Big layoffs ahead in the automotive workshop sector - hold on to your hats!

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok, I'll try one last time. Oh, and by the way, you can't have it both ways. You posted an article that says 22% of Chinese EV owners surveyed said they would not buy another one. You're happy to post that. But when I say that means 78% are fine with their decision you say it's not allowed because "The article doesn't mention if they are asked the question are you happy with your choice of vehicle or not".

So it's ok to post the negative aspect without knowing the exact question asked but not ok to infer the opposite without knowing the exact question asked.

So, if the article is saying 22% of those asked said they wouldn't buy another EV what question do you think they were asked? Do they like turnips? What's their favourite colour? Or perhaps "would you buy another EV?". Maybe?

I hope you can see the hypocrisy now. Probably not, but for sure everyone else can.

I posted "A report by McKinsey China has shown significant disillusionment among Chinese electric car owners in 2023, with 22% stating they wouldn’t consider new energy vehicles (NEVs) for their next car

yes we don't know the question asked in the survey it might have been Will your next car be a NEV

Now what we don't know is what was the response of the other 78% it might have been yes next car will be a NEV or it might have been a % for yes and a % for not sure or a % will say depends on what is available when we come to replace our current model 

So we don't know the question that was asked and we don't know the response from the other 78% there may have been multiple replies 

As stated

All your claims of 78% are fake and Your claimed 78% are happy with their choice is a figment of your imagination there isn't a single mention in the article where it states that 78% are happy

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Maybe some of the other 78% don't understand the question, because they are intellectually challenged like (insert EV haters names here).

Down to insulting people now, because they disagree with you.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So you are too lazy to search for a link to refute the link I posted, and rherefore I am supposed to accept your unsupported word.

To quote my old teacher at secondary school.

Poor effort, must try harder.

He was right about me, just as I am right about you.

Nonsense.  There are probably less than 10 EV haters that post here, you being one of them.  Once a claim is refuted and accepted with source posted, I am not going back over >200 pages to find it for you, you probably read it anyway are just being obtuse.

Your own link provided enough evidence that those EV's are from bankrupt ride share companies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Nonsense.  There are probably less than 10 EV haters that post here, you being one of them.  Once a claim is refuted and accepted with source posted, I am not going back over >200 pages to find it for you, you probably read it anyway are just being obtuse.

Your own link provided enough evidence that those EV's are from bankrupt ride share companies.

What happened to your link? Or are you still too lazy to look for it?

24 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Down to insulting people now, because they disagree with you.

I would agree that "mentally challenged" is a bit strong, I would have phrased it as "pathologically resistant to [ineluctable] change".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

I would agree that "mentally challenged" is a bit strong, I would have phrased it as "pathologically resistant to [ineluctable] change".

I thought I was probably complimenting them

43 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

You do know that Robert Bryce is funded by big oil, right? He has a history of writing misleading and untrue stories against all types of renewable energy (wind, solar). So he's hardly an impartial journalist - he has a clear mandate to protect the oil companies that pay him and keep them profitable as long as possible: it's his job.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

You do know that Robert Bryce is funded by big oil, right? He has a history of writing misleading and untrue stories against all types of renewable energy (wind, solar). So he's hardly an impartial journalist - he has a clear mandate to protect the oil companies that pay him and keep them profitable as long as possible: it's his job.

All the points he is making is referenced in that article to third party sources such as the DOE, IEA, natural history museum etc. Doesn't look to be untrue or misleading if it is then it's those third parties being misleading? 

Edited by Startmeup

On 3/15/2024 at 10:12 AM, Celsius said:

save for occasional Tesla. 

which are on life support....cybertrucks gasp for last breath...Elons seems a wiz at turning a good idea into crap--twitter--cybertruck--hyperloop..etc

5 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

which are on life support....cybertrucks gasp for last breath...Elons seems a wiz at turning a good idea into crap--twitter--cybertruck--hyperloop..etc

Elon's intelligence & critical thinking is his own best asset

Elon's complete lack of common sense and craving of an audience kills his businesses.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Elon's intelligence & critical thinking is his own best asset

Elon's complete lack of common sense and craving of an audience kills his businesses.

hence the default.. making his intelligence crap......the money he got from his pops helps too.....his best thinking bought failed twitter and rusting cybertrucks-hyperloop--

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60538687/2024-tesla-cybertruck-recall/

https://www.theregister.com/2024/04/20/cybertruck_car_wash_mode/

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/elon-musk-hyperloop-tesla-1234934812/#:~:text=Hyperloop One%2C a futuristic transportation startup highly touted,and machinery)%2C and closing its offices%2C Bloomberg reports.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-admits-x-twitter-may-fail-predictions-2023-8

just a few to keep u busy..i have more

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Startmeup said:

All the points he is making is referenced in that article to third party sources such as the DOE, IEA, natural history museum etc. Doesn't look to be untrue or misleading if it is then it's those third parties being misleading? 

When someone is funded by an organisation or organisations he is writing in favour of he should declare it to have any hope of being taken seriously. In fact a group of journalists and educators petitioned the NY Times on this very point and the very same person - Robert Bryce - and that to maintain journalistic integrity the source of the writer's funding needs to be clear. 

JB did a much better job than I could of explaining how he has taken old facts and slanted them or mis-stated the "facts" completely.

But as I said the man has a history and is dishonest, funded by big oil to denigrate renewables, and therefore cannot be trusted or taken seriously.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 3:03 PM, JBChiangRai said:

There was an article about battery degradation some time back, they analysed a bunch of Tesla's and said 18+ years was normal, the article is in Electric Vehicles in Thailand or EV's vs ICE the debate thread somewhere.

The manufacturer of the EV I sold because of price concerns also sell a lot of ICE sports cars and all that manufacturer's models are ruinously expensive to service & repair, and all the tyres are ludicrously expensive for that brand, likewise insurance. None of these reasons were in any way due to it being an EV.

Lets hope they are right for all that buy an EV. It sounds very optimistic but good if they do last that long. I have heard and read more reports of the batteries needing to be replaced a lot quicker than that and a friend of mind had to replace the batteries in his EV just a few years after buying it from new.