Blocked From Enter Thailand

On 3/16/2024 at 5:27 PM, DrJack54 said:

I had to read that 3 times.

So nothing serious just battery and jail for 4 months.

Strangely my understanding is that overstay with significant ban is more of an obstacle than deportation in regards returning.

In his shoes I would obtain a visa.

Even then would fly to land border country a use land border entry. 

Presumably if he applied for a visa at the embassy or online they would tell him that he has been banned and reject the application. 

On 3/16/2024 at 4:46 PM, glegolo18 said:

I have a friend norwegian nationality. He have had some problem with the police here.

Not drugs or serious stuff like that. More like domestic violence. He was in jail for about 4 months and then kicked out of Thailand. But he have no clue at all weather or not he is prohibited to return to Thailand again.

May I ask you guys, do anybody know if there is a place to contact in Thailand and possibly see if he is on a list of sort??? Would appreciate very much if you could help out. I feel sad for this guy because he have a lot of stuff here in Thailand, such as condo and savings in the bank.

Thank you,

So domestic violence isnt anything serious to you and he got 4 months in jail for it? The jail time should indicate it was pretty serious since the police dont touch domestic violence issue here unless absolutely necessary. His exit stamp should show and he would have been told directly about his ban. 

12 minutes ago, Lancelot01 said:

Presumably if he applied for a visa at the embassy or online they would tell him that he has been banned and reject the application. 

Yes and even if he was successful with obtaining a tourist visa, I suggest he enter via land border so if refused entry not a horror show compared to denied entry at Thai airport 

On 3/17/2024 at 2:37 AM, still kicking said:

Well from what I have seen he did not even kick her he verbally abused he.

he admitted he kicked her but claimed it was an accident because he slipped

On 3/18/2024 at 10:01 AM, Donbuie3 said:

Why doesn’t he apply for a visa in Norway? If he gets one surely he will get into Thailand?
If he doesn’t get one he can see if the ladies in Cambodia, Vietnam or the Philippines are more submissive! 

He wont be issued a visa as he'll be tagged in the systems most likely. If he gets a visa he will probably be tagged by the system the airlines use and not allowed to board. Even if he managed to get past both of those he would be flagged at Imm on arrival and turned away. A visa is not a guarantee of entry. 

1 hour ago, Lancelot01 said:

Getting a visa does not guarantee entry. I don't think embassies have access to that information.

Edited by bradiston