of the IDF; Washington has called for a more targeted approach that would minimize civilian casualties.
In a statement when the operation was initially announced in February, the EU’s top diplomat, Josep Borrell, said the bloc “is very concerned about Israeli government plans for a possible ground operation in Rafah, where well over a million Palestinians are currently sheltering from the fighting.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-troops-prepare-rafah-invasion-gaza/