90 days nightmare

Dirk Z

1 hour ago, Dirk Z said:

According to the red stamp on my previous notification my next 90 days was due on April 8th. I did the report online. To my surprise I received an email the next day that it was rejected. This had happened twice before. The first time was because I re-entered the country, this is how it was explained to me at CW, the second time because I had a new passport. So this time everything seemed in place for an online report. I drove off to CW where I got my queue ticket at 10:43 a.m. At that time there were 387 in the queue before me. The place was crowded like I had never seen before. Maybe because of the upcoming holidays and the past day off. So I waited and waited but I was assured that I would be taken care of the same day. Around 4:30 p.m. the counter started to speed up without more people being served. A long queue line formed. Suddenly I was tapped on the shoulder by an officer who summoned me into a cubicle together with another elderly farang with grey hair. Here I was quickly served. The explanation for not being able to report online was that “ON” should be read as “BEFORE”. My personal explanation is that their online system was once again messed up and that this was the main reason for the crowd. This was confirmed by some others in the queue who also could not do their report online. This whole 90 days business is an annoying nuisance. But in this case it felt more like harassment. I am probably not the only one who feels that a little more gratitude and respect for those who bring money into the country and often support complete families is due.

Same just happened to me. Last time I did my 90 days at the Phuket drive-through. Applied online this morning, got a response this afternoon:

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

Others (Please specify)Please submit 90 days report in person because your extension is in another province."

No it's not. The system is screwed again.

• Agree 2

My report was due on 8th April too and since they upgraded on line reporting a few years ago it has worked seamlessly- except this time (rejected) and also coincided with not getting the usual email reminder 15 days before. When asking after doing it personally it transpired that there was an error in the system around that time. Thats all there is to it 

20 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I would just leave the country before doing another yearly extension = solves the entire issue already.

So you restart the whole Non Imm visa process and your first yearly extension every visit to the country you mean? That sounds mental.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

Spoken like a man who doesn't understand the meaning of human rights 😄

https://www.un.org/en/global-issues/human-rights

What Are Human Rights?

Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status. Human rights include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more.  Everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination

read that and tell me (with a straight face) that all of the above applies to ALL foreigners living in Thailand in 2024.

bob.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Enoon said:

But you, by your own admission, complied with the rule that compelled you to leave the country every 90 days:

"I refused to ever do 90 day reporting, I would just leave the country....."

Guy laughing at you. Man pointing his ...

actually, Enoon, I would argue that leaving the country every 90 days is a lot more admirable than doing the draconian 90 day reports..

at least they don’t get to make you dance to their horrible tune..

you get to leave every 3 months for a holiday, entirely of your own accord! 

I would much rather spend my time taking 3 days out tapping up the local brass abroad than having to deal with a sour faced IO on a power trip.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status. Human rights include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more.  Everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination

read that and tell me (with a straight face) that all of the above applies to ALL foreigners living in Thailand in 2024.

bob.

Dude - we are free to come and go as we please. Human rights don't include the right to live without restriction in foreign countries, and the privilege to live in Thailand comes with a very reasonable requirements. Human Rights complaints belong in the Ghaza forum 😆

Edited by Wuvu2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wuvu2 said:

Dude - we are free to come and go as we please. Human rights don't include the right to live as you please in countries where you are not a citizen, and the privilege to live in Thailand is offered here with very reasonable requirements. Human Rights complaints belong in the Ghaza forum 😆

90 day reports are reasonable???

what planet are you on!!

regards,

bob.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I refused to ever do 90 day reporting, I would just leave the country before doing another yearly extension = solves the entire issue already. Same to not care TM30 too. I wonder why most people even do this, it is not needed at all, unless you never leave the country at all. Even then: 1400 baht fine.

People need to stop being sheep and just live life. I never been hassled even I don't listen to their rules.

Yeeeh, riiiiiiight............:coffee1:

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

actually, Enoon, I would argue that leaving the country every 90 days is a lot more admirable than doing the draconian 90 day reports..

at least they don’t get to make you dance to their horrible tune..

you get to leave every 3 months for a holiday, entirely of your own accord! 

I would much rather spend my time taking 3 days out tapping up the local brass abroad than having to deal with a sour faced IO on a power trip.

bob.

You can do a 90 day report from that very keyboard you are using, in not much more time than writing that post....😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

90 day reports are reasonable???

what planet are you on!!

regards,

bob.

Werent you happier when you left for the weekend, after saying you were "outa here"

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

I am probably not the only one who feels that a little more gratitude and respect for those who bring money into the country and often support complete families is due.

Great post right up until the last line of pure arrogance.

Thailand/Gross domestic product

495.4 billion USD (2022)

Just give us a ballpark guess as to what percentage of the GDP YOU'VE brought in please.

Also, how many of Thailand's 71.1 million population (of which YOU don't account for) support "complete families"? Most of the Thai families I know support their parents as well as their children. Do you?

You don't want to do 90 day reports anymore, just pry open your personal safe and get an elite visa. :wai:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

Better than in the US.

Where Immigrants and visitors are just allowed to roam free on the streets, for as long as they want, stealing and raping.

Sounds good to me!

bob.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Stop being sheep ? Ridiculous comment. Get to CW earlier. Last 90 day I was no.16 and out by 0915hrs. Equally easy for my annual extension, last time out by 1115hrs. Never ever had any hassle since first arriving in Thailand in 1962.

248 visits to immigration in the 62 years you have been here. Did you enjoy every single trip?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Great post right up until the last line of pure arrogance.

Thailand/Gross domestic product

495.4 billion USD (2022)

Just give us a ballpark guess as to what percentage of the GDP YOU'VE brought in please.

Also, how many of Thailand's 71.1 million population (of which YOU don't account for) support "complete families"? Most of the Thai families I know support their parents as well as their children. Do you?

You don't want to do 90 day reports anymore, just pry open your personal safe and get an elite visa. :wai:

It's not about the quantity, I did not state that and there are plenty of families that are supported by a farang. It's the principle. 

2 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

It's not about the quantity, I did not state that and there are plenty of families that are supported by a farang. It's the principle. 

According to your post, you waited too long to try and report online, the place was a LOT more crowded than usual, there were some 400 people ahead of you and you went an hour before lunch BUT, in the end, 1 of the officers seeing you were an elderly gentleman pulled you into his cubicle to take care of you personally.

Then you claim it felt like you were being harassed and thought YOU should have been treated better than all others doing the exact same thing because you support a Thai family. You sir, have strange (one-sided) principles.

Perhaps next time you should arrange to be carried in on a hand chariot with fair maidens tossing rose petals as the sea of humanity parts, genuflecting before you?

• Haha 1