British man fined 5,000 baht for naked stroll on Krabi beach

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A British man faces a fine of 5,000 baht after a viral video, filmed by a Thai local, showed him walking naked with his friends along Ao Nang Beach in the southern province of Krabi.

A resident of Krabi province witnessed the naked British man, later identified as 23 year old Joseph William Kershaw, and filmed him. The video was later shared on several social media platforms sparking complaints against the foreign man’s behaviour.

In the video, a gathering of 20 to 30 foreigners can be seen posing for a group photograph in front of the Sailfish Sculpture on Ao Nang Beach. Kershaw was seen strolling naked in the presence of his companions, swinging his clothes in hand.

The individual who filmed the incident informed Channel 3 that it occurred on April 8. The group of foreign tourists arrived at the location accompanied by a Thai tour guide. Kershaw’s companions appeared to applaud his behaviour and encourage him. Neither his companions nor the Thai guide intervened.

While the foreign group may have found Kershaw’s actions amusing, locals did not share the sentiment, asserting that his behaviour disrespected both the landmark sculpture and the community.

The person filming noted that both Thais and foreigners were present at the scene when the incident occurred, yet Kershaw proceeded with his actions, apparently under the impression that he could behave as he pleased in Thailand as a foreign tourist.

Krabi Immigration Police and Ao Nang Police Station managed to identify Kershaw and found that he was in Thailand on a tourist visa. The British man was summoned to the Ao Nang Police Station yesterday, April 9.

Kershaw issued an apology for his inappropriate action in the public place and claimed that he acted under the influence of alcohol.

As a result of his actions, Kershaw was fined 5,000 baht under Section 388 of the Criminal Law: performing a disgraceful act in public by undressing himself, exhibiting his undressed person, or committing any other act of obscenity.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ โหนกระแส

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

PPNew1000.jpg

...."disrespected the landmark"....Means, disrespect a Fish Sculpture.....hold me...:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by ujayujay
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

of course it is..

what’s your visa agents name?

bob.

No visa agent ever bob. I live on my own money and do all the extension paperwork myself. No need to waste money on an agent. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dan O said:

No visa agent ever bob. I live on my own money and do all the extension paperwork myself. No need to waste money on an agent. 

…that’s what they all say!

regards,

bob.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Yeah but I don't live a fictional life bob. I have no need to lie or make up stories to fit in or be one of the guys.  

you should try stand-up comedy, Dan!

honestly, you are really funny.

regards,

bob.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

you should try stand-up comedy, Dan!

honestly, you are really funny.

regards,

bob.

Thats the best you can do to try to insult me bob, really? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Thats the best you can do to try to insult me bob, really? 

No.

I could do a hell of a lot better, but I would get banned.

And you just ain’t worth it you loser.

bob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bob smith said:

No.

I could do a hell of a lot better, but I would get banned.

And you just ain’t worth it you loser.

bob.

There's a loser here and certainly isn't me bob. Walk to your bathroom and look in the mirror and you'll find the loser your looking for. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

There's a loser here and certainly isn't me bob. Walk to your bathroom and look in the mirror and you'll find the loser your looking for. 

what a child you are.

pathetic. put your toys away, Dan. 

bob.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

There has been a nude beach at Brighton for many years, to the west of the main beaches. 

Just in case anyone on here is thinking of jetting to the UK to check out Brighton Naturist Beach, I would point out that it is actually EAST of the main beach, towards the Marina. West would be Hove, where nudity is definitely a no-no.

500 for kicking a preggo and 5000 for showing a willy?  

20 years ago holding hands was taboo. As was most PDA.    

Crazy country but we knew that.  

8 hours ago, quake said:

Thai perv's out with there cameras again.

They must be getting bored of taking pictures of there dinner and posting it on face book. 

Remember years ago, my so called English girlfriend got her tits out on the beach, no end of Thais came over and took a photo.

No social media then.

• Like 2

And another quality foreigner tries pushing the limits. Thai Immigration is #1 responsible for allowing all the trash in more focused on $$$ when they themselves any time can deny anyone from entering. From all the freaks young and old men and women over the years would not break my heart to see 50% less obnoxious trash in. FREAK SHOW!

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What happened to the monk the other day? did he get fined?

He just got "de-frocked" and ran round the wat 3 times as a punishment

8 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Not a prude but you camped on St Tropez nudist beach in the 70’s and kept your shorts on.

Hmm……..

Because he had an erection

3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Thai Immigration is #1 responsible for allowing all the trash in more focused on $$$ when they themselves any time can deny anyone from entering.

I doubt he was naked when he arrived