Visa-free access to the UK in new roadmap pact signed in Bangkok on flying visit by Cameron

webfact

11 hours ago, Deserted said:

So thais can now go to the UK for a holiday and not need a visa?

No, they will talk about it: "active talks will now focus on granting visa-free access to Thai passport holders in the United Kingdom."

7 hours ago, AjarnMartin said:

RECIPROCITY is a great word to read when topics of this nature are announced. In other words, if Thai passport holders are able to enter the UK free, then UK passport holders should be able to enter Thailand on the same basis… not likely when Thailand relies on this cash cow for income…

People from the UK can enter Thailand 30 days for free already, Thais can't do that to the UK. You are blaming the wrong country.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

Interesting if a little disturbing to see a racist's POV.

So still struggling to come to terms with UK beginning to recognise Thailand as an equal.

The UK Royal Family could learn a thing or two from Thailand on how to manage scandals

6 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

I know lots of Foreigners that have taken their Thai girlfriends to England for a holiday and stayed there and got work. one is teaching English in a public school another is a waitress in a country hotel and another one works in a bakery.. I speak to them most weeks on FB. they used to by my students in a private language school years ago.

Sounds like the UK is on top of things...........

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

I hope the IDC in London has plenty of beds as they are going to need them! 

Thais are notorious for overstaying their visas and working illegally in other countries.

bob.

They are indeed.

There is a reason why tourist visas are so hard to get, because the history of Thai's overstaying!

In my wife's circle of Thai friends here in South Dakota, only her and one other came here legally, all the rest overstay until eventually they ended up marrying and getting an adjustment of status.

How many Thai's are in South Korea as overstay?

I bet anyone who lives outside Bangkok with a Thai wife knows at least one.

Good luck with this Mr Cameron, cos you're gonna need it, great story for illegal immigration control!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

With Thailand's corrupt courts, governments, Police and day-to-day practices, xenophobic and racist behaviour it is a long way off from becoming equal to the UK.

How's life in your ' woke world '

Another observation on racists....they are unable to actually put forward any arguments so they resort to cliches..e.g. "woke".

May I draw your attention to the comment by Kathy Burke - https://ifunny.co/picture/kath-kathyburke-i-love-being-woke-it-s-much-nicer-bqWU3B4h9?s=cl

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Since when did Thai become an international language? 🤔

Oh they will, just give them a bit of time!

Edited by Phil1964
Typo

Rich Thais (the only ones who can afford intl travel) can easily get visas anyway. But this does open up a market for prostitutes and marriage scams 😂... Not really much use to the majority of everyone else. 

7 hours ago, Olmate said:

Best to quote poster if you want them to read it.To reply. My view is formed by personal experience, many examples Ive related previously. If NZ govt chose not to deport Oz crims more fool them, and the voters. Oz bikergangs are just one eg of kiwi involved in crime, thousands there have crim history, you mention one Australian!! 

???

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Maybe the UK will end up having their own little Crackdown on 'breaking the law foreigners-working without permission-overstaying'  etc ........

They already do. An Indian restaurant owner near my mother's house in Cumbria was sent down for 3 years for employing illegal immigrants

11 hours ago, kwilco said:

Another observation on racists....they are unable to actually put forward any arguments so they resort to cliches..e.g. "woke".

May I draw your attention to the comment by Kathy Burke - https://ifunny.co/picture/kath-kathyburke-i-love-being-woke-it-s-much-nicer-bqWU3B4h9?s=cl

Nothing racist about me, It's you who is a bigot.

You don't need to draw my attention to anything as nothing you have to say interests me.

And resorting to rude memes in links shows not only have you not achieved in getting your point across, but you have had to use gutter humour to reinforce your bigotry.

Edited by Scouse123

10 hours ago, Purdey said:

Part of the roadmap should include reciprocity. I have met Thais with houses in the UK. Land ownership here is never discussed. Naturalization here is another topic.

They don't want to join anything that involves reciprocity

They only want the parts that directly benefit themselves.

Always been that way.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, proton said:

Luckily the Mrs never wants to the UK again, she says it's too dirty and too full of foreigners!

We can say the same thing about Thailand 🤣

We just completed the Visa UK 6 Month Tourist Visa application for my wife. Total cost about 8000 bath. I did it all myself without any paid assistance. 15 pages with all kind of questions like Father/Mother Names and Birth data, any Terrorists/Criminals in the family, and many more weird questions.  It felt more like an application for Citizenship. I dont believe that they ever will allow Visa free entry for Thai Citizens. It is nothing but window dressing.

18 hours ago, bullseye66 said:

Only in the minds of daily mail readers and GBnews viewers. 

Another sheeple with their head buried in the sand, or are you trolling.