Phuket hotel evicts foreigner who threatened taxi driver with knives

webfact

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

Phuket, again. Foreigner, again. There really must be something in the air down there. There's been so many reports of foreigners going bonkers on Phuket!

Phuket has become a refuge for all the dregs of society from around the world...

It started with Phipats Sandbox scheme to boost tourist numbers and make Phuket look like a post Covid recovery success story, and continues with the now Russians and others

Som nam na.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A Ukrainian-Portuguese woman who threatened a Phuket taxi driver while holding knives behind her back has been evicted from her hotel. But not from the province (at this stage anyway).

Khaosod English reports that the hotel in the sub-district of Rawai evicted the woman, claiming she had a history of causing problems and was disturbing other guests.

The woman, named only as Nadiya, first hit the headlines after refusing to pay a female taxi driver who dropped her off at the hotel. When the driver followed her into the hotel demanding payment, the tourist took 2 knives from a nearby kitchen area and began threatening the woman.

By Peter Roche

PHOTO: Khaosod English

Full story: PhuketGO 2024-04-09

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

PPNew1000.jpg

Ukrainian with Russian roots? They seem to be really be very same. Rude and hot hearted

Outta!!!👏

11 minutes ago, NatureFilm said:

why we hear almost only from foreigners crime, feels like a big nationalstic campane against foreigners. There are thousands of crimes every day in any country in the world

But this is a foreigner bashing forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Oh, those Ukrainians! It's time for Ukrainian bashing :partytime2:

They don't like to pay money. They want to have everything for free! Because they are victims of the Russian aggression! The whole world must support them and give them various freebies... :welcomeani:

While back in Bali when this whole thing erupted, I used to kindly remove Ukrainian flags from their motorcycles. If they were so proud of one of the most corrupt countries on earth, why what the hell were they doing in Bali?

16 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Correct. This is classified as "Murder Threat".

https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/criminal-defense/criminal-penalties-for-murder-threats/

Once I was charged for "Murder Threat" when I lived in Moscow, Russia way back in 2000.

This is a serious crime in many countries. But it seems, not in Thailand. Are there any Thailand based lawyers here?

Thailand has never lived under the Old Testament; there is no such thing as THOU SHALLT NOT THREATEN WITH MURDER!

Besides, Thailand is also one of the few countries that does not require a police check.

Means: gates are wide open for all criminals and offenders to get redemption and feel free to finish their business here!

• Thumbs Up 1

The police in Thailand need to be a bit more confrontational. Threat with knives and she is not behind bars?

Everytime I see one of these farang reports I say a silent prayer...."please don't let it be an American".

We have enough problems as it is. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Expat Tom said:

The police in Thailand need to be a bit more confrontational. Threat with knives and she is not behind bars?

Everytime I see one of these farang reports I say a silent prayer...."please don't let it be an American".

We have enough problems as it is. 

Fortunately the UK especially London doesn't seem to export the usual knife wielding suspects to holiday destinations. 

8 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

But this is a foreigner bashing forum.

No, this is a Russian bashing forum! Bashing of Ukrainians is strictly forbidden! :partytime2:

They are sacred people. The victims of the Russian aggression! :welcomeani:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stoner said:
33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Holding a knife and not harming anyone could never be called attempted murder.

correct. however approaching them with one and threatening them is.

No, that alone definitely would not be "attempted murder".  Likely to be a Section 392 misdemeanor threat, that's all , a B1,000 maximum fine or up to one month inside.

6 minutes ago, Modern Coding said:

Thailand is also one of the few countries that does not require a police check

Yes, I don't like it. Stricter visa rules are necessary for everyone who wants to enter Thailand. But obviously, PM wants to open the doors for all criminals and fugitives from all over the world! How sad.

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Phuket has become a refuge for all the dregs of society from around the world...

It started with Phipats Sandbox scheme to boost tourist numbers and make Phuket look like a post Covid recovery success story, and continues with the now Russians and others

Som nam na.

Well it has gone downhill fast since I first came here in 2004, and although I still live here, I am saddened by its decline.

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

She did not attempt to murder anyone

Correct. She only threatened to kill another person. This constitutes a "Murder Threat" criminal offence. What Section is that? I just forgot. 😮

45 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Oh, those Ukrainians! It's time for Ukrainian bashing :partytime2:

They don't like to pay money. They want to have everything for free! Because they are victims of the Russian aggression! The whole world must support them and give them various freebies... :welcomeani:

You poor thing..........🤔

4 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Correct. She only threatened to kill another person. This constitutes a "Murder Threat" criminal offence. What Section is that? I just forgot. 😮

You're in Thailand, not another country, you cannot apply laws from another country. 

36 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Now the police will have to look for her again, she may have problems finding a new hotel.

Why will the police need to look for her again?...

" The driver then reported the matter to Chalong police, who arrested the foreign woman and charged her. However, according to the report, following her release from court..."

Edited by Liverpool Lou

26 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

"The driver then reported the matter to Chalong police, who arrested the foreign woman and charged her. However, according to the report, following her release from court."

How much more "confrontational" could they be?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Why is she still free to roam the streets?  Everyone says she has a screw loose and a possible threat. 

At least a padded cell away from Joe Public. 

I the UK one can get two years for carrying a knife used in an altercation.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

So she was not arrested or charged with threatening behavior liable to cause injury

From the OP...

"The driver then reported the matter to Chalong police, who arrested the foreign woman and charged her. However, according to the report, following her release from court..."