Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

15 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

It's NPR! Where do your links get their figures? The IDF? Israel's government? 

I have never projected any figures, never felt the need to. The only definitive number is the murdered Israelis at 1106 and over a 100 hostages still in captivity and being abused daily.🥴

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

30,000 or whatever the real number is (and it includes terrorists regardless) would have never happened without October 7.

Where are the bomb shelters in Gaza? Oh, I forgot, Hamas didn't build any and used civilians as human shields for propaganda purposes.

You are right, this is how insurgents fights, cowardly using civilians as shields, and we see the results. This is how it will be played out when their enemy is in totally controll and supress larger groups of people for a very long time, restrict their freedom, prisoners in their own land. 

It is easy to make it black and white, but still nobody have right, when choosing one side over the other without trying too see the whole picture, or willing to understand basic human responds to totalitarian  control. 

Israel have for many years kidnapped young boys, often in the night, imprisoned them for trowing stones. Tortured them, how do you think this change the mindset of a whole population by time? You see what you want to see, you feel what you want to feel, if there is any haters here, it is going to be those who solely choose one side of this conflict

"An estimated 10,000 Palestinian children have been held in military detention over the past 20 years, with Save the Children noting that they are “the only children in the world who are systematically prosecuted in military courts.” As of Nov. 20, Israeli forces had arrested as many as 880 Palestinian children this year, a practice made possible under Israel’s draconian military laws"

https://time.com/6548068/palestinian-children-israeli-prison-arrested/

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Interesting, from your link. Most deaths are recorded via hospitals etc however.......................

The other 13,000 or so deaths in its overall total of 30,000 are based on accounts from "reliable media sources," though the ministry doesn't cite or say which sources those are.

So Hamas are telling us that 13,000 of those are from reliable sources but will not say who they are..........

Oh and of course there is another 13,000 that has to be taken off that total who are the Hamas terrorists killed.

Topic on figures here:

How the Gaza Ministry of Health Fakes Casualty Numbers

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321887-how-the-gaza-ministry-of-health-fakes-casualty-numbers/

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I have never projected any figures, never felt the need to. The only definitive number is the murdered Israelis at 1106 and over a 100 hostages still in captivity and being abused daily.🥴

So you're not concerned with the 30,000 or 20,000 or 10,000 Palestinians who have been killed in Gaza? Do you value Israeli lives over Palestinian lives? 

Just now, WDSmart said:

So you're not concerned with the 30,000 or 20,000 or 10,000 Palestinians who have been killed in Gaza? Do you value Israeli lives over Palestinian lives? 

How many were terrorists? And don't try and put words into my mouth please. 

Call me a sceptic if you like but I don't believe in those figures in all its entirety, there is no doubt that figures can and indeed are being manipulated to suit ones propaganda agenda, but you believe them and that's all that counts.

How many were terrorists? And don't try and put words into my mouth please. 

Call me a sceptic if you like but I don't believe in those figures in all its entirety, there is no doubt that figures can and indeed are being manipulated to suit ones propaganda agenda, but you believe them and that's all that counts.

Okay, but you've seen the photos. In many places, ALL the buildings were destroyed. People were lying dead in the rubble. They weren't all Hamas terrorists. The reports I've read say 30,000. So you don't believe that. How many do you think there might be? 20,000? 10,000? How about only 5,000?

My question again is, do you value Israeli lives over Palestinian lives? 

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

Okay, but you've seen the photos. In many places, ALL the buildings were destroyed. People were lying dead in the rubble. They weren't all Hamas terrorists. The reports I've read say 30,000. So you don't believe that. How many do you think there might be? 20,000? 10,000? How about only 5,000?

Have you seen the photos of London, Dresden, Hiroshima.........?

Now give me an explanation........?

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Jews will forever meet problems from Jew haters who always have an excuse for their Jew hatred.

The excuses are quite often completely contradictory as well.

Jews are weak vermin. Jews control the world. Jews have space lasers. You could go on with this sickness for days.

This is why the ideology of Zionism developed in the first place. A safe haven of political self-determination. 

But Herzl's initial project was secular and considered several places to settle in, including in Africa and South America. Then the rigorous, religious fringe came into play and gradually took over.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Have you seen the photos of London, Dresden, Hiroshima.........?

Now give me an explanation........?

Overkill...

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I saw the photo of the Gazan hospital when Hamas claimed it was hit by an Israeli missile and they claimed that 500 people had lost their lives when infact it was an own goal by one of their own rockets, they have lied from day one and you believe every word that comes out of their lying mouths, more fool you.

I don't value terrorists lives one iota.

• Like 2

I saw the photo of the Gazan hospital when Hamas claimed it was hit by an Israeli missile and they claimed that 500 people had lost their lives when infact it was an own goal by one of their own rockets, they have lied from day one and you believe every word that comes out of their lying mouths, more fool you.

I don't value terrorists lives one iota.

Wow! I'm beginning to understand where the first part of your AseanNow name, "Wobbly," comes from. You seem to be unable to answer a simple question.

When I am asked a direct question, I immediately respond with "Yes," "No," or "I don't know," perhaps followed by my now-famous "but" and a clarification of my answer.

I'll try a third time with you... My question was not about terrorist lives, it was about Palestinians' lives. 

Do you value Israeli lives more than Palestinian lives?

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Wow! I'm beginning to understand where the first part of your AseanNow name, "Wobbly," comes from. You seem to be unable to answer a simple question.

When I am asked a direct question, I immediately respond with "Yes," "No," or "I don't know," perhaps followed by my now-famous "but" and a clarification of my answer.

I'll try a third time with you... My question was not about terrorist lives, it was about Palestinians' lives. 

Do you value Israeli lives more than Palestinian lives?

I owe a man that makes up words and attributes them to me nothing, you cannot dictate on an open forum by asking loaded questions. Posters will respond in any manner they chose (that does not include lying of course like some posters do) you have been outed by your disingenuous posts, it is time you own what you write. 

You do not know how to handle being on a forum and has little knowledge how one works. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

So, you have no answer, I am not surprised.......😋 

I answered, "Overkill," I think the bombings in London, Dresden, and especially Hiroshima were "overkill." They were done in excess and caused many, many needless deaths of non-combatants.

Is that answer good enough for you? 

I owe a man that makes up words and attributes them to me nothing, you cannot dictate on an open forum by asking loaded questions. Posters will respond in any manner they chose (that does not include lying of course like some posters do) you have been outed by your disingenuous posts, it is time you own what you write. 

You do not know how to handle being on a forum and has little knowledge how one works. 

Wobble, Wobble, Wobble...

My answer to my question would have been "No."

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I answered, "Overkill," I think the bombings in London, Dresden, and especially Hiroshima were "overkill." They were done in excess and caused many, many needless deaths of non-combatants.

Is that answer good enough for you? 

So you can't see the connection...............🤣

Just now, WDSmart said:

Wobble, Wobble, Wobble...

My answer to my question would have been "No."

Says the man that refuses to show me the quote he made up about me. 😂😂😂

You are not David Dimbleby as much as you think you are. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

So you can't see the connection...............🤣

I answered the question.

Are you now asking if I see the connection between those bombings and why they were done? Or the connection of those bombings with the bombings of Gaza? In both cases, my answer would be the same.

Those bombings and the bombings in Gaza were done to completely decimate large enemy cities, knowing it would mean the deaths of mainly non-combatants, in the hopes of convincing their military forces not to continue fighting. It was wrong then, and it is wrong now.

Overkill... 

18 minutes ago, transam said:

Just for you...."Children Killers", OK now.....☺️

I mean as there are lots of fake news and factual inaccuracies regarding this issue, what are you referring to when you mention children killers?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Says the man that refuses to show me the quote he made up about me. 😂😂😂

You are not David Dimbleby as much as you think you are. 

I've told you before that I don't make up quotes. I do sometimes interpret what you say, but I do not claim it was a quote. What I think you are talking about is where I said you claimed I was "justifying" Oct 7 or something like that. And I do claim you have accused me of that. That is all I remember about what I think this is about.

I don't "justify" terrorism, but (and there's the "but" again!) I do attempt to explain why I think the perpetrators justify them.

13 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I mean as there are lots of fake news and factual inaccuracies regarding this issue, what are you referring to when you mention children killers?

You missed out "intentional"........😏

Edited by transam
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

It was not a child free killing zone on Oct 7th. There were dozens of children murdered. There is no question of fake news there. 

"two infants, 12 other children under the age of 10, 36 civilians aged 10-19"

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

I assume you mean "intentional"?

So, what are you referring to when you mention intentional children kiilers?

Yes, intentional.......

How come you don't understand, what is your confusion......?

Is anybody else confused..?  :huh:

8 minutes ago, transam said:

You missed out "intensional"........😏

I wouldn't call the IDF "intentional" children killers. I'd use the adjective "indiscriminate." 

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I wouldn't call the IDF "intentional" children killers. I'd use the adjective "indiscriminate." 

You would, because you are antisemite.........:coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1