Immigration releases statement on crackdowns on foreign offenders

webfact

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Can Thais retire to your country and work without any problem?

Yes they can... If  you retire in my country you always can do volunteer work.. but if you work you are not retired... So retiring and a few hours a week you can work and even more hours as volunteer without a workpermit.. You are accepted than as one of us with the same rights and duties no double standards

Fair enough, but I don’t see the big deal, just let the police do their job already and don’t forget to arrest all the law breaking locals while you’re at it. Again if you invite in massive amounts of people—many visa-free—you have to expect some nonsense from unscrupulous types. Whatever happened to quality over quantity? 

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Yes they can... If  you retire in my country you always can do volunteer work.. but if you work you are not retired... So retiring and a few hours a week you can work and even more hours as volunteer without a workpermit.. You are accepted than as one of us with the same rights and duties no double standards

Only difference is if I retire to the US, for example, I need to invest 16 million baht, unlike retirees here who just have to show 800,000 baht in a bank. Yet, many foreigner complain about the system! 

• Confused 1