Police Scotland almost 4,000 complaints in first 48 hours of Humza Yousaf's hate crime law

Social Media

Should create a nice bit of over time.

At least those coppers that have overstretched themselves financially can earn a bit extra and save themselves from, allegedly, missing meals and using food banks.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

veiled xenophobic/racist comment, is this acceptable under forum rules?

racist what, what are you even talking about? The other guy said something that offends you and you're asking the mods to silence him? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

I dunno, his racist anti white/whaite speech perhaps?

Within the URL below a is the text from Humza Yousaf's speech. No racist commentary, just referring to the complete lack of minorities in position of authority and urging change to address the issue. I was born and raised in London. I well remember racist and discriminatory actions. From reading commentary within this app, obviously still alive and well in the UK.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/full-and-uncut-what-is-the-humza-yousaf-white-people-speech-which-has-sparked-racism-complaints-under-scotlands-new-hate-crime-law-4578704

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Within the URL below a is the text from Humza Yousaf's speech. No racist commentary, just referring to the complete lack of minorities in position of authority and urging change to address the issue. I was born and raised in London. I well remember racist and discriminatory actions. From reading commentary within this app, obviously still alive and well in the UK.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/full-and-uncut-what-is-the-humza-yousaf-white-people-speech-which-has-sparked-racism-complaints-under-scotlands-new-hate-crime-law-4578704

This not about London which you kindly introduced for effect, this is also not how you personally conceive his racist speech, this is about people who find his speech extremely distressing and reported him quite rightly to the police. Maybe you are influenced by your type of reading material, I don't know, but for him to suggest quite vehemently that all the top positions are covered by whaites is deliberately stirring hatred, don't forget that Scotland is a predominately white country! 

From reading commentary within this app, obviously still alive and well in the UK.

You just cannot help yourself with your snide remarks can you!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

What would have happened in the UK if a white person had emulated his speech but had used the word brown instead, rhetorical question as we all know that all the liberal type lefties would be baying for blood. 

I shan't be exchanging many more posts with yourself as I find your views in the extreme to say the least!

Great - please don't reply. I too find your POV on many issues extreme.

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

According to population data, 95.4 per cent of the Scottish population report their ethnicity as 'White'. Approximately 4.5 percent of the population are from ethnic minorities, with the Asian population being the largest minority ethnic group (2.8 per cent). 

Part of the process of deracination into the multicultural melting pot is having your ethnic identity stripped from you and becoming merely "white". Before you were a Scottish man, now you're a white man (lowercase "w"!). In America is makes sense to some degree since there's more mixing of whites but in Scotland it's totally unjustified and something I would be pushing back again.

23 minutes ago, simple1 said:

This is undeniably racist if you switch the races. He doesn't even call them Scottish but dehumanizes them into a mere color.  I'll repost this from my other comment:

"Prime minister... BROWN, secretary of state... BROWN.... chief of police...BROWN" Too many brown people in Thailand!

See how that sounds? You sound like a lunatic to be in Thailand and be so irate at the amount of brown people.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, it is what it is said:

veiled xenophobic/racist comment, is this acceptable under forum rules?

He's mates with Sadiq Khan......

You going to try and spin that one too?

4 hours ago, nauseus said:
11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't even know what 'intersex status' means!

It flags whether or not you are into sex.

Thanks for clearing that up, similar to the inter city trains- I thought it meant you were prepared to travel for a bunk up.

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Like Nigel Farage standing up in Parliament and saying

"Theres  too many Brown people here"

Rishi Sunak : Brown 

Suella Braverman : Brown 

Pret Gill : Brown 

Mohammed Yasin : Brown 

Priti Patel : Brown 

Siddique Khan : Brown .

"Brown people everywhere I go , things have got to change "

That just wouldn't be acceptable (and rightly so )

You missed James Cleverly- he's black, or not sure we are allowed to say that as maybe he is a person of colour. Regardless, top man as he is a Lt Col in the the reserves.

38 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I don't read antisemite books nor do I close my eyes to obvious rascism from Scotlands FM. If you find my views extreme that the Scottish first minister in his speech was dripping with hate towards "whaites" you have the problem and not me. 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I wonder how @simple1 would think about that? 

I wonder if Humza had said the same thing about Scotlands favourite family 'The Broons' whether it would make any difference to excusing his speech! 

Maw Broon... Whaite

Paw Broon...Whaite

Hen Broon... Whaite

Joe Broon... Whaite

Horace Broon... Whaite

Daphne and Maggie... Whaite

The Twins... Whaite

And the wee Bairn... Whaite

🤔

16 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

No one posted the video so here it is. He has a clear racial hatred against the Scottish people. Visibly disgusted they govern their own country, how dare they! Imagine if your son which you raised in Thailand did this to the Thai people after getting elected. 

Hatred against the Scottish people? He IS Scottish. Is it self loathing that you are accusing him of? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's not a conspiracy. The speech is on YouTube. I already posted it here.

The guidelines for what constitues hate speech are on the police website. The speech falls within that. They want people to report it, so I did.

Where is the conspiracy?

It's in chompers mind... he has an answer for every problem in the world and all of them are chomper biased

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Did that really make sense to you when you typed it?

If there were no black or Asian MPs in Westminster then maybe it might have worked (and, of course, if the UK parliament was still blighted by that grifter'a presence) but the point Humza Yousef was making is that there are very few people of black or Asian heritage in the Scottish parliament despite Scots of ethnic heritage making up a sizeable number of our countrymen.

• Confused 1