Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO western MSM is as complicit with israel as Biden and Sunak are. The only one I give any credence to is Al Jazeera, but it's getting hard to watch the atrocities as they become more outrageous.

The only one I give any credence to is Al Jazeera

Of course you do chap. Where else would you go but the terrorist supporters fan club Al Jazeera

For most Palestinians, October 7’s savagery is literally unbelievable. Blame the TV news?

Al Jazeera and others largely ignored Hamas atrocities, bolstering distrust of Israeli accounts; one poll found 97% in West Bank deny the monstrous acts committed against civilians.

No Israeli civilians were killed in the October 7 onslaught on communities near Gaza, Palestinian diplomat Abdullah Abu Shawesh claimed matter of factly to Al Jazeera last week. Accounts of rape and other atrocities “were lies,” he said, dismissing the overwhelming evidence that Hamas’s slaughter of 1,200 people in southern Israel included indiscriminate massacres and sexual violence.

On the Palestinian street, Shawesh’s claims are not the views of a fringe conspiracy theorist, but rather reflective of mainstream beliefs, with polling and other evidence showing high levels of denialism regarding the savagery visited upon southern Israel that day.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-most-palestinians-october-7s-savagery-is-literally-unbelievable-blame-the-tv-news/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Shocking report from UNICEF, saying  this kid is eating grass to try to stay alive. 

600 aid trucks waiting to be distributed (not full of grass)! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

IF it were me I would like to have an idea who did it, and IF I were a Palestinian citizen, I would attempt to kill as many Israeli's as I could.

OTOH IF I were an Israeli citizen, I would probably feel the same way.

However IF I were an IDF soldier and was ordered to kill Palestinian women and children I would hope that I could refuse that illegal order, even though I would end up in the glasshouse, because the order IS illegal, no matter what Netanyahu and his war cabinet say.

Have IDF been told to execute women and children....?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Have IDF been told to execute women and children....?

Ask the relatives and/or the survivors of the 30,xxx Palestinian dead, and 70,xxx injured and the countless bodies buried in the rubble of their houses and apartment blocks.

if you can find any survivors.

Don't believe anything that comes from the Israeli government or the IDF.

Watch this video posted by Jeff the Chef and ponder on it.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/4/11/does-israel-twist-humanitarian-law-to-justify-gaza-carnage

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Does Israel twist humanitarian law to justify Gaza carnage?
UN Special Rapporteur Francesca Albanese explains how Israel justifies its killing and mass destruction in Gaza.
To the United Nations official tasked with reporting on Palestinian human rights, international law is clear: Israel should withdraw from the territories it occupied in 1967.

Instead, Israel aims for the “impossibility to continue civil life in Gaza,” as UN Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories Francesca Albanese tells host Steve Clemons.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/4/11/does-israel-twist-humanitarian-law-to-justify-gaza-carnage

Thank you for that video. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, billd766 said:

Ask the relatives and/or the survivors of the 30,xxx Palestinian dead, and 70,xxx injured and the countless bodies buried in the rubble of their houses and apartment blocks.

That is not an answer to my question, which was, has the IDF been ordered to execute women and children, which to me has been implied....?  🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

That is not an answer to my question, which was, has the IDF been ordered to execute women and children, which to me has been implied....?  🤔

That IS the answer to your question.

Do you really think that the IDF would admit to it as the truth?

I have no idea why you are asking that question of me or anyone else on AN who get their information from the same sources that you do.

Which of course is the internet.

I doubt if anyone on AN has actually been to Gaza since October. I doubt if the Israeli government or the IDF, would even allow them entry to the occupied country and especially to the areas that the IDF are fighting over. Do you?

You asked a question and I answered it as best I could and honestly.

If you don't like my answer, that is not my problem.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

"Hypocrites in the West don't care about starving children if they can't blame the Jews"

Its not the starving Children that are of any concern to pro Palestinians , they just use starving Children to attack Israel , even if the starving Children have nothing to do with Israel .

Sickening that they use starving Children to further their political goals

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The IDF have been hunting down Hamas , and that is the reason for deaths .

The IDF are poised to attack Rafah which is the last Hamas strong hold , Hamas can evacuate all the civilians' to other areas , if Hamas hide among the civilians , then Hamas will be responsible for any civilian  deaths in Gaza .

The ball is in Hamas's court , what are they going to do ?

Wil Hamas all die together alone , or will they be taking many civilians with them ?

Up to them 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have no idea why you are asking that question of me or anyone else on AN who get their information from the same sources that you do.

Which of course is the internet.

I doubt if anyone on AN has actually been to Gaza since October. I doubt if the Israeli government or the IDF, would even allow them entry to the occupied country and especially to the areas that the IDF are fighting over. Do you?

You asked a question and I answered it as best I could and honestly.

If you don't like my answer, that is not my problem.

That is no answer, casualties of this war does not mean, or has been stated, execute women and children......

You were in the military, you joined up, you understood the job, the job the military does, kill, and in any war civilians get killed, you knew that when you joined, now you are questioning Israel for doing what you joined the military for....🤔

1 minute ago, Danny Australia said:

Proof? How about over 33,000 dead people including 14,000 children and over 100,000 injured? What about 4 grandchildren of Hamas leader killed just yesterday?

IDF or Shen Beit won't issue an official stamped letter of such order. It does not work like that.  

I asked for proof, IDF ordered to kill women and children, you have nothing.........🤗

Just the fatalities of war figures......🙄

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

600 aid trucks waiting to be distributed (not full of grass)! 

Getting too desperate by relying on lies from a sacked chief liar/propagandist Eylon Levy.

Israel systematically destroyed roads and infrastructure making transportation almost impossible then have the audacity of criticizing UN for not being able to transport aid trucks efficiently.

Incredible twisting of facts.  

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

That is no answer, casualties of this war does not mean, or has been stated, execute women and children......

You were in the military, you joined up, you understood the job, the job the military does, kill, and in any war civilians get killed, you knew that when you joined, now you are questioning Israel for doing what you joined the military for....🤔

No one joins the military to kill children. If such orders are given you must refuse them, especially when Israel keeps claiming falsely to be the most ethical army in the world.

High toll of civilians killed is a clear indication of the existence of such policy.

Again, you will never find a signed official order to kill women and children. Israelis not that stupid and good at covering their tracks, especially when it comes to a plausible genocide.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Getting too desperate by relying on lies from a sacked chief liar/propagandist Eylon Levy.

Israel systematically destroyed roads and infrastructure making transportation almost impossible then have the audacity of criticizing UN for not being able to transport aid trucks efficiently.

Gaza is so small, that the food and the people are within walking distance to each other .

The people can walk to the food trucks , roads are not necessary 

Just now, Danny Australia said:

No one joins the military to kill children. If such orders are given you must refuse them, especially when Israel keeps claiming falsely to be the most ethical army in the world.

High toll of civilians killed is a clear indication of the existence of such policy.

Again, you will never find a signed official order to kill women and children. Israelis not that stupid and good at covering their tracks, especially when it comes to a plausible genocide.

I think most soldiers are acting emotionally or out of fear, which is not professional. Understandably, they are worried about the consequences of them killing children, maybe in a religious sense or maybe about their own children being targeted in the future.

5 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Yeah let's quote from AJ and other Conspiracy sites. Desperate equates to a poster/troll posting that Palestians are eating grass, perleease!

And what do you know about facts.... absolutely nothing!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Once again , this war has a very low target to civilian casualty rate .

In other wars , the civilian casualty rate is much higher .

That is also with Hamas's inflated casualty figures 

• Like 1

So bombing in any war excludes killing children...............🙄

Vietnam, Korea, Germany, Japan, England etc, etc, children were taken into consideration regarding bombing, you are joking...............🙄

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I am laughing at you.......😂

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think most soldiers are acting emotionally or out of fear, which is not professional. Understandably, they are worried about the consequences of them killing children, maybe in a religious sense or maybe about their own children being targeted in the future.

Morally, the IDF wouldn't target and kill innocent Children .

Lets not forget that it was Hamas that deliberately  targeted innocent Children , it hasn't been the Israelis doing that 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Nice twist to my words.

NO, I did NOT join the military to kill women and children.

If I had been ordered to whilst I was still in the military, I hope I would have the courage to refuse that order.

That is the same answer that I gave when I replied to your hypothetical question that you asked earlier.

From what I remember from my 25 years in the military, I don't believe that any officer or SNCO would have issued that order anyway.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Gaza is so small, that the food and the people are within walking distance to each other .

The people can walk to the food trucks , roads are not necessary 

You unintentionally just admitted that Israel has indeed destroyed all roads and infrastructure.

Very cruel remark though. You asking women or disabled people on wheel chairs to walk few kilometers and carry a 50 kg sack of flour on their backs??

How about their safety? Israel has been killing people who gather around aid trucks. Have you heard of the Flour massacre? Gaza aid delivery: Videos and eyewitness accounts cast doubt on Israel’s timeline of food distribution that turned deadly | CNN

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually thought that :cheesy:

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Desperate indeed. These Zionists have chosen a side, realize they were wrong and just can't bring themselves to admit it. 

You should concentrate on your own thought process and how that works , rather than tying to work out how mine works 

Just now, billd766 said:

Nice twist to my words.

NO, I did NOT join the military to kill women and children.

If I had been ordered to whilst I was still in the military, I hope I would have the courage to refuse that order.

That is the same answer that I gave when I replied to your hypothetical question that you asked earlier.

From what I remember from my 25 years in the military, I don't believe that any officer or SNCO would have issued that order anyway.

You are twisting MY words, you joined the R.A.F., did the R.A.F. use bombers that killed anything under them, including children...Yes or No......?