The Swiss guy loses his elephants licence

Scouse123

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is something to be said for the usual chavy-bogan di<k heads from all nations being priced out of travelling here due to the recently elevated flight costs....

BUT... those who are causing all the trouble seem to be 'resident foreigners' who have taken it upon themselves to start acting like locals with a short fuse.... 

Definitely,

They seem to get the idea because they are here a while or running a business, which gives them more entitlement than the rest of us mere mortals.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Dont  worry  hopalongskippadedoodar  will be along any second to tell you its their country and it  in no way justifies anything.

"Whats up skip"?? 

Screenshot_20240311-183457.jpg

Edited by Olmate

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Definitely,

They seem to get the idea because they are here a while or running a business, which gives them more entitlement than the rest of us mere mortals.

I agree, farangy's who get a Thai PP, probably think they are untouchable too......:whistling:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

You in particular would be lost, your 60+ posts a day gone...........😱

I hope you don't have a balcony, or perhaps I do........:whistling:

He can always take some time out, and sit down and compare notes with "Bignok" and at least one other whose name escapes me!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

He can always take some time out, and sit down and compare notes with "Bignok" and at least one other whose name escapes me!

I know what it is, how could I forget, the only 60 posts a day on here...............:saai:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

A couple of yours on here are a bit different to you.......😉

I reckon the different ones have convict heritage. 😮

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 2

there's seems to be many Swiss being deported now for misbehaving,  immigration will have to start handing brochures out at the airport when Swiss enter to explain that kicking doctors in Thailand could result in deportation..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

If only he'd controlled his temper, he would still be flying under the radar and all would be right with his world!

A certain amount of karma involved, maybe?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

how do you revoke an elephants license  ?   what if he gets angry  ?

what if he refuses to hand it over ... 

Feed him bananas

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

That is from Governor Sophon Suwannarat, who said on Saturday that they believed his foundation was used for illegal purposes, and as such, were revoking its licence.

So in Thailand the accusation doesn't have to prove anything, they just have to "believe". But we knew that. And we are still here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

What I find concerning is ONE farang behaves inappropriately, now they appear to have launched an "open season" on ANY Farang to scrutinise, etc. 

They've been doing a pretty good job all along of scrutinizing farang. Fortunately, there's the agent loophole for the average baked-beans-on-toast farang. Otherwise, Thais get their share as well. We're always hearing about bar inspections and raids, for example. Our mighty Tea Money Chorus has an explanation. Yet the same explanation is applied to farang. 

It appears farang in Phuket could indeed use a bit more scrutiny, however. Surprising how many are caught working w/o a permit.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The other side of the fence, a Thai commits a traumatic offence against a farang, and not much appears to follow and depending on how connected they are, if at all. Double standards?

Seems to me we hear about apologies, medical expenses paid, fines, even jail. Depends on the egregiousness of the case. The facts are sometimes not clear; farang lie as well as Thais do. Here we have an unprovoked bullying assault against a respected, professional Thai woman--on public land, as it turns out.

If I were nearby in Phuket, I would have joined the protest. 

Case of a Thai running down a Thai doc got wide publicity and a big new emphasis on road crossings, as can be seen in Pattaya. Thai ran down a farang medical doc I think would also created a very public response.

Fines tend not to be very high in Thailand, relatively. Thais tend not to have much money with which to pay. Richer will often pay more, however, esp. to avoid court.

This legal violation has yet to be heard in court. It's not yet clear what penalty he'll receive. A fine he can easily pay, no jail time I suspect.

Thais can't deported, so that's why you don't hear about such. But as foreigner "granted" temporary stay, he can be, simply for being an undesirable. Considering this arrogant SOB in his entirety, that seems a reasonable, justifiable, decision.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

So in Thailand the accusation doesn't have to prove anything, they just have to "believe". But we knew that. And we are still here.

To revoke the license it still has to be approved by a court

“The Phuket provincial hall, through public prosecutors will ask a court to dissolve the elephant foundation,

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/elephant-sanctuary-in-phuket/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

They've been doing a pretty good job all along of scrutinizing farang. Fortunately, there's the agent loophole for the average baked-beans-on-toast farang. Otherwise, Thais get their share as well. We're always hearing about bar inspections and raids, for example. Our mighty Tea Money Chorus has an explanation. Yet the same explanation is applied to farang. 

It appears farang in Phuket could indeed use a bit more scrutiny, however. Surprising how many are caught working w/o a permit.

Seems to me we hear about apologies, medical expenses paid, fines, even jail. Depends on the egregiousness of the case. The facts are sometimes not clear; farang lie as well as Thais do. Here we have an unprovoked bullying assault against a respected, professional Thai woman--on public land, as it turns out.

If I were nearby in Phuket, I would have joined the protest. 

Case of a Thai running down a Thai doc got wide publicity and a big new emphasis on road crossings, as can be seen in Pattaya. Thai ran down a farang medical doc I think would also created a very public response.

Fines tend not to be very high in Thailand, relatively. Thais tend not to have much money with which to pay. Richer will often pay more, however, esp. to avoid court.

This legal violation has yet to be heard in court. It's not yet clear what penalty he'll receive. A fine he can easily pay, no jail time I suspect.

Thais can't deported, so that's why you don't hear about such. But as foreigner "granted" temporary stay, he can be, simply for being an undesirable. Considering this arrogant SOB in his entirety, that seems a reasonable, justifiable, decision.

100% Agree with all of that...

Although I found the protest somewhat vexing...  as on the surface it was 'supposed' to be a protest against the encroachment of public land (beach) by private land owners and companies... 

But, it appears that there were xenophobic anti-foreigner vibes...   Whether thats how it really was at the protest, or if thats just the 'flavour' the media applied to invite greater attention is not known unless we could personally experience the 'event' as its difficult to believe the veracity of reporting, there is simply too much interest in creating controversy than there is selling fact. 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...  But I still think we can squeeze another 20 or 30 separate threads out of this story.

Soon we'll be finding out about more background... how much deeper this guys issues go, possibly illegal activities overseas and money being washed here etc....   although, with the attention this has been getting I suspect had there been any illegal overseas activity, warrants for arrest or criminal record etc it would already be widely known... 

... So we'll just have to settle for the next story in the icosology being something such as 'how he once didn't tip a street vendor'....   or 'didn't say hello to the postman'.....    (which is not to imply this guy is anything other than vermin, but it is to imply that this story is getting wrung out in the social media and this forum for all its worth).

Absolutely agree.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

there's seems to be many Swiss being deported now for misbehaving,

Which Swiss have been, or are being. deported?   I don't believe any have nor have any been threatened with deportation. Not having a visa renewed is not deportation...he could be back on the next plane.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

But thankfully not in business in this country anymore 

I'll stick to construction in the UK where it can all go in my name and I know the rules and regulations and what I am dealing with.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which Swiss have been, or are being. deported?   I don't believe any have nor have any been threatened with deportation. Not having a visa renewed is not deportation...he could be back on the next plane.

Do you not think that after authorities have got involved and prevented his visa from being renewed there will not also be some sort of persona non grata status and a note (digitally) attached to his immigration record such that any future visa application or entry attempt is met with a road-block ???

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you not think that after authorities have got involved and prevented his visa from being renewed there will not also be some sort of persona non grata status and a note (digitally) attached to his immigration record such that any future visa application or entry attempt is met with a road-block ???

Why even ask the question. It's not your problem and what happens to him doesn't impact you, unless of course you screw up in the future like he has.

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Why even ask the question. It's not your problem and what happens to him doesn't impact you, unless of course you screw up in the future like he has.

Why even answer the question, its not your problem, not a question directed towards you. 

But... as you've taken the time to respond with a daft gibe, I'll bite. 

This subject seems to be of interest to many, particularly considering the flip-flopping news of visa revoked, rescinded, not renewed, black-listed, kicked out etc... 

So.. If its not your problem, doesn't impact you etc...  I'd have to ask - why are you even reading the thread ?....   

Interested in whats happening with this issue ??.....  If not, then its back to 'why are you even reading the thread ?'.... 

But, if like others, myself included, you are interested in whats happening with this issue and how events are unfold, then you have your answer to a question that really didn't need asking !!!... 

[Why even ask the question]...  because the answer is of interest....   

Kind of a bit basic really don't you think ? - so, if all you wanted was a cheap gibe, try harder with something that may actually land. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If the Governor of Phuket is involved and it has also been brought to the attention of the powers that be in Bangkok and also voiced their displeasure, as well as the DSI now involved, it is fairly obvious.

They are proceeding to go to the court to revoke the foundation licence, I cannot see a local judge going against the Governor.

I don't think it is much of a stretch when they have already stated that he is a danger to the peace and stability of the nation, that he will be deported and blacklisted after his current court cases have been heard and dealt with.

The house of cards is tumbling down for him.

He did the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time and opened a can of worms. It also attracted massive media interest, both locally and internationally, for the wrong reasons

It has turned into a witchhunt, and they are going to follow through with this one I think.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

According to the Bangkok Post, they have or are revoking his licence for the Green Elephant Wildlife Foundation.

That is from Governor Sophon Suwannarat, who said on Saturday that they believed his foundation was used for illegal purposes, and as such, were revoking its licence.

The same logo is being used for the Green Elephant Foundation and Green Elephant Sanctuary Park, and they want clarification as to the day-to-day operations of both.

They share an identical address

One thing that I don't think has been specifically mentioned in any reports I have seen:

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park is a commercial enterprise intended to make money.

Green Elephant Wildlife Foundation is a non-profit charity (located at the Elephant Park, using the same logo and address).

It appears that the alleged purpose of the foundation was for making an Elephant Hospital, and possibly a mobile clinic. I don't think it ever happened and seems to be a bit dodgy. 

BTW. In Thailand, according to Siam Legal website, the word "Foundation" does mean an entity is a registered non-profit charity, and the word Foundation must be in the name. I was wrong in another post where I didn't think "Foundation" had any special meaning.

• Like 1