Biz class flights to UK

Looking at Biz class flights for 2 pax to either Manchester / Birmingham or LHR, best i've found so far is about 280-300K baht with decent airlines, Emirates / Qatar etc.

Anyone any recent recommendations or ones to avoid?

Thanks.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Looking at Biz class flights for 2 pax to either Manchester / Birmingham or LHR, best i've found so far is about 280-300K baht with decent airlines, Emirates / Qatar etc.

Thanks.

Went Qatar Q class last year, they cancelled paid for reserved seats, no refund. All stuck on the boarding bridge for 35 minutes in the heat, food absolutely disgusting and worse than their economy class, seat broken. Emirates for me in the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Went Qatar Q class last year, they cancelled paid for reserved seats, no refund. All stuck on the boarding bridge for 35 minutes in the heat, food absolutely disgusting and worse than their economy class, seat broken. Emirates for me in the future.

Q-Class ???    Do you mean Q-Suites ? (in Buisness Class ???)...  or do you mean Q-Ticketing Class (with is the lowest fare of Economy) ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Q-Class ???    Do you mean Q-Suites ? (in Buisness Class ???)...  or do you mean Q-Ticketing Class (with is the lowest fare of Economy) ?

Q class as in business class

To London:-

EVA is direct and good.

Finnair is also an option via a quiet and calm Helsinki, and around 120k bht return - in their new funky seat.

Edited by coops
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, proton said:
31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK... Qatar Airways Q-Suites then ?... 

You mentioned that you'd lost your paid for seat reservations - but in business class (with Qatar Airways) and every other business class flight I've taken with other airlines there is no additional cost for booking the seat. 

And then you mention that the Business Class food with Qatar Airways is worse than their economy food ?....   quite an inaccurate comment.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Thanks.

I booked biz class to US on Emirates last month to fly this month....I paid in US$ and it cost a hair over $5000 which is about 150,000 baht. 280-300k sounds about right for two people. I assume pax means passengers. 

I have flown the Manchester route on Emirates few times in the past and it has always been jam packed, so economy, even on the A380 is cramped. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK... Qatar Airways Q-Suites then ?... 

You mentioned that you'd lost your paid for seat reservations - but in business class (with Qatar Airways) and every other business class flight I've taken with other airlines there is no additional cost for booking the seat. 

And then you mention that the Business Class food with Qatar Airways is worse than their economy food ?....   quite an inaccurate comment.

well there was when I booked last year, 62 UK pounds each leg. Changed planes so auto changed the seats, and no notification. First they agreed to a refund then backtracked as the seat I did get, by checking in 5 hours early, was similar to the one i reserved.

Food requested lacto vegetarian, was served lo calorie vegetarian, inedible. Offered the vegan option, also inedible. Their economy offerings not only got the special meal right but was better. The drink selection was good, but not worth the money.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, coops said:

Finnair is also an option via a quiet and calm Helsinki, and around 120k bht return - in their new funky seat.

Finnair no longer do 'same-day' connections for HEL-MAN or MAN-HEL, but it's a nice place for a layover.

I just did a 2 week hop back to blighty.  EK was as ever great on the way there, I had my favourite window seat at the back, the aisle seats take 30% off my enjoyment of those flights for sure.  Chauffeur drive seems to have been downgraded somewhat on arrival (it was perfect in BKK).  Was a junk VW of some sort at LGW, I thought I had got into a taxi by mistake.  Came back EVA, really enjoyed it, apart from LHR T2 but can't blame them for that.  Service was exceptional and the first direct flight I've taken in a while made a pleasant change.

Edited by Upnotover

Thanks for all the comments ( apart from Dick Smith with his normal drivel ).

I'm gold with emirates and fly with them once or twice a month for work ( cattle unfortunately ) but yeah sounds like they'll be hard to beat.

Both flights, BKK-DXB and DXB-MAN would be A380 so that's what i'll probably go for.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Thanks.

I can recommend first class on EVA Taipei-Bangkok-LHR.

21 hours ago, proton said:

well there was when I booked last year, 62 UK pounds each leg. Changed planes so auto changed the seats, and no notification. First they agreed to a refund then backtracked as the seat I did get, by checking in 5 hours early, was similar to the one i reserved.

Food requested lacto vegetarian, was served lo calorie vegetarian, inedible. Offered the vegan option, also inedible. Their economy offerings not only got the special meal right but was better. The drink selection was good, but not worth the money.

Very odd - I do not know of any  airline that charges extra over the cost of the Business Class ticket alone to select a seat….

(I fly QR a lot - Gold Tier).

This is why I asked if it was a business or eco seat you were tickets for - it still appears as though you are talking about Economy Class seating. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

I travelled back with Emirates, there are obviously benefits travelling Business Class but the food you get is the same as economy only served on a proper plate. The breakfast was very poor, dried up, I complained but all I got was an apology and they would pass my complaint on to the catering department 

Edited by Jumbo1968
Mistake
  • Confused 1

Food requested lacto vegetarian, was served lo calorie vegetarian, inedible. Offered the vegan option, also inedible.

Honestly not surprised- I imagine such offerings are inedible in most restaurants !!! 

Their economy offerings not only got the special meal right but was better. The drink selection was good, but not worth the money.

QR Eco food is on par with Emirates & other top tier airlines. 

With your discussion of Eco meals I’m still confused if your £62 booked seat was for an eco or business class seat. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, proton said:

Qatar airways doesn’t have Q Class. 

It has Eco, Business & First Class.

Within that is has ticketing tiers (codes)

Q is an economy code.

Were you in a Business class Q suite seat ???  If so, Qatar airways doesn't charge for Business Class seat selection.

Thats why you comment seems to strange for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

This is absolutely not true - it is a completely different menu.

Wrong, I have travelled on several flights with Emirates both economy and BS over the last 10 years, same menu same meals. They might have done a few years back but not now, First Class I would think so.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Edit

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:
19 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I travelled back with Emirates, there are obviously benefits travelling Business Class but the food you get is the same as economy only served on a proper plate. 

This is absolutely not true - it is a completely different menu.

100% agree….  This ‘same food different plates’ myth is like those barstool myths we so frequently read on this forum. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Qatar airways doesn’t have Q Class. 

It has Eco, Business & First Class.

Within that is has ticketing tiers (codes)

Q is an economy code.

Were you in a Business class Q suite seat ???  If so, Qatar airways doesn't charge for Business Class seat selection.

Thats why you comment seems to strange for me. 

Also referred to a Q suites if you want to be pedantic, do you want to to sent you the emails confirming the booking and seat reservations? I just looked them up, all meals were down as Asian Vegetarian but they came up with sticks of carrots and not much else.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Sorry but you are wrong. I have flown EK to Dubai and to the UK many many times in all three classes and they are different menus, 100%. 

Just to check in case things have changed since I last flew I just picked a random flight - EK 372 - departing in the next few days, and checked the economy and business class menus on that flight. As I said, completely different. Sorry but you are completely wrong.

1st and Business share some items but 1st has a lot more choice, but economy and business are completely different.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 13.12.49.png

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 13.13.57.png

Just looking at Dessert, I'd much rather have the profiteroles of Economy than the banana/walnut cake of Biz!  Yuk.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, proton said:

Are you sure you can pay for extra legroom in Q-Suites, never even seen that option 

18 minutes ago, blazes said:

Just looking at Dessert, I'd much rather have the profiteroles of Economy than the banana/walnut cake of Biz!  Yuk.

Ha ha, I thought the same, although I think I'd go with the business cheeseboard.