Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Forensic Architecture probe concludes Israeli tank likely killed Palestinian child Hind Rajab 

Five-year-old Hind Rajab's mother said she was injured and trapped in a car with relatives in northern Gaza.
Investigation reveals Rajab's car was hit with 355 bullets and finds it 'not plausible' that Israeli tank couldn't see children inside car

Forensic Architecture said that the gun used for this attack was "firing at a range of 750–900 rounds per minute", and that this range exceeds that of the AK-type assault rifle that is commonly attributed to Palestinian fighters operating in Gaza.

"This range of rounds per minute is consistent with Israeli army-issued weaponry such as the M4 assault rifle or the FN MAG machine gun on a Merkava tank," the investigation said.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/forensic-architecture-probe-says-israeli-tank-fire-likely-killed-palestinian-child-hind-rajab

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Forensic Architecture probe concludes Israeli tank likely killed Palestinian child Hind Rajab 

Five-year-old Hind Rajab's mother said she was injured and trapped in a car with relatives in northern Gaza.
Investigation reveals Rajab's car was hit with 355 bullets and finds it 'not plausible' that Israeli tank couldn't see children inside car

Forensic Architecture said that the gun used for this attack was "firing at a range of 750–900 rounds per minute", and that this range exceeds that of the AK-type assault rifle that is commonly attributed to Palestinian fighters operating in Gaza.

"This range of rounds per minute is consistent with Israeli army-issued weaponry such as the M4 assault rifle or the FN MAG machine gun on a Merkava tank," the investigation said.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/forensic-architecture-probe-says-israeli-tank-fire-likely-killed-palestinian-child-hind-rajab

So the conclusion was it it was "likely" and not definitely .

So it might have been the IDF firing and it might have been Hamas .

So, they dont know who fired the bullets

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

"As a man sows, so shall he reap."

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So the conclusion was it it was "likely" and not definitely .

So it might have been the IDF firing and it might have been Hamas .

So, they dont know who fired the bullets

Well it was "likely" fired by the Israel Defence Forces the most moral soldiers in the world in a Merkava tank.

Earshot found that with the minimum registered interval of 24 milliseconds, this tank would have to have been positioned just 13 metres away from the car. With the maximum interval of 40 milliseconds, the tank would have still been only 23 metres away from the car. This analysis suggests that the tank had to be positioned within close range (13–23 metres) of the car when it fired the shots that killed Layan. At such proximity, it is not plausible that the shooter could not have seen that the car was occupied by civilians, including children.

Earshot’s audio ballistic analysis supports the final words of Layan Hamada: the gunfire came from a tank that was next to them.

https://forensic-architecture.org/investigation/the-killing-of-hind-rajab

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So it might not have been the IDF , just "likely" .

I suppose one of the Hamas terrorists could have knocked on the tanks door and asked if they could have a go with the tanks FN MAG machine gun to shoot up a Kia Picanto that was up to 23 meters away, now is that possible or likely?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

‘Happening again’: Guantanamo victims say Israel using ‘US-style’ torture

Former prisoners who suffered mistreatment in US detention facilities say Israeli abuse of Palestinian detainees follows the same patterns.

When former Guantanamo detainee Asadullah Haroon looks at pictures of Palestinians being held in Israeli prisons, the memories of his own abuse and torture in United States detention centres come flooding back.

“This is the worst form of oppression,” he says. “When you are labelled as a terrorist you cannot defend yourself in any way. Without a doubt it’s the same process; they are torturing the people in the same way. I think the Americans have made this and the Israelis are implementing it.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/6/22/happening-again-guantanamo-victims-say-israel-using-us-style-torture

I'm waiting for Al Jazeera to pass this one on........when  it gets to the stage they are asking ex detanees at Guantanamo then it says it all

image.png.3a791e679b5e3de1590bbe55500e209e.pnghttps://x.com/Mr_Andrew_Fox/status/1804076959279763871

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I suppose one of the Hamas terrorists could have knocked on the tanks door and asked if they could have a go with the tanks FN MAG machine gun to shoot up a Kia Picanto that was up to 23 meters away, now is that possible or likely?

There were also bullets that came in from the other side , where Hamas were firing from , those bullets may have caused the death 

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm waiting for Al Jazeera to pass this one on........when  it gets to the stage they are asking ex detanees at Guantanamo then it says it all

Haroon, who won his case against the US government for illegal imprisonment in 2021, was held without charge in the notorious Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba for 16 years following his arrest in 2007. Without a doubt, he says, Palestinians held in Israeli prisons now are enduring similar treatment to that he experienced.

“It’s like in the first days when I was arrested, I was beaten to an extent that I was standing; I couldn’t sit down or if I was sitting down and beaten up, I couldn’t get up. Same with insomnia and I was assaulted for several days. A lot of the prisoners were bitten by dogs. We were provided very little medical care.

“Physical torture was really bad but the worst was mental torture in different forms. I believe there isn’t much of a difference in the torture of prisoners of Palestine, Guantanamo, Bagram and Abu Ghraib.”

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Haroon, who won his case against the US government for illegal imprisonment in 2021, was held without charge in the notorious Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba for 16 years following his arrest in 2007. Without a doubt, he says, Palestinians held in Israeli prisons now are enduring similar treatment to that he experienced.

“It’s like in the first days when I was arrested, I was beaten to an extent that I was standing; I couldn’t sit down or if I was sitting down and beaten up, I couldn’t get up. Same with insomnia and I was assaulted for several days. A lot of the prisoners were bitten by dogs. We were provided very little medical care.

“Physical torture was really bad but the worst was mental torture in different forms. I believe there isn’t much of a difference in the torture of prisoners of Palestine, Guantanamo, Bagram and Abu Ghraib.”

Well as long as he says so that's it then............:cheesy:

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The US rendered Asadullah to Guantánamo 2007. His family feared him dead for many years and for the first nine years of his captivity, he did not have access to a lawyer, despite multiple attempts to obtain legal representation. Reprieve and the law firm Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss filed a writ for a petition of habeas corpus on his behalf in 2016, in which they demanded his release. 

After years of litigation, in October 2021, they prevailed: the District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that Asadullah’s detention was not legal, because he had only been a part of Hezb-e-Islami (HIA), a group that has been formally at peace since 2016, and he was not a part of Al Qaeda. The judge thus ordered his release. Asadullah was the first Guantánamo Bay detainee in over ten years to win a habeas case.  

https://reprieve.org/uk/2022/06/24/release-of-guantanamo-detainee-asadullah-haroon-gul-who-was-unlawfully-imprisoned/

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The US rendered Asadullah to Guantánamo 2007. His family feared him dead for many years and for the first nine years of his captivity, he did not have access to a lawyer, despite multiple attempts to obtain legal representation. Reprieve and the law firm Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss filed a writ for a petition of habeas corpus on his behalf in 2016, in which they demanded his release. 

After years of litigation, in October 2021, they prevailed: the District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that Asadullah’s detention was not legal, because he had only been a part of Hezb-e-Islami (HIA), a group that has been formally at peace since 2016, and he was not a part of Al Qaeda. The judge thus ordered his release. Asadullah was the first Guantánamo Bay detainee in over ten years to win a habeas case.  

https://reprieve.org/uk/2022/06/24/release-of-guantanamo-detainee-asadullah-haroon-gul-who-was-unlawfully-imprisoned/

Did you email reprieve to show support because his back ground is nothing to do with this topic

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did you email reprieve to show support because his back ground is nothing to do with this topic

Only trying to keep you informed after your comedy post.

• Agree 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Only trying to keep you informed after your comedy post.

It wasn't a comedy post, the fact some people take in that rubbish is laughable or sad, I decided to laugh. But again you keep on the off topic nonsense

Back to the topic and a lovely targeted strike:

A squad commander in Hamas's elite Nukha force during the October 7 terror onslaught was killed in a recent airstrike in northern Gaza's Beit Hanoun, the military says.

52 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I believe there isn’t much of a difference in the torture of prisoners of Palestine, Guantanamo, Bagram and Abu Ghraib.”

Could you ask Haroon as to why he thinks that there are similarities between the two ?

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It wasn't a comedy post, the fact some people take in that rubbish is laughable or sad, I decided to laugh. But again you keep on the off topic nonsense

Back to the topic and a lovely targeted strike:

A squad commander in Hamas's elite Nukha force during the October 7 terror onslaught was killed in a recent airstrike in northern Gaza's Beit Hanoun, the military says.

Great shot and no civilian casualties, wonders will never cease 🍉

Great shot and no civilian casualties, wonders will never cease 🍉

Sounds like you are disappointed that there were no civilian causalities. As its still quire recent, Hamas may yet claim that 500 innocent  Woman and Children also died in the attack 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Sounds like you are disappointed that there were no civilian causalities. As its still quire recent, Hamas may yet claim that 500 innocent  Woman and Children also died in the attack 

You never know, maybe the most moral army in the world got one right for a change, eventually, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. DF

• Agree 1

You never know, maybe the most moral army in the world got one right for a change, eventually, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. DF

They keep getting it right......

The IDF publishes footage showing a strike on a group of gunmen gathered outside what it says is a humanitarian aid warehouse in southern Gaza's Rafah.

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Civilians die in all wars .

You seem to think that this Gaza war is the first and only time that civilians  have been killed in a war 

• Like 1

Why oh why did he save the rats life..:saai:

He saved the life of Hamas’s leader. Then they murdered his nephew

Bitton spent years working as a dentist in Israel’s Nafha Prison. It was there he met “the person” – Yahya Sinwar, a Hamas militant convicted of murder who would go on to become the group’s leader in Gaza – saying he saved his life by helping diagnose a brain tumor.

Asked for his assessment of Sinwar’s mindset, Bitton says the Hamas leader is mainly concerned with staying in power.

He believes Sinwar would be “willing to sacrifice even 100,000 Palestinians in order to ensure the survival of his rule.”

“He is willing to pay with the lives of militants, Hamas members, civilians. He doesn’t care.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/20/middleeast/israeli-dentist-hamas-yahya-sinwar-intl/index.html

image.png.2f8d70fe0ce550da7409a0a865c7d10d.png