National police chief refutes claim of foul play in Surachate Hakparn case

snoop1130

Just stepped on wrong toes. In an organization where everyone is corrupt, you either stay aligned or get burned out if you cause trouble. Easy to find evidence for anyone who causes issues, or is otherwise wanted out. The rest incl police and prosecutors just follow the winds and close eyes for those who remain aligned. That's how the whole system in this country works

Edited by mran66
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, AlexPattaya said:

You can find corruption in every country

I knew a guy who, in a southern state in the US, was offered some watermelons to buy instead of a speeding fine.

18 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Exactly, the police summons are optional. So why were the security guards at the estate threatened with arrest for not letting the police onto private property?

Also an arrest warrant can only be issued by a court. "Will be issued" is not up to the chief of police. They can request a warrant. They can't issue them.

I think if the. Police chief wants one. Issued it will be issued, this is Los

15 hours ago, dinsdale said:

The Corrupt Vs The Corrupt. What a country. Bent from top to bottom.

Your home country is better in what way exactly? Oh, they are better at hiding the corruption from the general public. I guess that counts for something. 

6 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Big Joke has rubbed certain factions the wrong way for a long time. Many of the reasons around the continual Big Joke controversies are not appropriately raised here.

That being said, fill your bandwidths with all sorts of speculation, secure in the knowledge that 99% of you have no idea what you are talking about. We will see who wins in the end, just like the old Politburo

I guess the only reason I read the comments is curiosity as to how many people of actual intelligence and common sense exist here (on Aseannow). The Dunning-Kruger effect: people too stupid to realize how stupid they actually are. People who love making loud noises but otherwise don't care much about what exactly they say. Just another constant drunken verbal brawl to them. So, due credit to you sir, as today's only adult in the room. I daresay I would buy you a pint any time. As to me, even having been here 10 years I don't consider myself credibly well informed enough to have a valid opinion on anything but my own country of origin (which I don't discuss here, see Dunning-Kruger) , and am not very prone to even speculate, although at LEAST I know that it IS speculation. 

Dear Jonnathan,

Calling other members of Asean Now names is against forum rules. Using the racist card is about the lowest form of intelligence.

My story about buying watermelons from a police officer in the states is a fact as I sat in Brainerd Minn. eating said watermelons.

Sadly Americans think they can dish out negative comments about other countries or civilizations but don't and cannot accept any criticism of their own system.

Edited by VocalNeal

I always thought that Big Joke was partially honest and still believe he has dirt on some big fishes!

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

The Corrupt Vs The Corrupt. What a country. Bent from top to bottom.

22 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Exactly, the police summons are optional. So why were the security guards at the estate threatened with arrest for not letting the police onto private property?

Also an arrest warrant can only be issued by a court. "Will be issued" is not up to the chief of police. They can request a warrant. They can't issue them.

No reason to suppose a judge would refuse a request from the police chief to issue an warrant for refusing to comply with a police summons.

Big Joke was obviously busy brown nosing Thaksin and cabinet ministers in Chiang Mai over the weekend.  If he can clear this, he is still in the running for police chief in September and is young enough to stay in the job for 6 years. Lucrative deals could be made out of that with Thaksin and others.

Edited by Dogmatix

11 hours ago, Homburg said:

I suspect that a brown envelope may not have contained as much as the recipient desired.

We are beyond brown envelopes at this point now,...it's influence and connections now,...

Big Joke knows where all the bodies are and the history pertaining to such, so I don't see this going too far. I would suggest it's only a tactic to re-rail his future bid to the No1 position. 

11 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Last I saw, in the U.K. with family getting treatment for Stage 3 liver cancer.

Yes I kind of knew that funny isn't it with a country so quick on litigation even high up people whom chuvit "libeled " never seemed inclined to sue.

Perhaps they were too afraid to rattle him too much after all he knows he is dying what are they going to threaten him with. 

On 3/18/2024 at 11:18 AM, eisfeld said:

That's what it was in the western world, this is Thailand. Also note that this is what it was, not is in the western world.

10 hours ago, Matrosen said:

That's what it was in the western world, this is Thailand. Also note that this is what it was, not is in the western world.

No, that's how it is and was both in most western countries and in Thailand. Any evidence to the contrary? Please post.