British backpacker murderers make fresh appeal against sentence (video)

webfact

On 4/2/2024 at 2:08 PM, Jack100 said:

Sounds familiar to the  Hanratty case in the UK ! Contaminated or botched DNA ! 

Hanratty case was/still is unbelievable. Police agreed in the 1990's review that the negative evidence (couldn't have done it) outweighed the positive. How he was ever convicted and hanged in the 1960's is mind boggling. DNA processing in the 2000's was performed using evidence that hadn't been stored correctly and cross contamination was possible. Plus it was subjected to amplification techniques that reduced accuracy. To finally 'put the case to bed' the judges claimed that the original positive evidence plus the new DNA now passed the 'guilty beyond reasonable doubt' test. They conveniently ignored the large amount of original negative evidence. An absolute con trick if ever there was one!

• Thanks 1

Late aughts Kao Tao got a bad reputation for the motorcycle scam. Same as the jet ski scam. Never went there for that reason. It amazes me there was a good deal of awareness back then, yet today the current crop of backpackers are unaware of its  much more sinister reputation.

Don't know the details, but the Isla de Muerta, has claimed another victim. London kid, as usual the news & facts have been stuffed by the island and media. Granted the national media has its hands full with 'farang be evil' month on Phuket so how can they be expected to deviate from the script? 

Edited by Dcheech
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2024 at 5:14 PM, kiwikeith said:

I don't think there is one protected serial killer on Koh Tao, but many protected killing brats who can get away with murder, if I was Burmese I would stay well away from these mafia islands. 

of course there is. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

Yes, there has been another tourist death on KT.  Details are sketchy because the news is being suppressed by the powers that be on KT.  It has been reported on social media that he died after going on a pub crawl.  He was found the following day near a dive shop wearing the pub crawl t-shirt.  There are photos of him attending the pub crawl with his girl friend.  It may have been an accident but who knows?

surpressed, says who? if someone dies is it really anyones business but the families and British embassy to be contacted first or do you think it should be reported to Ian cockwood or the hippo Suzanna so they can try to spin into something it's not?

from what i understand the dude fell in a storm water/drainage channel that goes behind a few businesses to the sea, this was after being on the pub crawl, unfortunately people can make bad judgements when intoxicated

Edited by frank83628
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, frank83628 said:

surpressed, says who? if someone dies is it really anyones business but the families and British embassy to be contacted first or do you think it should be reported to Ian cockwood or the hippo Suzanna so they can try to spin into something it's not?

from what i understand the dude fell in a storm water/drainage channel that goes behind a few businesses to the sea, this was after being on the pub crawl, unfortunately people can make bad judgements when intoxicated

A few weeks ago, the arrest of a British drugs dealer on Koh Tao was reported in the news.  It was reported in the press in Thailand that incidents involving tourists on Koh Tao were being suppressed to avoid further bad publicity for the island.  Fair enough.  In this latest incident it is not known what really happened because the press haven't picked up the story.  Social media is saying the gentleman may have fallen into a storm drain but who knows for sure (do you?) since the information is not being released. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IslandLover said:

A few weeks ago, the arrest of a British drugs dealer on Koh Tao was reported in the news.  It was reported in the press in Thailand that incidents involving tourists on Koh Tao were being suppressed to avoid further bad publicity for the island.  Fair enough.  In this latest incident it is not known what really happened because the press haven't picked up the story.  Social media is saying the gentleman may have fallen into a storm drain but who knows for sure (do you?) since the information is not being released. 

there have been a few bike crash deaths that haven't been reported too.  not everything needs to make the news, there are no media on the Island so who are the police or rescue going to tell? do you not think the families should be told before things are plastered over the press? the dude that got caught with drugs went to Samui court, thats why he was in the news.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, frank83628 said:

there have been a few bike crash deaths that haven't been reported too.  not everything needs to make the news, there are no media on the Island so who are the police or rescue going to tell? do you not think the families should be told before things are plastered over the press? the dude that got caught with drugs went to Samui court, thats why he was in the news.

I would hope the next of kin and the victim's relevant embassy/consulate would be the first to be notified when a foreigner dies in Thailand.  I've no doubt the family of this latest victim already know of his demise.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

I would hope the next of kin and the victim's relevant embassy/consulate would be the first to be notified when a foreigner dies in Thailand.  I've no doubt the family of this latest victim already know of his demise.

Yes, that is the down side to social media, people can post whatever they hear without any regard for next of kin or family, i just hope the usual 2 scumbags don't try and stick their noses in trying to claim foul play, as they have done previously.

i originally heard this was a female and a wall fell on them. 

10 hours ago, frank83628 said:

Yes, that is the down side to social media, people can post whatever they hear without any regard for next of kin or family, i just hope the usual 2 scumbags don't try and stick their noses in trying to claim foul play, as they have done previously.

i originally heard this was a female and a wall fell on them. 

The victim is male and British.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

British newspaper coverage of the latest death of a backpacker

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13300463/British-backpacker-dead-shallow-water-ditch-Thailands-notorious-Koh-Tao-Death-Island-vanishing-night-girlfriend.html

The body of a British backpacker has been found in a shallow ditch on Thailand's notorious Koh Tao island, where several tourists have died in suspicious circumstances in recent years.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/2/2024 at 12:29 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Not sure anyone believes they were the murderers, imagine that, being in prison for a crime you didn't commit 

On 4/3/2024 at 5:36 AM, spidermike007 said:

Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo are as innocent as the day is long, many people from that area know what the truth is, that the son of the headman of Sairee Beach is a serial killer, and David and Hannah are not the only ones he's taken out.

These guys were framed, this is a super rich family who own the police, and this entire thing was a big setup from the beginning. It is a despicable situation, where truth and justice have never mattered. 

What else is new, unfortunately? TIT. Compare that with the way the criminal “Boss”, was let go with the complicity of police and others . One can only hope justice will be done somehow (karma?). The scales of justice eventually balance out.

• Agree 1