Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Thats America the rest of the world we are normal we dont need to walk around packing

Abnormal but hey, different strokes

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The police on duty asked for cooperation from them to stop their motorbikes. However, the two violators then allegedly attempted to flee from the police.After the police pursuit, the two foreigners were infuriated and allegedly attacked the police while having the incident recorded by the police.

The situation escalated as the foreigners allegedly attempted to snatch the officers’ firearm causing the gun to fire once, nobody was injured, according to the police

Well that's screwed their stay in Thailand... unless they get banged up here.

9 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Total BS, I've never seen kiwis wanting a scrap after 3 bottles of piss, where did you dream this up from. 

I've met some kiwi dudes they were usually pretty cool I never understood why my Bros from England always said that kiwis were the result of Australians shagging sheep. I can't fathom  why British guys sometimes are so mean to their colonists that they sent across the water

Edited by Yagoda
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

This sort of thing is getting more common and will do us all no good, especially with the lesser educated Thais who can jump to quick generalisations about foreigners.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

just because they are White does not infer they were originally from NZ.

They do not look Maori, definitely not "originally from NZ". 

2 hours ago, george said:

VIDEO:

Note the newscaster says "Farang again" and the word Farang is the video title.

More reason for the thai to pursue the ' anti farang ' campaign .

These 2 did not make anything better for the rest of the foreigners staying in Thailand .

Need to make an example of these 2 ... hang ' em high ...

Foreigners need to obey the laws of thailand , just as thais are supposed to ...

May be a criminal background check will become necessary soon for all visas , or , at least , the non O ...?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DjSilver said:

My guess, is that the foreigners were only acting in self-defense and that is how the police should act like happened. 

I hope we get the full story, people are stupid but not this stupid, it is believable that the gun was removed to protect the kiwi's from an over zealous officer, if it is that simple that they refused a traffic stop got caught and tried to bribe there way out, as many locals do, then yes they are in a heal of trouble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Ask Aussie cops how the kiwis behave in Oz. Sameway these two pigheaded 'bros' did. Never known a kiwi in Oz to respect anylaws and I know and have worked with plenty of them.My youngest son unfortunately partnered a kiwi 'thing', absolute nightmare, he,s lucky to be alive.

But Kiwis used to be such NAICE people! (I was one once, then I became an Aussie but still naice.)

1 hour ago, HammerGuy said:

OK so what's been said that they didn't go out with their drivers licence and that's where it all kicked off, You never go out without your licence here if your riding or driving I learnt that 24 Yr ago! But that's even if they have a licence but I hope they get the full treatment at chalong Station then put behind the door for a few years

Simple to have a photo of it on your phone, although I always carry mine.

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The Female newscasters expression had me laughing.

When the newscaster says 'Its not Mr David '🤣🤣🤣

Edited by roo860

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

But Kiwis used to be such NAICE people! (I was one once, then I became an Aussie but still naice.)

Yes, Oz got loads of badguys due to the no travel restriction/passport thing, so cant be deported when they commit crime. Poor NZ wages pushed many to Aust and their still there, think its changed now.

1 hour ago, AdamTheFarang said:

This is one of the reasons Police in the UK have wearable cameras. Then we could have seen what really started this!

And working CCTV everywhere monitored 24/7 by trained staff

• Like 1

They just love this drama."hushed tones" from the announcers  followed by "screeching  woman"  throw in filthy farang scum perfect news for the masses,

Standby the outcome will be visa costs quadrupling for retirees forget your 4-800k think 2-4million.

Meanwhile their own <deleted>e, way worse, goes on daily, you just dont see  it  here.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1