Blocked From Enter Thailand

2 hours ago, pub2022 said:

When the Swiss man in Phuket kicked the lady, everybody in this forum pointing the finger, deport the farang,

Not me. I thought what he did was hilarious! 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Better Lao border. Had an awful experience at the Cambodian border a couple of times (on both sides of the border). And I never had any police records in my life.

Me too. I ate at Taco Bell and got the runs at the border.

8 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

My wife tells me that red stamp is section 12-7.

Permission to stay revoked, prohibited person.

Does that mean he cannot enter Thailand now???

On 3/16/2024 at 4:46 PM, glegolo18 said:

I have a friend norwegian nationality. He have had some problem with the police here.

Not drugs or serious stuff like that. More like domestic violence. He was in jail for about 4 months and then kicked out of Thailand. But he have no clue at all weather or not he is prohibited to return to Thailand again.

May I ask you guys, do anybody know if there is a place to contact in Thailand and possibly see if he is on a list of sort??? Would appreciate very much if you could help out. I feel sad for this guy because he have a lot of stuff here in Thailand, such as condo and savings in the bank.

Thank you,

In my experience, no. I also have a friend who did time here and wanted to know whether he could come back. A lawyer for a fee will tell you what you want to hear. Not necessarily the truth. And it was a lawyer who told me that. Immigration won't tell you. Nobody will. I also asked here. Nobody knows the answer.

So, your friend can try turning up at a border crossing and see what happens. At least he won't be put on a plane back. Seems the only way to find out. Minimal damage if he's barred.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, 007 RED said:

As has been suggested by several other members, his/her best solution to recovering money in his/her bank account(s) and selling off his/her condominium, would be to give a very trusted friend Power Of Attorney to act on his/her behalf to deal with the bank and sale of the condominium.

He'll require the aid of a trustworthy solicitor and even with a POA, the bank will require a Court Order to release funds, which a solicitor will help obtain.

Why doesn’t he apply for a visa in Norway? If he gets one surely he will get into Thailand?
If he doesn’t get one he can see if the ladies in Cambodia, Vietnam or the Philippines are more submissive! 

On 3/16/2024 at 5:00 PM, glegolo18 said:

Yes, they fought heavily both of them But I agree not hitting any lady that is bad. But bad is also that you didn´t even try to help out with an answer..

He probably didn't help with the answer because like me, I don't feel the need to help a wife beater in anyway.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:20 PM, glegolo18 said:

constructive idea thnks..... Have you heard anything that it will be easier to do a land-entry??

Is not, this suggestion is a typical asian now forum Barstool bs. Avoid!

• Agree 1

On 3/16/2024 at 5:46 PM, frank83628 said:

you are a..... . you don't have any idea of the actual situation. remember that old saying if you have nothing nice to say!!

There is nothing nice about anyone using any kind of violence on a woman. If I ever found out that any friend of mine ever lifted his hand to a woman, he would not be a friend anymore.

• Like 1

I have a friend norwegian nationality. He have had some problem with the police here.

Not drugs or serious stuff like that. More like domestic violence. He was in jail for about 4 months and then kicked out of Thailand. But he have no clue at all weather or not he is prohibited to return to Thailand again.

May I ask you guys, do anybody know if there is a place to contact in Thailand and possibly see if he is on a list of sort??? Would appreciate very much if you could help out. I feel sad for this guy because he have a lot of stuff here in Thailand, such as condo and savings in the bank.

Thank you,

thai embassy in his country and apply for a VISA

if denied, you might know why

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2024 at 9:49 PM, NorthernRyland said:

Sorry I had laugh at the first paragraph. Drugs are a victimless crime. Domestic violence, not so much.  Very serious if you ask me.

Anyone being involved with drugs in any way is not a victimless crime???? How many people have suffered or even died because of the actions of drug addicts? Dealers are also every bit as bad.

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Agree 2

On 3/16/2024 at 6:00 PM, frank83628 said:

like i said you have no idea of the actual situation, and i'm not condoning domestic violence at all, if it is actually true.
i personally know of a woman that cried wolf to the cops resulting in charges for the dude, was remanded based on her accusations. then later on she admitted to instigating the situation and attacking first.

so don't judge when you know jack

You know some interesting people. Someone who was jailed for domestic violence, another who was involved in another case of violence, even though the woman then admitted she started it - and I assume he continued it for it to have escalated.

His best bet might be to apply to enter and see what happens. But, as has been said earlier in the thread, the final decision is made by the IO at the border. Makes for a nervous flight, methinks.

No idea why you want to help someone who uses violence against women, however, first step would be to tell him to apply for a visa with a new passport and see what happens.

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Anyone being involved with drugs in any way is not a victimless crime???? How many people have suffered or even died because of the actions of drug addicts? Dealers are also every bit as bad.

well sure but you're the victim and it was your own choice. Quite a bit different to assault.

• Confused 2

On 3/16/2024 at 8:37 PM, Liquorice said:

Absolutely correct.

I know of a person with a Thai wife, arrested, charged with fraud, deception, and overstay, held in IDC for 4 weeks and appeared in court.
He was fined 10K for fraud and 20K for overstay. That was 4 years ago.
His stamp indicated he was deported under section 12.7

He states he received nothing from the Court, nor any indication as to how long he had been banned from re-entry.
As the overstay was for more than 1 year, he wrongly assumed it was a 3-year ban.
Last year he booked a flight to Thailand, but at check-in was informed he was blacklisted and would be refused entry, therefore he was denied boarding.
His wife has since approached Immigration, without reply, so they employed a lawyer.
The lawyer initially assumed he'd been banned for 10 years as he was arrested before deportation, but Immigration advised he was banned under section 16.
Section 16 : In the instance where for reason of national welfare or safeguarding the public peace , culture , morality , or welfare , or when the Minister considers it improper to allow any alien or any group of alien to enter into the Kingdom , the Minister shall have power to exclude said alien or group aliens from entering into the Kingdom

He was merely referred to as being 'undesirable'.
He and his wife are trying to appeal the decision.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:09 PM, Hummin said:

Why dont he just go. If he gets in, good, if not, just have a cheap ticket same day to a neighbouring country

Maybe best advise go to the embassy in Oslo, and talk with them if they can help out, checking his status.

The embassy either does not know, or won't tell. Had a friend whose visa application was refused .He asked why, and they told him to contact, best through a lawyer, the immigration department in Thailand  

It means he is on the blacklist, but they are not told why. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

The embassy either does not know, or won't tell. Had a friend whose visa application was refused .He asked why, and they told him to contact, best through a lawyer, the immigration department in Thailand  

It means he is on the blacklist, but they are not told why. 

I guess you are right, and with the confirmed 12/7 stamp it is clear he is a persona non grata in Thailand.

Being granted a visa does not give right of entry. Immigration decides at port of entry. Embassies are not linked to immigration.

As I said before, I asked this question here a while back for a friend. I consulted 2 lawyers here, a Thai one and a German one. Both confirmed there was no way to reliably find out prior to arrival. The land crossing seemed the simplest test. Fly to, eg Phnom Penh, and choose a quiet border checkpoint. If he gets in, do what he needs to do ASAP and leave. He could still be busted for illegal entry.

My 2¢ worth. YMMV.

25 minutes ago, bradiston said:

If he gets in, do what he needs to do ASAP

Which would appear to mean enlisting the services of a trustworthy solicitor as suggested by @Liquorice. But, there again, maybe the OP could help him out with that given that they appear to be such good friends!

Edited by OJAS

Thank you,

I think I would call domestic violence serious although it appears you don't.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 6:12 PM, frank83628 said:

did i say friend?

Keep up.  The original poster started this thread with "I have a friend..... "

A 'friend' who spent 4 months in a Thai prison for domestic violence.  Not the type of guy I'd be offering any help to.

16 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

There is nothing nice about anyone using any kind of violence on a woman. If I ever found out that any friend of mine ever lifted his hand to a woman, he would not be a friend anymore.

Unless it is in self-defense. 

• Agree 1