Thailand house of representatives approves same-sex marriage bill

webfact

On 4/5/2024 at 7:00 AM, Ben Zioner said:

Ok, some of us oldies are bound to die soon, after a good life. But Genesis 13.12 and Genesis 19.29 teach what is going to happen to you.

Following this kind of "scripture" and claiming such experience as living a "good life" is the Merriam-Webster definition of "there's no fool like an old fool."

Luckily for us time is on our (younger) side...we won't have this Genesis nonsense "shove down our throat" much longer!

Edited by watthong
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

What about foreigners marrying ladyboys? Can they get a marriage visa?

I don't see how "Legally" there is any difference in a foreigner marrying a ladyboy & one marrying a Thai male as they're both "Legally" (i.e. what their official gender is on their Passport/ID etc...) Males. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

What about foreigners marrying ladyboys? Can they get a marriage visa?

see below

Edited by watthong

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

We don't know yet how marriage equality will apply to immigration law but obviously if it does pass through to immigration law it would mean you could get a marriage visa based on marriage to a Thai of any gender.

Back in my stateside days, I used to work in Immigration related  field (for third party doing contracted work off INS, as US Immigration was known back then) and run into quite a bit of Anna Nicole Smith scenario, ie young girls marrying rich old geyzers. Whenever we see a 20 plus year gap between the ages of the couple, us file clerks would quickly leaf through to page XX of the green card application, and sure enough we would see serious amount of income and assets from the part of the groom.

Will that be any reason to deny? No such thing, INS don't rule out the possibility that these two are getting married for love/companionship - among other things -that constitute marriage between 2 PEOPLE. All the conundrum that surrounds the legitimacy of a straight couple would also happen EQUALLY to a gay couple when they apply for a marriage license. The question of which SEX either party belongs to will not be relevant in whether the marriage is going to be "genuine" (for love or money or companionship or a combination thereof). To put it bluntly, if a bar girl can marry for love, so can a ladyboy or any other gender-arrangement thereof.

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, watthong said:

Back in my US days, I used to work in Immigration related  field (as third party doing contracted work off INS, as US Immigration was known back then) and run into quite a bit of Anna Nicole Smith scenario, ie young girls marrying rich old geyzers. Whenever we see a 20 plus year gap between the ages of the couple, us file clerks would quickly leaf through to page XX of the green card application, and sure enough we would see serious amount of income and assets from the part of the groom.

Will that be any reason to deny? No such thing, INS don't rule out the possibility that these two are getting married for love/companionship - among other things -that constitute marriage between 2 PEOPLE. All the conundrum that surrounds the legitimacy of a straight couple would also happen EQUALLY to a gay couple when they apply for a marriage license. The question of which SEX either party belongs to will not be relevant in whether the marriage is going to be "genuine" (for love or money or companionship or a combination thereof). To put it bluntly, if a bar girl can marry for love, so can a ladyboy or any other gender-arrangement thereof.

Good.😂

No idea why people. Are agsist age gaps. 

Some younger people are naturally attracted to older, and same the other way around. 

There is a 20 year age gap between me and my partner and we have been together for 28 years and still in love. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1