Deputy PM supports regulated cannabis use in Thailand

snoop1130

I am surprised at his comment.

He is standing by what he said years ago when he first proposed the change to decriminalise it ie it is for medical reasons, not for recreational use.

I am amazed that he is still standing by what he said back then.

Thailand just decriminalized cannabis. But you still can’t smoke joints, minister says

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/09/asia/thailand-cannabis-legal-minister-interview-intl-hnk/index.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a significant public announcement, Deputy Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul voiced his stance on the ongoing cannabis debate in Thailand, declaring he supports regulated use.

Says the man who introduced it in an un-regulated fashion.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Most see it as regulated - licenses required to produce and sell, age limited, no public use, several other restrictions. Probably, with regards to youths, at least as well regulated as alcohol and tobacco.

Now you may wish it were more regulated - that's a government task, or that regulations were universally enforced - that's a police issue.

13 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Chapter 4 - How to ruin a country in 365 days

Sorry, what is this book? One of the shortest ever written?

What are the titles of Chapters 1, 2 & 3?

Can we get a book report from you?

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Chapter 5: How to get all that lost money back into bent people's pockets.

That's a guarantee regardless, same with the entire 10,000 give-a-way. It is long known that all money printed gy governments ends up with the select few rich in no time. The only benefit for all the other people is the moment they get it, right after that, everything becomes more expensive as a consequence (inflation).

A cigar from ones own box. Deal with the devil, it's like agreeing to get permanently 3% less wage (consumption power) for a 1 time double wage (cash). Worst of all is they not even let you invest it or buy gold from it, no you need to spend it where they like you to do so.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Agree 1

Anutin is a complete imbecile, I actually thought his support for legalization was a good thing a few years back, but the reality is that billions have been invested and now they want to change the ground rules. It's completely ridiculous, walking this back is not the answer. I wish it was his money that was on the line. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The 57 year old Thai politician strongly asserted that if used in the right manner, cannabis and hemp could significantly boost the local economy by generating substantial income

for me

this guy only one thing on his mind - his own pocket

Edited by smedly
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The shops I have been in recorded everything, as far as I could see.  Grams, type, price.  Some just took quick pics of the transaction to enter into books later.  They were all licensed  and followed the rules.  (corruption probably same level as any other business here)  🙂 

Let them collect 10% VAT and everybody could be happy. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Most see it as regulated - licenses required to produce and sell, age limited, no public use, several other restrictions. Probably, with regards to youths, at least as well regulated as alcohol and tobacco.

So who do the shops and online sellers sell to?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, marcusb said:

The shops I have been in recorded everything, as far as I could see.  Grams, type, price.  Some just took quick pics of the transaction to enter into books later.  They were all licensed  and followed the rules.  (corruption probably same level as any other business here)  🙂 

Let them collect 10% VAT and everybody could be happy. 

Medicinal use only, no public use... so the shops sell to who without a prescription?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Medicinal use only, no public use... so the shops sell to who without a prescription?

Did I say they recorded names?    No, I did not.     

Currently shops sell recreational and medicinal freely,  no need for a doctors note.   Also people that do get prescriptions in the future will still be part of the public, so there will always public use.  

• Agree 1