Pattaya Police Stop Suspicious Motorcyclist, Find Drugs and Gun

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya police arrested a Thai motorcyclist whom they decided to pull over due to his suspicious demeanor. However, the suspect fled but was later arrested with illegal drugs and a gun.

On April 6th, 2024, a team of police officers from the Banglamung Police Station conducted a safety patrol in the Soi Khao Talo area of Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

During the patrol, the officers spotted a man acting suspiciously while riding a Honda Wave motorcycle. When police attempted to pull him over, he fled on his motorbike.

The officers chased the suspect, later identified as 26-year-old Mr. Thirasak Prungthongdee, to a nearby apartment building on Soi Ban Noen Railway 2. Mr. Thirasak then abandoned his motorcycle and ran to the second floor of the building. However, as he tried to open a door, the officers caught up to him and arrested him.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-09

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

PPNew1000.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

the officers spotted a man acting suspiciously

police attempted to pull him over

Something sounds fishy here. 

I see Thai's breaking the law, acting suspiciously everyday in front of the cops but none are ever pulled over. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The officers chased the suspect, later identified as 26-year-old Mr. Thirasak Prungthongdee, to a nearby apartment building on Soi Ban Noen Railway 2. Mr. Thirasak then abandoned his motorcycle and ran to the second floor of the building. However, as he tried to open a door, the officers caught up to him and arrested him

Not the best escape plan I've heard of

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

a team of police officers from the Banglamung Police Station conducted a safety patrol in the Soi Khao Talo area of Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

A ground-breaking first!  I've been in this area over five YEARS & seen ONE cop out doing his shopping.  They don't even show up for the traffic mayhem during rush hour.

Just carrying a gun in public warrants a 10 year stretch in prison.  Firing it or using it to threaten anyone warrants DEATH.  Time to get strong with all the yobs. Advertise the penalties widely and carrry them out!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

PPNew1000.jpg

Aseannow forum is funny. Has an article about Police finding drugs then at the bottom of their post they advertise drugs for us all to buy. Nice one lol

On 4/9/2024 at 9:19 AM, prakhonchai nick said:

Just carrying a gun in public warrants a 10 year stretch in prison.  Firing it or using it to threaten anyone warrants DEATH.  Time to get strong with all the yobs. Advertise the penalties widely and carrry them out!

I wonder how that plays out with all the cases of drunken police officers, here in Thailand that have threatened innocent members of the public or fired their weapons in public and have been transferred to another post. 

In my 20 years here, I've read of dozens of cases - yet never heard of punishment by death.

Now that too would be a step forward.