The Swiss guy loses his elephants licence

Scouse123

1 hour ago, Jackbenimble said:

this isn't Singapore.............we dont want snitching curtain twitchers. They're the worst.

Thailand has more than enough Snitchers.

Plenty of foreigners do it because they think it puts them in good stead with the police and plenty of Thais do it. After all, it's in their nature.

As a Brit, my advice to my fellow countrymen is never to leave home without wearing a hat with corks dangling from the wide brim. Then we will see who is at the front of the queue on concerned citizens social media posts. 😋

33 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who's that addressed to?

He meant you, because of your comment regarding curtain twitchers.

Deluded lad, one of those who mistakenly thinks I am a Scouser.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Who is the beneficiary of this xenophobic man hunt, seriously? 

You, me, our Wives and children.....   and anyone else who is now protected from this maniac because he's getting kicked out of Thailand so we won't be exposed to him.. 

There is also the added benefit of protection from those who would now think twice before escalating a simple issue to violence...

Thus: Who's is the beneficiary of enforcing laws when someone breaks the law ? I would say society in General.

But... If you mean who is the beneficiary of the endless media frenzy ? - then that would be the media itself with 'increased metrics' to their site and thus the potential for increased add revenue. 

On 3/12/2024 at 12:58 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Was he just a security guard or did he run his own security business and how long did it take him to get to the position of B1m per month rent?    Has it been suggested that it was a dodgy overnight elevation or did he work, successfully, for some time to get wealthy?   Is his family wealthy?

Slightly contradictory stories

https://www.indochinatravel.com/asia-elephant-camps.html

A Swiss with a vision – this is who we are! It all began with a dream. But now, our “Green Elephant Sanctuary Park Phuket” has become a reality. Many years ago, Urs Fehr was already dreaming of protecting elephants in Thailand. And as he gained a better understanding of elephants in general, he also learned that many Thai elephants live in terrible conditions. As a consequence, opening the elephant sanctuary became an affair of the heart.

Phuket Elephant Sanctuary

Overview

Founded by Swiss partners, Urs Fehr and Nathanael Schärer, Phuket Elephant Sanctuary is a home for retired working elephants, set on 30 acres of lush tropical jungle. Observe how elephants rehabilitate into forest life after decades of abuse, and experience how incredible the largest land mammal on earth is during a day at the sanctuary.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/boredom-in-switzerland-leads-to-an-elephant-refuge-in-thailand/47207918

Urs Fehr has turned a lifelong passion for elephants into a full-time job.  He went to live in Thailand and founded a sanctuary for abused pachyderms.

“I was a bit bored in Switzerland,” says the 40-year-old from Lenzburg (canton Aargau) who used to work in security. “So my Thai partner and I decided to move to her home country, for a change of scenery,” he says. The year was 2015 and Fehr was 36 years old at the time.  

For two years, Fehr lived off his savings. He finally had some time on his hands and took the opportunity to check out Phuket’s domesticated elephants two or three times a week.

Slight fantacist

Money would also be raised to fund wildlife guard units in Africa. To do this, he hopes to work with former American soldiers “after they pass a psychological test”. He wants to launch a pilot project in Kenya and expand it later if it is successful. 

He has a few different names, both different Christian names and different surnames.