Visa-free access to the UK in new roadmap pact signed in Bangkok on flying visit by Cameron

webfact

Good news better news if both countries could come to an agreement to allowing Brits living in Thailand seeing there OAP pensions unfrozen but we know that will never happen 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colki said:

Olmate you appear to have a very prejudiced view of NZ - Aust travel. It has been many many years since a reciprocal agreement of travel by either country  did not require a passport.

Australia did deport some NZ criminals some of whom had lived and grown up in Aust. nearly all their life (501`s I think called). NZ did not deport criminal australians and there are a lot more australians living in NZ than you would think.

Currently in jail in NZ is an australian convicted of terrorism and is the biggest mass murderer in our history. Shame about some bad kiwis isn`t it.

Best to quote poster if you want them to read it.To reply. My view is formed by personal experience, many examples Ive related previously. If NZ govt chose not to deport Oz crims more fool them, and the voters. Oz bikergangs are just one eg of kiwi involved in crime, thousands there have crim history, you mention one Australian!! 

• Confused 1

How nice, a new friend and strategic partner. And since Thais can buy property (with land) in the uk, will they be reciprocating?

And how about making it easier to take your Thai wife back home to your own country?

Cameron is clueless, he could have achieved so much more here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if they will un-freeze British Expats pensions

More chance of a tax rebate, but I thoroughly agree with it. 😅😂😅🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

4 hours ago, sungod said:

They insisted my wife print off more stuff she didn't need at extortionate rates, it was under the guise of 'helping her.

They did the same to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The deal was inked on a flying visit to Bangkok by newly appointed UK Foreign Secretary and former Prime Minister, David Cameron.

Thank Buddha it was a "flying visit" Lucky he did not have to swim or leg it

What is going on with the press these days?

Isn't Cameron getting a huge retired Prime Minister's Pension and now a big salary for his appt as Foreign Secretary?   There is plenty more able talent on the back benches of the Commons.

What talks would be needed on visa free 30 day visits to reciprocate what Thailand has long granted Brit passport holders? Get on with it! At least then my wife could join me, hassle free, on my short trips to UK to see my family and friends there

I've already posted this article to LBC London I'm interested if they even announce it on their air I'm sure the British people will love watching this by the conservatives

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

What talks would be needed on visa free 30 day visits to reciprocate what Thailand has long granted Brit passport holders? Get on with it! At least then my wife could join me, hassle free, on my short trips to UK to see my family and friends there

Yeah,

Let's forget all the ramifications of granting this type of visa waiver where the UK streets would be further flooded with illegals, who get jobs in Thai restaurants, nail shops, massage parlours and the overstayers and focus on your 30 days holiday with your wife to see your pals in Wetherspoons!

How selfish of the British government.

The British visa system already allows a Thai tourist to stay up to six months in the UK, not the 30 days they give a British tourist here.

And no bloody silly reporting and carrying passports around.

Get a proper visa like I have had to do.

1,000 GBP for 10 years, simples!.......😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

Only in the minds of daily mail readers and GBnews viewers. 

When was the last time you were in the UK?

I was there in January and all local hotels had no rooms for tourists as they were filled with asylum seekers, so what are you talking about?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Do you mean those racist Brits that get visas and put 800K in the bank and report every 90 days or the racist Brits that build houses for their wives and privately educate their children and very shortly will be having to pay tax for the privilege of bringing money into the country?

The Visa policies are there for a reason.

Japan, Korea, New Zealand and Australia have all had BIG problems with Thais not obeying visa rules and regulations, overstaying, working, etc.

Not at all like the racist Brits in Thailand who risk prosecution for mowing their lawn.

Interesting if a little disturbing to see a racist's POV.

So still struggling to come to terms with UK beginning to recognise Thailand as an equal.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

More than likely if it becomes law, it will allow entry for 30 days. Any more time would need a visa

They wouldn’t bother with a Visa. Present problem is getting entry into the UK once there they will stay for as long as they can like they do in every other country they can get access to like Japan, Korea, Singapore etc

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Interesting if a little disturbing to see a racist's POV.

So still struggling to come to terms with UK beginning to recognise Thailand as an equal.

With Thailand's corrupt courts, governments, Police and day-to-day practices, xenophobic and racist behaviour it is a long way off from becoming equal to the UK.

How's life in your ' woke world '

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, tom158 said:

Can't find any other references to this post, not even on UK gov site or Siam legal. They still cite the old requirements. 

That's because no changes have yet been made, as the OP very clearly states.

1 hour ago, Trippy said:

Great news! I hope the Thai's start complaining that no one in the UK speaks Thai.

In case nobody informed you, English is recognised as an international form of communication.

It is widely used as a first or second language in the USA, Australia, NZ, Scandinavia, India, Singapore, Malaysia, and many more as well as the UK.

Where outside Thailand is Thai spoken widely?

• Like 1