12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

When did I say I was smarter than everyone else? Please quote a post where i have said that.

I am not worried about a couple of hundred dollars. It's more the principle of not allowing someone to cheat me without retribution.

Given the political statements you have made on other threads, it's obvious you and principles are complete strangers.

It is karma.

6 hours ago, Dolf said:

It is karma.

It's going to be karma for the guy who is trying to scam me.

Tell me, O omniscient one. You have never dictated your card details over the phone to make a purchase?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It's going to be karma for the guy who is trying to scam me.

Tell me, O omniscient one. You have never dictated your card details over the phone to make a purchase?

Not for many years.

Update:

The fraud department of my bank has classified the three Uber Eats transactions as fraudulent, based on evidence provided by me.

The manager of the car rental business is refunding my $100. His email to me I thought was very funny, as it demonstrated his approach to customer relations.

Quote:

Mr ###########

You obviously have nothing to do.

You have a Gmail Account which asks for credit card numbers and must have other accounts.

Your personal details have been compromised in Thailand whilst searching for Car hire in Australia.

I am not going to entertain you any further.

Your deposit will be refunded.

Good Luck.

• Sad 1

Woke up in the morning. Three SMS on my phone. Two around 0100 or so, saying a transaction on my Bangkok Bank credit card was declined. Third SMS, at 0500, saying 21000 odd baht paid on Agoda using my credit card. Called up the bank immediately and wrote emails. Blocked my card. Eventually, after a month's "investigation", BBL did not charge me. Issued me a new card but I lost all the points accumulated on the old card. Small price to pay. 

On 3/12/2024 at 9:07 AM, Lacessit said:

Update:

The fraud department of my bank has classified the three Uber Eats transactions as fraudulent, based on evidence provided by me.

The manager of the car rental business is refunding my $100. His email to me I thought was very funny, as it demonstrated his approach to customer relations.

Quote:

Mr ###########

You obviously have nothing to do.

You have a Gmail Account which asks for credit card numbers and must have other accounts.

Your personal details have been compromised in Thailand whilst searching for Car hire in Australia.

I am not going to entertain you any further.

Your deposit will be refunded.

Good Luck.

Far out! Go say Hi when you get to Oz, bet you a quid he aint a 'true blue'! 

On 3/13/2024 at 11:50 AM, Olmate said:

Far out! Go say Hi when you get to Oz, bet you a quid he aint a 'true blue'! 

Further development:

UBER EATS in Australia is refusing to provide details to my bank about where the food orders have been delivered to.

In other words, they are aiding and abetting the fraud.

Update 14/3. The bond amount has been returned to my account.

The business wanted me to quote a card number to refund the money to. I quoted my BSB and account number instead.

They've already compromised one card, I don't know why they think I would risk their security a second time.

• Agree 1

Final post on this thread.

The details of my experience have been reported to ScamWatch Australia. UBER EATS may have some questions to answer, coming from a government authority.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 9:01 PM, Lacessit said:

Final post on this thread.

The details of my experience have been reported to ScamWatch Australia. UBER EATS may have some questions to answer, coming from a government authority.

I said final post, I was wrong. A new twist in the tale.

I had lodged a dispute with my bank, about the $100 deposit to the car rental company. The manager grudgingly gave me back my deposit after I arrived in Australia.

Meantime, my bank yesterday credited my account for $100, by reversing the original deposit transaction. The manager has 30 days to claim it back.

The shoe is on the other foot. I am holding his money, whereas before he was holding mine.

He could have avoided the situation by refunding the deposit immediately, instead of trying to bulldoze me.

Karma.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I said final post, I was wrong. A new twist in the tale.

I had lodged a dispute with my bank, about the $100 deposit to the car rental company. The manager grudgingly gave me back my deposit after I arrived in Australia.

Meantime, my bank yesterday credited my account for $100, by reversing the original deposit transaction. The manager has 30 days to claim it back.

The shoe is on the other foot. I am holding his money, whereas before he was holding mine.

He could have avoided the situation by refunding the deposit immediately, instead of trying to bulldoze me.

Karma.

Well done! Thanks for the update.