New car for next year!

What type of car?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone have experience with Mitsubishi Athlete? Considering Mitsubishi again, due to service reliability, and also find Mitsubishi as a great economic choice. Ford is not an option where Iive, if anyone have simular option other brands.

Key words Safety, service reliability, Comfort, 4wd

Budget max 1,4 million

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/en/cars/all-newtriton/models/athlete

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Looks like OP is after a pickup and Honda don't offer one here.

So why does he say "New car"? While he is looking for a pickup. Should edit.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Only had a sit in the new Triton, but was impressed with the interior - large screen, good quality finishes for a pick-up, electric seat etc.  And it seems to have had a comprehensive update this year.  

I prefer a unibody SUV myself, so I'd probably go for a Subaru Forrester or Honda CR-V.  The Scoobydoo in within your budget, and good value now as there's a new model due next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Only had a sit in the new Triton, but was impressed with the interior - large screen, good quality finishes for a pick-up, electric seat etc.  And it seems to have had a comprehensive update this year.  

I prefer a unibody SUV myself, so I'd probably go for a Subaru Forrester or Honda CR-V.  The Scoobydoo in within your budget, and good value now as there's a new model due next year.

I need a 4x4 and room for two dirt bikes, therefor a pick up. If not I would head for a suv as well, but a decent suv is hard to get in budget with 4x4

• Like 1

None of the Above ... as I've lost total respect for the Legacy auto makers.

Just a thought, stop buying the same ol' high maintenance crap.  At least take a peek and test drive some of the other options.

Happy Shopping

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Just a thought, stop buying the same ol' high maintenance crap.  At least take a peek and test drive some of the other options.

Happy Shopping

We are very satisfied with our service at the 2. closest city from our home, 150km drive. Good service stations seems to be go lucky most places. We have tried 3 different places, and this one we have no complains.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Happy Shopping

Is there an EV pickup option on the market yet? What other options do you have in mind?

Edited by Lacessit
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Is there an EV pickup option on the market yet? What other options do you have in mind?

The OP said he wanted a new car for next year, BYD will have an EV pickup on sale sometime next year, it may be a PHEV.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

For that sort of money, you can't go past Toyota. 

I agree , why take a chance, Toyota is best and has best resale. 

The re is a reason why 9 out of 10 terrorists chose Toyota :laugh:

They should use it in their marketing campaign.  

image.png.a9d98a42ba709ef9f3295961328c4fbd.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

The OP said he wanted a new car for next year, BYD will have an EV pickup on sale sometime next year, it may be a PHEV.

Interesting. For city work as a delivery vehicle, IMO ideal.

Of course, the Thai predilection for exceeding load limits by substantial margins would affect range.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Happy Shopping

The MG that your driving is from a legacy auto brand as they are currently MG 100th years of making cars

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

According to this article BYD look like their 1st pickup will be a gas hybrid

As for the power option that BYD chooses to launch first in 2024, it will be a gasoline engine. It works with a plug-in hybrid electric motor (PHEV), while a pure electric version (BEV) will be ready for sale in 2025.

https://www.headlightmag.com/2024-01-10-spyshots-byd-truck/

I think there are plenty of Ford F150 lighting owners  wishing they had delayed their purchases so maybe better to wait for BYD 3rd generation pickup trucks

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

I think there are plenty of Ford F150 lighting owners  wishing they had delayed their purchases

Not only F150 Lightning owners.

https://electrek.co/2023/10/17/half-of-ev-owners-will-go-back-to-an-ice-vehicle-not-counting-you-tesla-drivers-study/

Half of EV owners will go back to an ICE vehicle (not counting you, Tesla drivers) – study

I do not want a EV car in Thailand, to hot and not yet established enough charging points around in the country. 

And also where we frequently drive  flooding yearly. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

So why does he say "New car"? While he is looking for a pickup. Should edit.

He didn't need to edit, he assumed posters could read.   He mentioned a Mitsubishi pickup in his OP, provided a link to that pickup and specifies 4WD...then he followed up with a video comparing two pickups!

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He didn't need to edit, he assumed posters could read.   He mentioned a Mitsubishi pickup in his OP, provided a link to that pickup and specifies 4WD...then he followed up with a video comparing two pickups!

:burp:

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 20.54.43.png

• Sad 1