US tourists ‘ridicule’ King’s Guard, get berated by UK cop: ‘He’s not having fun’

Social Media

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

Kudos to the cop and bad on the tourists. 

But does anyone think that standing locked in the same pose for an extended period is the best way to prepare someone to hurdle into action if SHTF?

It's theater. And I hope there's a room full of stout, well armed men limbered up right behind the wall in case something does go down.

BTW, just out of curiosity, do they have women taking shifts at that position?

The Guards on display are performing ceremonial duties but are all members of the Guards Regiments, all of which are fully trained and equipped fighting regiments.

There have since 2017 been female guards on Royal duty:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/queens-guard-buckingham-palace-first-female-megan-couto-second-battalion-princess-patricias-canadian-light-infantry-a7808261.html

https://www.householddivision.org.uk/the-guards

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

Had  great excuse for breaking out the tear gas and billy clubs, but the cop blew it.

Ah yes, the Right Wing solution to most everything, get the cops to start busting heads! What could go wrong?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Their parents must be proud (sarcasm alert) stupid girls I hope they are recognized outed and publicly shamed…..sad 

Now there are your typical American girls  enabled arrogant and not bright.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

The Septic Tanks really are the stupidest nation on earth now and with their colleges and universities teaching the commie and woke propaganda it will only get worse.

Braindead.

Yeah they are definitely products of woke and commie teaching JFC dude come into the 21st century or was your post sarcasm? If not buy a clue.

Edited by charleskerins

10 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

The Septic Tanks really are the stupidest nation on earth now and with their colleges and universities teaching the commie and woke propaganda it will only get worse.

Braindead.

Where did you that garbage from?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Kudos to the cop and bad on the tourists. 

But does anyone think that standing locked in the same pose for an extended period is the best way to prepare someone to hurdle into action if SHTF?

It's theater. And I hope there's a room full of stout, well armed men limbered up right behind the wall in case something does go down.

BTW, just out of curiosity, do they have women taking shifts at that position?

Yes.

2 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Cop was fantastic -wish he would have cursed at those brats

It would have made no difference.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Tug said:

The term ugly American comes to mind unfortunately 

True, but I can think of half a dozen famous movies where that behavior is held out as "amusing" and harmless.  Patriot Games and Austin Powers come to mind without even taxing my feeble memory.  And I'd bet that YouTube is full of knobs from all over the world doing it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RayC said:

Spot on.

Why this story is considered newsworthy is beyond me.

Because a percentage of British people have some deluded and perverse pleasure in anything to do with their unelected, outdated and entitled family of Germans who lord it over them....living a super rich lifestyle for doing sweet FA, while they have to struggle even to pay utility bills or feed their own children. 

• Sad 5

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Had  great excuse for breaking out the tear gas and billy clubs, but the cop blew it.

Whose that man with a loaded gun

Whose that man riding in the sun

Killed his wife but he loved his son

Psycho dad, psycho dad, psycho dad.