US tourists ‘ridicule’ King’s Guard, get berated by UK cop: ‘He’s not having fun’

Social Media

7 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

they should've gone to Disneyworld, they clearly don't have a respect for culture or history

In Disney parks patrons can assault the people who run around in those oversized costumes and the poor b_stard inside the costume is not permitted to fight back.  This is what came to mind when I read this article. 

Ok, my sarcastic post about tear gas and billy clubs didn't go over well, how about water cannon instead?  :tongue:

C'mon wouldn't you want to see this bunch get the hose?  If that's too horrid how about some face-fulls of cream pies?

• Haha 1

I remember a similar incident a few years ago. Except it was a police officer being harassed and verbally abused. The guard stepped forward, pointed his gun and yelled at the stupid tourists to back off. 

18 hours ago, JCauto said:

Ah yes, the Right Wing solution to most everything, get the cops to start busting heads! What could go wrong?

Could have practised their strongarm tactics on the  young girls for when they inevitably have to clash with the "Free Palestine" marchers.

My money would be on the young girls.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:03 AM, impulse said:

But does anyone think that standing locked in the same pose for an extended period is the best way to prepare someone to hurdle into action if SHTF?

It's theater. And I hope there's a room full of stout, well armed men limbered up right behind the wall in case something does go down.

BTW, just out of curiosity, do they have women taking shifts at that position?

There are people prepared to "hurdle into action"

Plenty of well armed (not particularly stout) well at hand.

Yes, the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment do have female soldiers. They mount guard.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:47 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The Guards on display are performing ceremonial duties but are all members of the Guards Regiments, all of which are fully trained and equipped fighting regiments.

Correct. They do a great job. 

On 3/16/2024 at 9:47 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

There have since 2017 been female guards on Royal duty:

Always good to have some eye candy.

As long as they have some real soldiers around in case a serious incident occurs.