No longer able to book appointment for marriage extension

narkeddiver

Has anyone been able to book an appointment at Chiang Mai Immigration for a Marriage Extension recently?

I checked just now and it looks like you can only choose Volunteer, Business, Education, Pension

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pgrahmm said:

We did ours through the satellite location at the mall....They were trundling them through there.... It's a briskly busy place....

Thanks for the heads up

Last time I was at Central Festival they weren’t doing Marriage Extensions but I need to get a re-entry permit for a trip before my extension is due so I’ll check it out at the same time

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

Thanks for the heads up

Last time I was at Central Festival they weren’t doing Marriage Extensions but I need to get a re-entry permit for a trip before my extension is due so I’ll check it out at the same time

I don't know how accurate this is, but I've heard that Re-entry permits at Central Festival CM have to be done before 11.00 a.m. I'm still to check this out, but will be asking the question at CM Immigration on Friday when I do my extension.

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

I don't know how accurate this is, but I've heard that Re-entry permits at Central Festival CM have to be done before 11.00 a.m. I'm still to check this out, but will be asking the question at CM Immigration on Friday when I do my extension.

As of this morning Central Festival Immigration says are-entry permits are open 09:00 to 11:30.

This is at the entrance - on the re-entry desk is says 09:00 to 12:00 - I would go with what is said at the entrance to be on the safe side

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, narkeddiver said:

As of this morning Central Festival Immigration says are-entry permits are open 09:00 to 11:30.

This is at the entrance - on the re-entry desk is says 09:00 to 12:00 - I would go with what is said at the entrance to be on the safe side

Can you go straight to the re-entry desk, or do you have to join the queue with everyone seeking all other services?

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Can you go straight to the re-entry desk, or do you have to join the queue with everyone seeking all other services?

I was there before 09:00 this morning so I don’t know what happens later in the day but here’s my experience 

about 08:45 a group of girls come out and pre-checked everyone’s docs

if your docs were ok you got a separate number (plastic card) for either re-entry or extension and joined a new queue. If your docs were not ok (ie form not filled in) you had to step out of the queue to fill it in and wait to get your number.

when the doors opened you went to a waiting area behind the entrance desk, but before the waiting area for the processing desks

When your number is called you go to the entrance desk where they re-check your docs and make sure you have the money to pay. You are then given a new number (paper) and move to the processing desk waiting area and wait for your new number to be called

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Do they have a photocopier?

Yes behind the main block or nip over the road to the photo copy office.

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Do they have a photocopier?

At Central Festival Immigration they do - the girls at the entrance desk took a photocopy of my 90 day report and did not charge me for it. It seemed that the Chinese lady in front of me who was doing re-entries for her and her 2 daughters was charged as she was missing a few photocopies

It also looks like there is a “private” photocopy service available further into the mall but close to immigration 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bg53 said:

Do they process non-O extensions at Central Festival? Could anyone confirm?

The only two categories I can recall seeing on the wall there were Student and Teacher

5 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

The only two categories I can recall seeing on the wall there were Student and Teacher

What I thought too until this thread - especially Bill97's reply above.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:23 PM, Bill97 said:

Yes recently

The signs of the Central Festival branch office didn't say retirement visa extensions are processed. Are you certain?

On 4/3/2024 at 8:39 PM, bg53 said:

Do they process non-O extensions at Central Festival? Could anyone confirm?

On 4/3/2024 at 9:15 PM, Bill97 said:

Yes some.

46 minutes ago, bg53 said:

The signs of the Central Festival branch office didn't say retirement visa extensions are processed. Are you certain?

No can do there. Only 90 day, reentry, stv, teacher student stuff.  

On 4/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, narkeddiver said:

Has anyone been able to book an appointment at Chiang Mai Immigration for a Marriage Extension recently?

I checked just now and it looks like you can only choose Volunteer, Business, Education, Pension

I just did mine at Central Festival... 11 am appointment... in and out in 15 minutes... had to wait for them to scan the mountain of paperwork and take picture

Edited by Skipalongcassidy

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I just did mine at Central Festival... 11 am appointment... in and out in 15 minutes... had to wait for them to scan the mountain of paperwork and take picture

It was mentioned earlier that they do not give out appointments for marriage visas  there any longer.

Please advise how you got an appointment at the Central Festival office.  To my knowledge, there's only one appointment website and that's only for appointments at the main CM immigration office.

2 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Please advise how you got an appointment at the Central Festival office.  To my knowledge, there's only one appointment website and that's only for appointments at the main CM immigration office.

Use an agent... easy

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bg53 said:

No things could have changed, yesterday.

They gave me one...

Just to clarify for others, I am guessing what you are saying is that either an agent got you an appointment at Central Festival or you stopped by at Central Festival and they gave you one (if it's the latter, say so as that might help others).  I was simply trying to point out that online appointments are not available at the Central Festival office.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Bill97 said:

No things could have changed, yesterday.

If you know for certain or have personal experience, say so. If not, please don't give wrong advice about visa matters even if you mean well.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, narkeddiver said:

Still there.

Screenshot_20240412_185305_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1