Picture of Israeli soldier holding Thai flag causes a stir

webfact

1 hour ago, SomNaNa555 said:

Jayboy is an Israeli troll. Ignore 

In other words, neither you nor he is willing to say how Israel should have responded to the Hamas atrocities in October.

3 minutes ago, jayboy said:

In other words, neither you nor he is willing to say how Israel should have responded to the Hamas atrocities in October.

They are not the sharpest tools in the box jay. 😕

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You are allowed to have an opinion, so? 

An opinion that happens to be the truth and the only way you'll change the truth is to enter the world of whataboutery.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

An opinion that happens to be the truth and the only way you'll change the truth is to enter the world of whataboutery.

It can seems true when you operate with single ethical standard

Edited by Hummin

Just now, Hummin said:

It can seems true when you operate with single ethical standard! 

You don't get to decide who has what ethical standards, do you want Israel to lay down their arms so the terrorists can wipe them out, this is not just Israel, this is about Jews world wide and you seem to have fallen for the terrorist propaganda. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You don't get to decide who has what ethical standards, do you want Israel to lay down their arms so the terrorists can wipe them out, this is not just Israel, this is about Jews world wide and you seem to have fallen for the terrorist propaganda. 

But you seems to claim you have the truth, so basically you prove my point very well. 

10 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

They are not the sharpest tools in the box jay. 😕

I'm not claiming they are other than intelligent and principled - but they will not answer my question about what Israel should have done, and through their silence on that matter forfeit their position.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 8:01 AM, ezzra said:

The way world's opinion of Israel at the moment, no matter what hey will hold in their hands,

anything and everything will not look good, the world forgot the authorities Hamas inflected on 

hapless people back in 7.10, now they all feel sorry for rapists and murderers and the people who

support them,  It's fickle crazy world out there with very selective memory...

Great first post - and totally 'on point'.

14 Likes, 2 Loves, 8 Thumbs Up, 8 Thanks, 25 Agrees = 57 Supporting.

11 Confused, 12 Sad, 3 Laughs = 26 Against.

There you have it - there ARE many more rational and logical Expats on Asian Now.

The short-term memories and the emotionally foolish ARE loud and get angry - but the vast majority are not so inclined.

That is a WIN for AN.

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

I'm not claiming they are other than intelligent and principled - but they will not answer my question about what Israel should have done, and through their silence on that matter forfeit their position.

Already been debated to death here and every other tread concerning the conflict! 

Two terrorist states doesnt make one more right than the other.

Human rights have been broken since day one, and no, this conflict did not start 7. October! 

I do not feel for repeating myself over and over for death ears and laud bullies who enjoy repeating themselves to death. 

If I was Israeli,  born and living in Israel, I might had an other view, and if I was born in Gaza, I might had another view.

No, im not cheering for terrorism, because Im born outside conflict area, and have a bright mind where I can see clear whats have been, and whats going on today. 

I have no problem to disagree with others without name calling and low standard dialog.

Edited by Hummin

I have a question - to all those people outraged and angry by what Israel has done to Gaza.

What have you done and/or what have you said about the atrocities being committed by the Military Dictatorhip in Myanmar since they illegally took over in a violent coup and imprisoned a Nobel Peace Prize winning politician? 

Now please dont take that as a criticism - take it as a genuine open question.

When you answer that with the truth - then you may begin to realise that your 'selective' outrage is being fanned by the media.

Then you might think about all the other atrocities being done all over the world every year.

Then you should take a look at all the media driven outrage not involving Israel - where is it?

And then you might realise that the media drive discontent and outrage because it sells - they love wars because they do best in times of war and Israel is a very easy target.

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You are also very confused. There is only Hamas and it's military brothers who are terrorists

Thats your opinion, and what you believe

The modern borders of Israel exist as the result both of past wars and of diplomatic agreements between the State of Israel and its neighbours, as well as an effect of the agreements among colonial powers ruling in the region before Israel's creation. Only two of Israel's five total potential land borders are internationally recognized and uncontested.

To conquer and keep the borders as they preserve today, and continue to make larger, they use unorthodox methods, and seen as regulary human rights violation. 

So now once more tried to communicate simple things, that even a pro Ukrainian would understand

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borders_of_Israel

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Thats your opinion, and what you believe

The modern borders of Israel exist as the result both of past wars and of diplomatic agreements between the State of Israel and its neighbours, as well as an effect of the agreements among colonial powers ruling in the region before Israel's creation. Only two of Israel's five total potential land borders are internationally recognized and uncontested.

To conquer and keep the borders as they preserve today, and continue to make larger, they use unorthodox methods, and seen as regulary human rights violation. 

So now once more tried to communicate simple things, that even a pro Ukrainian would understand

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borders_of_Israel

That wasn't my opinion, it was fact, you can stop with the dishonesty now.

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Two terrorist states doesnt make one more right than the other.

Human rights have been broken since day one, and no, this conflict did not start 7. October! 

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here we go again.  Nobody ever claimed the conflict started on 7th Oct. The war did. Had it not been for 7th Oct there would be no war now.

You are also very confused. There is only Hamas and it's military brothers who are terrorists

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That wasn't my opinion, it was fact, you can stop with the dishonesty now.

Well, your facts differ from my opinion, and Israel have proved themseles to be as calculated and brutal as Hamas terrorists, and also do little or nothing to protect palestinians from abuse from new settlers and guards. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No, im not cheering for terrorism, because Im born outside conflict area, and have a bright mind where I can see clear whats have been, and whats going on today. 

I have no problem to disagree with others without name calling and low standard dialog.

Calling low standard dialogue is not name calling eh, you have a terrible high opinion of yourself that nobody else sees, stop this I am holier than thou attitude it is not very becoming.

There is genocide happening all the world and no-one bats an eyelid, nobody marches for those attacks because it's Muslim against Muslim, but because Israel refuses to allow the Palestinians to annihilate them the world goes crazy, the world has been totally suckered into believing terrorist good...Israeli bad. No Jews no news. 

Never again is now!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

Calling low standard dialogue is not name calling eh, you have a terrible high opinion of yourself that nobody else sees, stop this I am holier than thou attitude it is not very becoming.

There is genocide happening all the world and no-one bats an eyelid, nobody marches for those attacks because it's Muslim against Muslim, but because Israel refuses to allow the Palestinians to annihilate them the world goes crazy, the world has been totally suckered into believing terrorist good...Israeli bad. No Jews no news. 

Never again is now!

Im done with you know!

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Well, your facts differ from my opinion, and Israel have proved themseles to be as calculated and brutal as Hamas terrorists, and also do little or nothing to protect palestinians from abuse from new settlers and guards. 

That's the thing with facts, they trump opinions based on your beliefs

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

My country pulled out every business and quit every bilateral connections and support. 

What about you - it is not what your country has done for you ............

Can you link any posts you made on AN about Myanmar - and anything about all the other 'atrocities and genocides' in the world?

• Like 1