The Swiss guy loses his elephants licence

Scouse123

15 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Running a sanctuary/foundation & bragging/shouting about paying 1,000,000฿ a month for his villa lease.....

The first thought that struck me was money laundering....

Well, I got the same idea. Do we know how long he lived here? Maybe on Elite?(😂) I'm not sure but there is a Fehr-family in Switzerland who owns very profitable business. So he might be a millionaire investing money in Thailand. Obviously he lost his personal compass for life. Thais are very sensitive when Farangs showing a superior (cultural and monetary) behaviour. Now he's in 💩

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, CharlieH said:

What I find concerning is ONE farang behaves inappropriately, now they appear to have launched an "open season" on ANY Farang to scrutinise, etc. 

The other side of the fence, a Thai commits a traumatic offence against a farang, and not much appears to follow and depending on how connected they are, if at all. Double standards?

Perfectly normal in Thailand, but usually after a couple of weeks or so it dies down!

Thailand needs foreigners, but does necessarily  like them?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

With the latest Aussie "road-rage" report we Brits will soon be out of the Top-Ten Most Hated Tourists list! :whistling:

Never Fear, "Goat" will be busting his nuts off to find something to bring us right back up to scratch in the listings, probably at it right now!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Why does this even matter if he is being kicked out of Thailand, and his visa is being revoked? Or, have they changed their minds already? 

Because they like to follow the adage about making sure they kick a man whilst he's down so there is no possibility of him getting up again.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

One thing that I don't think has been specifically mentioned in any reports I have seen:

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park is a commercial enterprise intended to make money.

Green Elephant Wildlife Foundation is a non-profit charity (located at the Elephant Park, using the same logo and address).

It appears that the alleged purpose of the foundation was for making an Elephant Hospital, and possibly a mobile clinic. I don't think it ever happened and seems to be a bit dodgy. 

BTW. In Thailand, according to Siam Legal website, the word "Foundation" does mean an entity is a registered non-profit charity, and the word Foundation must be in the name. I was wrong in another post where I didn't think "Foundation" had any special meaning.

Hence the renaming and two names for the same business, one is profit making and one isn't.

So the idea is obviously to steer as much money to the non-profit foundation and load it down with all the expenses, that's how the 1 million baht a month villa and fancy motor come into play. No doubt all wages, food for the animals, and lease of the elephants will all be weighed down as expenses on the foundation, as opposed to the Park.

It's clever accounting. I've seen it done in many operations to minimise tax and maximise profits.

No doubt it is common practice to do this in Thailand, and that is why the Governor asked for clear identification as to the two roles played by Green Elephant Sanctuary Park and Green Elephant Wildlife Foundation.

• Agree 2

If only he and his wife had kept their big mouths shut and engaged their brains first.

However, judging by his behaviour towards the ambulance, it looks like being a clown and acting superior is in his DNA

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which Swiss have been, or are being. deported?   I don't believe any have nor have any been threatened with deportation. Not having a visa renewed is not deportation...he could be back on the next plane.

If the Governor of Phuket is involved and it has also been brought to the attention of the powers that be in Bangkok and also voiced their displeasure, as well as the DSI now involved, it is fairly obvious.

They are proceeding to go to the court to revoke the foundation licence, I cannot see a local judge going against the Governor.

I don't think it is much of a stretch when they have already stated that he is a danger to the peace and stability of the nation, that he will be deported and blacklisted after his current court cases have been heard and dealt with.

So, as I said, no Swiss people have been deported, nor threatened with deportation as the poster to whom I responded suggested was the case. 

I think that it is a stretch to suggest that a person who has been advised that his visa will not be renewed is to be deported, if deportation was on the cards he would have been advised of that. If his criminal cases incur deportation, that is an entirely different situation to his visa contravention.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which Swiss have been, or are being. deported?   I don't believe any have nor have any been threatened with deportation. Not having a visa renewed is not deportation...he could be back on the next plane.

Do you not think that after authorities have got involved and prevented his visa from being renewed there will not also be some sort of persona non grata status and a note (digitally) attached to his immigration record such that any future visa application or entry attempt is met with a road-block ???

I'd agree that is a possibility but it also just as possible that banning will not happen and so far no one has been threatened with, or actually deported, as that other poster claimed.

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

f only he'd controlled his temper, he would still be flying under the radar and all would be right with his world!

Right for him Crossy maybe but maybe not right for all those others he may have  "crossed paths" with in the past and in the future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So where are all the Nay-Sayers now then, when I said it was a 'Foundation' aka charity?

Try to keep up. Green Elephant Sanctuary Park is not a charity.

There is another entity called Green Elephant Wildlife Foundation that is a charity.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'd agree that is a possibility but it also just as possible that banning will not happen and so far no one has been threatened with, or actually deported, as that other poster claimed.

They deport him = they lose him....I doubt that they let him keep his passport....

By keeping him around there's time to build other cases or connections, possibly involving more crimes....

Does anyone know if there are charges lodged against his wife?

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why even answer the question, its not your problem, not a question directed towards you. 

But... as you've taken the time to respond with a daft gibe, I'll bite. 

This subject seems to be of interest to many, particularly considering the flip-flopping news of visa revoked, rescinded, not renewed, black-listed, kicked out etc... 

So.. If its not your problem, doesn't impact you etc...  I'd have to ask - why are you even reading the thread ?....   

Interested in whats happening with this issue ??.....  If not, then its back to 'why are you even reading the thread ?'.... 

But, if like others, myself included, you are interested in whats happening with this issue and how events are unfold, then you have your answer to a question that really didn't need asking !!!... 

[Why even ask the question]...  because the answer is of interest....   

Kind of a bit basic really don't you think ? - so, if all you wanted was a cheap gibe, try harder with something that may actually land. 

Think he could be Dave's chum..........😋

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Should be a whistleblower shady farang line, must be loads out there up to no good

this isn't Singapore.............we dont want snitching curtain twitchers. They're the worst.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

Try to keep up. Green Elephant Sanctuary Park is not a charity.

There is another entity called Green Elephant Wildlife Foundation that is a charity.

You need to keep up, run by the same guy using the his parks Logo. oh I give up. 

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Fairly obvious that an ex security guard couldn't afford a 1 million baht a month villa unless there was something very dodgy with his business.

Was he just a security guard or did he run his own security business and how long did it take him to get to the position of B1m per month rent?    Has it been suggested that it was a dodgy overnight elevation or did he work, successfully, for some time to get wealthy?   Is his family wealthy?