Thailand gears up to become global festival hub hosting Tomorrowland and Summer Sonic

webfact

Wow, global hub of festivals! Woodstock, Glastonbury, Isle of Wight all off to Thailand. Enough to make me return!

The problem is they'll probably have a rule that 51% of the acts have to be Thai.

• Love It 1

As soon as I hear that a festival is on its way I make plans to leave. Traffic congestion, accidents, police presence, rip-off vendors. How can they claim to be a hub when they don't have any infrastructure?

All he bangs on about is money. Nothing to do with bringing entertainment and culture here, no just money again.

Love to see people's reaction when they read that the reason Thailand wants the concerts is to purely to line their pockets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

As soon as I hear that a festival is on its way I make plans to leave. Traffic congestion, accidents, police presence, rip-off vendors. How can they claim to be a hub when they don't have any infrastructure?

You must be old.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, neeray said:

A "hub". What a novel idea. There's nothing like fresh "new" thinking. Hub, hmm !

Indeed... This 'Hub'.....   will it be before the 'crack down' (on foreigners) is over... 

Immigration told to 'screen foreigners'....  Then wants 'more free minded' characters to come here and attend a festival that is simply intolerable without substances that would place anyone caught at risk of a jail term and anyone dealing at risk of facing the death penalty. 

Thailand already has Wonderfruit (Festival) that attracts about 25,000 people, but doesn't have a huge international draw. 

Tomorrowland on the other hand is an internationally acclaimed festival, Thailand is an ideal place for it.

But first, Thailand needs to drop the 'Anti-Farang' rhetoric or the Police are going to have a field day and spoil the event for an awful lot of people which could result in a public own-goal. 

Edited by richard_smith237

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed... This 'Hub'.....   will it be before the 'crack down' (on foreigners) is over... 

Immigration told to 'screen foreigners'....  Then wants 'more free minded' characters to come here and attend a festival that is simply intolerable without substances that would place anyone caught at risk of a jail term and anyone dealing at risk of facing the death penalty. 

Thailand already has Wonderfruit (Festival) that attracts about 25,000 people, but doesn't have a huge international draw. 

Tomorrowland on the other hand is an internationally acclaimed festival, and attracted 400,000 people, Thailand is an ideal place for it if it gets the organisation down.

But first, Thailand needs to drop the 'Anti-Farang' rhetoric or the Police are going to have a field day and spoil the event for an awful lot of people which could result in a public own-goal. 

Cringe. Who wrote this? A couple of festivals does not a global festival hub make. They’ve always done this. The word hub means less when Thai governments and their backers use it; either misunderstanding its actual meaning or just talking up nationalistic twaddle, which is a third world trait when overused. Thailand, along with Singapore, might be a hub for flights into the SEA region, but is not a global air hub etc etc. 

On 3/25/2024 at 7:38 PM, Ralf001 said:

You must be old.

Must be yes. The point was traffic congestion and all round crap organisation makes me leave until it's over.

Obvious sign of age Einstein.

12 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

Must be yes. The point was traffic congestion and all round crap organisation makes me leave until it's over.

Obvious sign of age Einstein.

Build a bridge champ... and get over it.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:12 PM, Ralf001 said:

Build a bridge champ... and get over it.

Nothing to build.

Think you're mistaking me for someone who gives a toss.

I simply clear off for the weekend to avoid the congestion.

2 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I've read that Tomorrowland is not committed to anything happening in Thailand yet, is this like the LaLisa concert announcement thing again?

Yeah I reckon in will sits in the same "aint gunna happen" basket that the BS of bringing F1 to Thailand sits.

Like seriously how could an event like Tomorrowland come here, are the police gunna arrest 100k people of their dial on disco bikkies !!!